PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

At least this one got a small penalty (after messin the entire field up) and I didn't get one. Only ended last...

This is why we need disqualification back. A 1s penalty for ruining races of 4 other drivers and that second is not even close to enough from stopping him causing further havoc.

45b7f9d573.jpg

Once again, someone who shouldn't be racing at SR99 and is kept there under the current system with an average history of SR B.

With most game development, you often see progression but in Polyphony's case, we see regression. How on earth a system from early 2018 is superior to a system in 2020 is beyond my capability of understanding.

Last edited:
This is why we need disqualification back. A 1s penalty for ruining races of 4 other drivers and that second is not even close to enough from stopping him causing further havoc.

45b7f9d573.jpg

Once again, someone who shouldn't be racing at SR99 and is kept there under the current system with an average history of SR B.

With most game development, you often see progression but in Polyphony's case, we see regression. How on earth a system from early 2018 is superior to a system in 2020 is beyond my capability of understanding.

That is one of the most messed up SR chart I’ve ever seen.

I hope FIA stay cleaner than dailies. Of course you do have some boneheads there as well.

Disqualification is a mixed bag tbh. I remember @Sven Jurgens posting a video a while back why disqualification is a no go. He was getting bumped, nothing bad. The game gave him a warning, any further contact, you will be kicked. He gets bumped again and he got kicked.

With that, imagine getting touched by a divebomber and you get a penalty and a warning for a dq and so on and the divebomber gets away scott free.

I really agree with @Trone_Colby on FIA stuff. I was down on it for a while, but I think I just had a run of bad luck.
I’m going to be doing more of those. The matching is great at 99. I had 14 drivers within a second on qual last race. Makes it nice.
I’m always working on my racecraft, and learning. The more that improves, the less issues I have. One point mentioned offline that I heard from @Deadpool was re racing properly, there might be incidental things that happen, but if you are racing properly minor mistakes shouldn’t be terminal to either party.
So, lately I have had good karma I guess, matching has been excellent, I’ve been midpack or worse on qual but I’ve learned a lot and had some intense fun racing...
Part of it is luck of the draw and whose on when you race. Obviously sometimes you get a few bad apples, but the better your racecraft gets and the more you learn, the less of an issue it is over the long haul.

45b7f9d573.jpg

What a weirdo. Mind-blowing that people drive clean to bank their SR just so they can cash it out and drive like complete spazzes. What a complete waste of effort and time.

45b7f9d573.jpg

PD just should make it so that you're SR cannot be S if history is like that, and same goes with DR.

They should be driver average in some time frame, and getting to higher DR requires to have appropriate SR.

But yeah likely :rolleyes:

Penalty system... It can't be easy to design a system that works for people who wants to race clean AND people who don't want to race clean.

At least this one got a small penalty (after messin the entire field up) and I didn't get one. Only ended last...

This video really needs showing to PD, it's this kind of nonsense that drives good and fair drivers away from the game.

In the 1st SECTOR that driver had ruined the race of 4 other drivers with very little penalty to show for it, probably the worst driving I've seen and it's rewarded, just bonkers and obviously very disgusting.

This video really needs showing to PD, it's this kind of nonsense that drives good and fair drivers away from the game.

In the 1st SECTOR that driver had ruined the race of 4 other drivers with very little penalty to show for it, probably the worst driving I've seen and it's rewarded, just bonkers and obviously very disgusting.
I don't have Twitter, Instagram or Facebook otherwise I could hashtag it #mygtmoment

After 2 and a half years of playing this game from the very beginning and watching...

- the completely broken penalty system
- the broken point system
- or whatever System
- the politics of not communicating with the community
- choosing the most wrong possible decission on every opportunity (like tyre wear x15 or whatever)

... I think I know what the issue is. And no, the answer is not that they are simply stupid and stubborn. Because if they would just be stupid, they would have made occasionaly/ randomly some correct decissions. But as said, they do always choose the completely 180° wrong decission (divebomber gets rewarded with position gain and victim gets penalty, is a good one of many examples).

No, I think something very else is going on. I think they try to communicate with us by making that severe errors after and after, because they expect us to realize that no sensible company would do such a mess intentionally.
My guess is -I admit, its a very wild guess- they are calling for help because they are in some kind of heavy influence of an unknown force. I don't know of course what that could be, aliens, the underworld, or some other dark power, who knows.
But that is honestly my conclusion after all.
Wait, didn't some reporters of GTPlanet visit PD a while ago? I wonder if they didn't notice something unusal... there must have been something, hmm. And, to the collegues of these guys, are they really still the same after they turned back from PD headquarter? I hope they don't have some kind of a small device at their neck or so...

