PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Yeah, that dude is always filthy. Last week at the 'Ring, he had a special, even dirtier dup account. Same name, just with 42078 at the end.

He is brutal, fastish but brutal. I call him out every single time warning other drivers.

I was in a race two days ago with TheKie25 and that guy again. I was curious to see what would happen when TheKie25 got to him. He clearly knew who he was :rolleyes:

Freakin wuss :yuck:

He also tail fish me before T1 and sanding me in the wall at full speed and getting 1.5 sec for hitting a wall :banghead:

Last edited:
And then and I meet this guy causing havoc on the track and he didn't even got half the penaltys he should have.

Beware of this guy and be sure to punt him off before he do. It's not the first time I have to deal with him. While the pens were off, I took him off track after he bumps me wide 3 times. Then in the chat, he said he will remember me for what I've done. lol

I also got the reseting car penality. Seriously, this kind of thing should not even exist. shame :yuck:

That guy in the first video ruined two of my races a couple of days ago. He is awful and I'm glad to see him being mentioned here. In the one race where I never interacted with him, two other players were cursing him in the post race. At least I'm not alone.

Btw, I'm mid B, I think (still sworn to never check my DR) so maybe he got reset?

Last edited:
That guy in the first video ruined two of my races a couple of days ago. He is awful and I'm glad to see him being mentioned here. In the one race where I never interacted with him, two other players were cursing him in the post race. At least I'm not alone.

Btw, I'm mid B, I think (still sworn to never check my DR) so maybe he got reset?

I don't think so. He's unfortunately a master at dirty driving and tricking the game. He always finish his races with a blue S.
In one race in the first few lap, he was a couple cars ahead of me. Too far for seeing him but there was yellow flag everytime coming into a corner. Pretty sure it was him creating chaos.

Last edited:
I don't think so. He's unfortunately a master at dirty driving and tricking the game. He always finish his races with a blue S.
In one race in the first few lap, he was a couple ahead of me. To far for seeing him but there was yellow flag everytime coming into a corner. Pretty sure it was him creating chaos.
Weird, because he is definitely a DR B this week. I wonder what happened. Or maybe it's an alt, as I can't be bothered to remember the numbers next to his name.

I was in a race two days ago with TheKie25 and that guy again. I was curious to see what would happen when TheKie25 got to him. He clearly knew who he was :rolleyes:

Freakin wuss :yuck:

He also tail fish me before T1 and sanding me in the wall at full speed and getting 1.5 sec for hitting a wall :banghead:

i'm more amazed by the fact he no stopped with the soft tyres while conservating them like a boss , amazing

Pretty good racing for me lately. I expected it take a few weeks to mellow out so I worked on lap times and raced only occasionally to see what it's like. And it feels like it's pretty consistent with the matching lately. Back to "normal".

The timing of the penalty system change was terrible, for me. Ruined the first 2 races of the Toyota Series and stopped me from entering the FIA races. Had the changes been sooner or later I would have put in more effort.

In the future please consider it takes 3-4 weeks for the penalty system to even out. Changing the system immediately before a FIA season or new Series is a guarantee for bad matchmaking and experiences.

I feel the current iteration of the penalty system is good if you are a clean driver. Drive clean and you are unlikely to get a penalty. So one way to improve racing could be to reward clean driving with DR bonus and not just clean race bonus for CR. I think it will encorage a lot of drivers to drive clean.
It won't. Those that care about DR already do their best to avoid trouble. Those that only care about winning don't mind DR/SR loss as it only means you get a better chance at winning. It's a fundamental flaw which started by including a trophy for 91 online victories. Then you have those that only care about creating chaos.

What would work is DQ on contact. There will be no dirty drivers left in a week, no drivers at all.

GT Sport is a classic prisoner's dilemma experiment.

Let’s see this week we have wall riding A race, Diving B race, or punting C race.
All racing is a complete fail.
PD had a chance to own the online market but the lack of clean racing has sunk this title.

Gameplay is more than engaging enough, but the total lack of punishment to people who ram others ruins the experience completely.

I doubt I will ever race on my main account again.
On alt 75 percent of the reason I race is to hope to get a chance to revenge ram the jerks who rammed me before.

The game has been ruined all while PD is busy adding a 15th variation to a Toyota 86 streetcar.

They have totally neglected the fact that there’s no punishment for playing dirty which drives clean players away.

This means more spots for dirty players to succeed even more. It’s a vicious cycle.

Im leaving. There’s better options available…

Let’s see this week we have wall riding A race, Diving B race, or punting C race.
All racing is a complete fail.
PD had a chance to own the online market but the lack of clean racing has sunk this title.

Gameplay is more than engaging enough, but the total lack of punishment to people who ram others ruins the experience completely.

I doubt I will ever race on my main account again.
On alt 75 percent of the reason I race is to hope to get a chance to revenge ram the jerks who rammed me before.

The game has been ruined all while PD is busy adding a 15th variation to a Toyota 86 streetcar.

They have totally neglected the fact that there’s no punishment for playing dirty which drives clean players away.

This means more spots for dirty players to succeed even more. It’s a vicious cycle.

Im leaving. There’s better options available…
I have to say s few things here.
The game is 4 years old. Four years old and still have a bigger player base than anything else in racing online.
The only options that's not more dirty are the real Sims. And they have a much smaller player base, and in iRacings case a very costly subscription basis that allows for scrutiny of reported players

I agree, the penalty system isn't up to its part. But people playing to revenge punt is just as mucha part of the problem as the original dirty driver. How is the new guy seeing that to know you are just settling a score?
You are more likely setting an example.

