People won't have to wait till 2017 for a new GT

• Thread starter Cobaiye
  • 171 comments
  • amar212 revealed the name "Gran Turismo Sport" on NeoGAF, then it appears again in a webpage of a key SONY distributor in Amar's home country of Croatia. Incorrect?
Yes. The fact that it wasn't picked up as news until a couple of days ago doesn't mean that that is when they put the game up online. According to another GTP member, the website was brought up on another GT forum a whole month before Amar said anything about it on GAF; and I've independently been able to find it being talked about a day after Amar's post.

Last edited:
Will be good to see something like this in next GT damage physics, but I don't expect it at all.

Soft body physics is useless in a game like this. Not to forget the basic damage system all games follow. No car manufacturer wants their car displayed with full damage. Which is why you never see a game with licensed cars have damage like that.

Oh really?
1375411261_driver-2013-07-28-10-16-15-28.jpg

Although it does have to be mentioned that the car that is blown up with a person inside is a car made by Ubisoft, not a real car. I think they are fine with anything up to fatalities.

Honestly, i don't think it'll be that big of a step that people think it will be.

GT4 to GT5 was nowhere near that big...

The campaign will still be boring, forced and exploit-y at the same time.
The AI will still suck.
There will still be PS2 era cars in GT7.
The menu will still be awful, meh at best.
There will be no consistency in anything, design, premium/normal cars, menu design, multiplayer, whatever.

GT6 sold more than enough to make Kaz and Polyphony think they can't do anything wrong. There is literally no need for them to improve or innovate because people will buy their stuff anyway...

And yes, this sounds nihilistic, but i am a big GT fan - However, i have a very, VERY hard time seeing any real differences between GT2 and GT6 aside from the graphics. What has really changed over all those years? I won't be hyping myself up untill i see the new game in action, including all promised features. Fancy new graphics won't do it anymore.

The jump from GT4 to GT5 was HUGE. It just took too long to happen (2005 -2010). GT5's AI might not have been ideal, but it was still light years ahead of GT4's AI, which pretended you didnt even exist. GT5's physics also were a massive leap over GT4. You couldnt even do donuts in GT4. And every car understeered in that game. Sounds also were massively improved, day/night transitions were added, and the graphics on premium cars and tracks looked like a proper next gen leap. Now in terms of gameplay, GT5 was definitely weaker then any GT before it. Fewer, less fun events, etc.

GT7 will no doubt in my mind be a HUGE jump over GT6. But again the issue is how long will we have to wait for this jump, and while improving terrible features to 'average' is a HUGE jump, how does it compare to the competition? If the sound is massively improved, will it finally be on par somewhat with GT's rivals?

The writer wonders if you need glasses.
Referring to me? I was talking about licensed cars. No such damage as in Beam.NG and their fake cars and certainly no deaths as in GTA, Watch_Dogs etc. Those types of damage to both driver and car does not exist in racing games with licensed cars.

Oh really?

Although it does have to be mentioned that the car that is blown up with a person inside is a car made by Ubisoft, not a real car. I think they are fine with anything up to fatalities.

I really don't know if this is some sort of urban myth or something, or something that other companies use as an excuse for not having damage, we don't have anything in our contract that talks about that. We do have that we cannot put blood, we cannot put decapitated people.

What does pre-baked damage have to do with soft body physics? The picture you showed is definitely not of the soft body style of damage model.

People won't have to wait till 2017 for a new GT <- title of thread.

What's the point? I don't have to wait that long for FM6 (September 15, 2015). I can play PCars now. I'll more than likely have AC by that time. When GT7 comes out, it will still have cars from 2 gens back and probably tracks that haven't been updated. They didn't show at E3 this year (stupid but expected). And the latest announcement from PD has to do with content additions to GT6 (last gen).

IMO, GT is dead. GT7 would have to be UNREAL to even get peoples ATTENTION (but with 2 gen old cars next to current gen cars on current gen tracks, some of that attention might be the wrong type of attention).