Last edited:
i'm getting really tired as well of being punted off by an out of control car and having the 3sec blame for it , i'm dead last already but yeah lets really bury your hopes of a recovery by adding a penalty!

Penalty system... It can't be easy to design a system that works for people who wants to race clean AND people who don't want to race clean.

Why is that dude even playing the game :confused:, hasnt he got any friends to play GTA with :irked:

How I lost 9 SR points in one lap!

The replays don't show it but I got an orange SR down arrow in both videos. The first one for letting the AI drive me inside the car ahead of me while stacking up during the rolling start glitch and the second one for not getting out of the way of flying cars, I guess. Surprisingly, I didn't get one for letting myself get caught in the mixmaster at the start/finish line. And I really wish the replays would show the radar. It looked like something out of a sci-fi/horror film.

Fun fact: @NoStopN started P3 this race and probably had no idea of the carnage that happened behind him.

I am done with this complete trash of a game I signed up to GTplanet just to complain hoping that GT would take notice but after seeing that you guys have been complaining about this for 2 years 147 pages I guess GT Devs don't care. I am only new to racing games just been playing this game and only for like 2 months. But with alot of time and effort I made it to a DR B SR S ( I know not great for some but for me I was happy) . I prided myself on being a clean driver letting people back in if I slightly bumped them wide while trying to pass. Now in the last 2 days I went from SR S to lower B, again not as bad as some on here but if I continue I know it will go the same way. And you guessed it all because other other people ramming and hitting ME!!!!! One guy came flying in from way back punted me off when I was following the racing line so he could get around the corner and my SR dropped and I got a 4 second penalty, and he got.........nothing. Another guy took me out 200m from the line so I went from 3rd to 9th, and he got..... well 3rd.

This isn't a racing game of skill, it's a game of who can exploit the penalty system to beat the guy infront

This isn't a racing game of skill, it's a game of who can exploit the penalty system to beat the guy infront

Yeah, sums it up quite nicely. Unfortunately that's what all the "tweaks" to the penalty system over the years have led to. All of us here had hoped that the latest update would actually change something because of the "Update preview" notice from PD. But from what I can tell, it is no different from 1.56. There are instances where the penalty system penalizes the victim, that have not been addressed or changed for a loooong time (dive bombs, getting hit by an out of control car and many others). That must mean that's how PD want it to be. It means that PD think 99,999% of players are just noobs who know nothing about clean racing and don't deserve any better. This penalty system only works 100% when there's no contact and that only happens at a very high level, where there are no idiots or trolls. Where all the people really know what they're doing and all of them take it very seriously (like 70K+ DR). So, they have made a great game for like a hundred people on this planet. :lol: Just do what a lot of us have already done. Don't pay any attention to your DR and SR ranks. Those systems (just like the penalties) are broken and say absolutely nothing about your driving/racing skills or whether you're clean or not. Just have fun and DO NOT TAKE THIS GAME SERIOUSLY. It is not worth it anymore at our level.

Polyphony are only interested in player numbers at this point. It would be no surprise if GTS eventually becomes F2P or 'free' via PSN+ and in the unlikely event there are major changes to the system, Polyphony would take a risk of losing all casual crash-happy GTA/Wreckfest players which make up a big part of those numbers.

The transition of this game from the penalty system's focal point has slowly become more simcade than sim over time to cater for casual players. That was demonstrated by removing heavy damage and moving away from a shared blame system which is the norm in other games like Assetto Corsa Competizione and iRacing. If developers of those titles continue using a shared fault system, it's clearly working out although a key difference is those games have many more serious racers.

The bottom line is Polyphony seem fine for this type of driver to continue ruining races with minimal penalty repercussion (and in many cases, rewarded) at the expense of others who want to race clean under correct racing rules.

Polyphony are only interested in player numbers at this point. It would be no surprise if GTS eventually becomes F2P or 'free' via PSN+ and in the unlikely event there are major changes to the system, Polyphony would take a risk of losing all casual crash-happy GTA/Wreckfest players which make up a big part of those numbers.

My goodness do I hope it never does. Imagine all of the players who will download and play the game that will have entitled personalities because they're playing a free game (although only made free due to their PS+ membership but still) and how vocal and loud their opinions will be due to penalty "issues". The game's penalty system in Sport Mode, from what I am still reading (still haven't played as of the last time I posted in this thread) still gets many situations wrong (mostly car collision incidents), so imagine if an influx of thousands of new players start playing the game and then start complaining about penalties that "were wrongly handed to them".