So, good luck and God speed in the better options

I don't mind the penalty system. The side to side bumping could be a tad more sensitive but it's the SR system that is sort of absurd to me.

I'm gonna repeat what I said in the daily thread. SR down on all contact and SR up only upon having completed a sector when having been within a second of another car at some point within that sector.

I'm sure there is holes in that idea but I've never been much of an idea man.

I've still yet to race this week. I had a chance today but the comments in the daily race thread make it sound like a warzone out there and Catalunya is hard enough with tire wear, I'd imagine. I want to try a couple before the week is done, though. I have little interest in Gr1 next week, even though I would love to try St Croix for once.

Last edited:
mini compilation from today:clip one, lap 1 somebody does the old "12 wheels turn better than four trick, and i get penalized for the aftermath of someone else's hackery.
clip two mid race, dude locks 'em up cuz of early entry, pinballs off the wall, so of course, ole Kuz must be made to pay. And the icing on the cake is getting doored into the wall next lap through, lolsmh

Last edited:
I agree, the penalty system isn't up to its part. But people playing to revenge punt is just as mucha part of the problem as the original dirty driver. How is the new guy seeing that to know you are just settling a score?
You are more likely setting an example.
These are great true words.
At some point all of us are setting an example of something every race.

The only options that's not more dirty are the real Sims. And they have a much smaller player base, and in iRacings case a very costly subscription basis that allows for scrutiny of reported players
Watching a guy the other day comparing GTS to iRacing and he said that basically people were scared of contact because of damage ruining your race. This is the problem here, there's nothing to be scared of. Now I'm not suggesting that damage is the only option, but there needs to be a penalty for bad driving. If they are going to keep the SR to 99 it needs to be limited to say 5 points gain per race. Keep everything else the same just stop people from being able to go from 1 to 99 in 4-5 games. If it took them 20 clean games to get back to decent drivers people would either think more about it or would be away from those who actually want clean races. Again this is just one solution, but this constant make slight bumps be pens going to all out ramming being fine doesn't help anyone.

Seems to me maybe @Pigems might be qualified to comment on the other games system by now…
What say you good sir?
The penalty system in iRacing is no fault, so almost any contact is an automatic 4x and SR loss for both parties, regardless of how it happened. It’s easier than trying to assign fault at least, but still not perfect. The damage definitely makes you not want to touch other cars too, especially in open wheel cars, they are very fragile lol.

SR seems much harder to gain in iRacing though, and fairly easy to lose. Certain races and series are also locked behind SR Barriers, meaning you have to reach a certain SR license to be eligible for them. Also, your license in iRacing is SR related, not iR(DR), so unlocking the next level of races means being safe more so than fast.

Overall, I like the iRacing system better, so far. Long term testing will tell more as time goes on.

Edit: One other thing, while you may see a lot less of the purposely dirty driving in iRacing, it’s a trade off for more of the overestimating ones own skill level type of driving. It’s harder to get out of the beginner classes than in GTS by quite a bit. Everyone seems to think they are a pro in the lower classes. :lol:

Last edited:
What the heck...
I just finished a B race without penalties, only to find out back in the lobby that my S rating went down (the S was in red).
How is this possible? Did this ever happened to anybody?

I smell bugs with the new update....

You can even get a clean race bonus with a red SR rating and dropping an SR rank. I don't know why, yet at some point PD turned off the SR Down arrows (if no penalty time) but still deducts SR for contact. It makes it a lot easier to get CRB anyway.

Without even a warning during the race? (the orange indicator that pops up on top of your screen)
How does that make sense?

Does any of it make sense? It's consistent with the rest of the penalty and SR system 🤣
Good point.🧐

It happened again btw. I'm speechless because I've been playing non-stop for months and never happened to me before today.

Same thing just happened to me in race C. I had no penalties yet my SR for the race was -7 giving me a red rating.
Maybe my livery is offensive or I looked at a another driver in an inappropriate manner.

Last edited:
Same thing just happened to me in race C. I had no penalties yet my SR for the race was -7 giving me a red rating.
Maybe my livery is offensive or I looked at a another driver in an inappropriate manner.
Maybe you dropped a tire off course & kicked sand in someone's face. 😆

This is getting silly now!

I just ran a Race B at Monza. I had no contact penalties and only two track limit violations of 0.5 sec. each.

I finish the race and I have no “red dot”.

I do, however have another red S.

I checked Kudosprime and it seems I managed to lose -11 SR!

Is anyone having similar issues?

It's time that the penalty system must be reverted to what it once was prior to update 1.66. It is strictly a must for those who desire that.

I just ran a Race B at Monza. I had no contact penalties and only two track limit violations of 0.5 sec. each.

You would have had a red dot if you received any penalty at all. -11 seems very harsh though.

It's time that the penalty system must be reverted to what it once was prior to update 1.66. It is strictly a must for those who desire that.
There was no changes officially made. But you can you know always drive cleaner.

As OJBrit has written a couple of posts above yours. YOU CAN LOSE SR WITHOUT GETTING CONTACT PENALTIES. It's been like that for years now. However you can now lose SR even without getting SR downs (as Sven has said in his post), which is new. However I can't confirm it myself since I haven't played GTS for almost 2 months. Ever since I finally got myself a new PC and installed ACC, I somehow can't force myself to play this VIDEO GAME anymore. 😄 However losing 11 SR in 1 race means there must have been contact with another car(s). Whether it was your fault or not is irrelevant. All of us here know how "good" the penalty system is at assigning blame. 😅 The only way out is to try and avoid contact altogether. Good luck. 😄

Back