You didn't watch the video did you?:lol: Stefano said no damage limitations were placed on him by manufacturers other than blood and guts.
Was too tired to watch it all, no sleep since E3, haha. But I still hold on to my thing though, even though they weren't limited he still also mentioned what I said, I don't say car manufacturers strictly forbid it, just that they don't like it ^^

If PD are re-creating Gran Turismo, I say they will give us a demo. We'll get something for PS4. Maybe one car or two. A new track and probably 5-8 AI cars to race against. 2016 demo will have a 911 to test drive with clips of the 919 at LeMans to the ghost of Steve McQueen in the intro.

IMO, GT is dead. GT7 would have to be UNREAL to even get peoples ATTENTION (but with 2 gen old cars next to current gen cars on current gen tracks, some of that attention might be the wrong type of attention).
It never fails that some will pass off their negative views of Gran Turismo as universal truth, unchallenged. But that's GT Planet, the home of the Gran Turismo "fan." ;)

We might get a demo in the form of GT Academy events, as we did with GT5. I'm hoping though that it's not timed to expire like the first one was. We could get a GT7 HD patched into it with a few more cars and tracks to race on, more like the original Prologues. But since Kaz seems to be determined this time not to mess with a Prologue at all, I doubt we'll see more than GT Academy events, and he'll save the beef burrito for the game itself. Unless the team have done a ton of work on the game already, I hope that it takes until holidays 2016 for the release, so it can be as massive and sweeping as possible, bigger and with more to enjoy than GT4. And of course the nets will meltdown as always.

It never fails that some will pass off their negative views of Gran Turismo as universal truth, unchallenged. But that's GT Planet, the home of the Gran Turismo "fan." ;)

We might get a demo in the form of GT Academy events, as we did with GT5. I'm hoping though that it's not timed to expire like the first one was. We could get a GT7 HD patched into it with a few more cars and tracks to race on, more like the original Prologues. But since Kaz seems to be determined this time not to mess with a Prologue at all, I doubt we'll see more than GT Academy events, and he'll save the beef burrito for the game itself. Unless the team have done a ton of work on the game already, I hope that it takes until holidays 2016 for the release, so it can be as massive and sweeping as possible, bigger and with more to enjoy than GT4. And of course the nets will meltdown as always.

My comment started with IMO.

Well, but how can you possibly have such an opinion as "GT7 won't even get people's ATTENTION unless it's stupendous," when it's obviously being debated pro and con rather vigorously all over the nets, let alone what's going on here at GT Planet? Are you unaware of roughly how many people are racing in GT6 online every day? It's in the multiple thousands worldwide. Not only GT6, but even GT5 is still selling! Those have been the top selling Amazon PS3 racing games and have been in its Top 100 PS3 games for months. Yet another flurry of interest as E3 approached.

For a series which you believe has dropped off the planet's radar, there's zero evidence for it.

Well, but how can you possibly have such an opinion as "GT7 won't even get people's ATTENTION unless it's stupendous," when it's obviously being debated pro and con rather vigorously all over the nets, let alone what's going on here at GT Planet? Are you unaware of roughly how many people are racing in GT6 online every day? It's in the multiple thousands worldwide. Not only GT6, but even GT5 is still selling! Those have been the top selling Amazon PS3 racing games and have been in its Top 100 PS3 games for months. Yet another flurry of interest as E3 approached.

For a series which you believe has dropped off the planet's radar, there's zero evidence for it.
To be fair, @pasigiri did start their coment with "IMO" (In My Opinion), which means that GT is dead to them. In which case I hope they don't become yet another of the people who hand around the GT6 section just to **** in the pot and remind everyone just how dead GT is to them despite the fact that no one cares.

Regarding the topic for once: I'm pretty excited for this! If it comes out Holiday 2016, though... well, you probably won't see me much for at least a few months because I'll be too busy playing GT7 and Mass Effect: Andromeda, which is set to release around that time also. Roll on Holiday 2016!

Back