It's bad enough that the game still handles car collision incidents incorrectly, and then when you start getting players complaining about penalties they received that were probably rightfully handed to them within reason (I'm not siding with the penalty system here, but I'm sure you can imagine the type of players I am referring to), it wouldn't be too far off from a plausible idea that PoDi would just disable car collision penalties in Sport Mode outright to reduce the number of complaints. Both parties receiving a penalty for a collision wouldn't work in the favor of these players either, since you'd get the "okay he got a penalty but why did I get one!? I don't deserve one he does!" mentality.

On the flipside, disabling car collision penalties could go against them. An obnoxious player could be stone-walling and ramming other players off-course and driving very aggressively and poorly, then another player who was victimized by said obnoxious player could decide to get revenge on them, all well within reason and if they wanted to. If the victim decides to exact their revenge, they do so; the obnoxious player has their race ruined, and as a result, will do everything in their power to make their voice heard about how unfair their last race was despite their rather dangerous and toxic behavior on the course. I can see why tuning the penalty system is a rather delicate process.

In my opinion I still think that SR is too easy to gain, and although with the recent updates you can lose quite a lot during races (especially Race A), it's still a bit too easy to gain back and maintain an S rating. And if they won't solve the SR rating conundrum, then I still think that both parties getting a penalty during a car collision incident is the most fair, since it's obvious the developers are still having trouble ruling out who was antagonistic and who was the victim during these incidents. It's not fair for the player who wasn't at fault to have their race ruined by not only getting unbalanced and thrown off the course before receiving an undeserved penalty, but it's also not fair for the player who was at fault to continue their race without getting punished for it while also continuing their dangerous behavior.

My goodness do I hope it never does. Imagine all of the players who will download and play the game that will have entitled personalities because they're playing a free game (although only made free due to their PS+ membership but still) and how vocal and loud their opinions will be due to penalty "issues". The game's penalty system in Sport Mode, from what I am still reading (still haven't played as of the last time I posted in this thread) still gets many situations wrong (mostly car collision incidents), so imagine if an influx of thousands of new players start playing the game and then start complaining about penalties that "were wrongly handed to them".

It's bad enough that the game still handles car collision incidents incorrectly, and then when you start getting players complaining about penalties they received that were probably rightfully handed to them within reason (I'm not siding with the penalty system here, but I'm sure you can imagine the type of players I am referring to), it wouldn't be too far off from a plausible idea that PoDi would just disable car collision penalties in Sport Mode outright to reduce the number of complaints. Both parties receiving a penalty for a collision wouldn't work in the favor of these players either, since you'd get the "okay he got a penalty but why did I get one!? I don't deserve one he does!" mentality.

On the flipside, disabling car collision penalties could go against them. An obnoxious player could be stone-walling and ramming other players off-course and driving very aggressively and poorly, then another player who was victimized by said obnoxious player could decide to get revenge on them, all well within reason and if they wanted to. If the victim decides to exact their revenge, they do so; the obnoxious player has their race ruined, and as a result, will do everything in their power to make their voice heard about how unfair their last race was despite their rather dangerous and toxic behavior on the course. I can see why tuning the penalty system is a rather delicate process.

In my opinion I still think that SR is too easy to gain, and although with the recent updates you can lose quite a lot during races (especially Race A), it's still a bit too easy to gain back and maintain an S rating. And if they won't solve the SR rating conundrum, then I still think that both parties getting a penalty during a car collision incident is the most fair, since it's obvious the developers are still having trouble ruling out who was antagonistic and who was the victim during these incidents. It's not fair for the player who wasn't at fault to have their race ruined by not only getting unbalanced and thrown off the course before receiving an undeserved penalty, but it's also not fair for the player who was at fault to continue their race without getting punished for it while also continuing their dangerous behavior.
Valid points. I advocate shared penalties too. But second best (since they can't get blame right) is no damages except for track penalties. We had that for a brief time around Christmas and the racing cleaned up a lot after a few days when the dirty drivers realized they would be retaliated upon often by a whole server.

Wow, I feel your pain with this one and some great responses from the others on here. Race B has been kind to me this week and I'm back in DR B land again - just but for how long??

BaareCZ said "Don't pay any attention to your DR and SR ranks. Those systems (just like the penalties) are broken and say absolutely nothing about your driving/racing skills or whether you're clean or not. Just have fun and DO NOT TAKE THIS GAME SERIOUSLY. It is not worth it anymore at our level" I've said this in another post and endorse those observations 100%.

I've also said that the game is frequented by hot headed kids, who's puberty testosterone levels are through the roof and, without a correct penalty system in place, the good are just standing up to be shot down.

In real life, you only have to follow a car for less than half a mile in order to identify what kind of driver is behind the wheel. Same here and if you look at his driving path compared to yours, it's quite clear to me that he needs his nappy changed.

Back