People won't have to wait till 2017 for a new GT

• Thread starter Cobaiye
  • 171 comments
Will be good to see something like this in next GT damage physics, but I don't expect it at all.

I'd like to see that in a Grand Theft Auto game. Obviously damage in GT7 isn't going to be anything like this. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near as good as Project CARS damage, let alone this good.

On another note, that BeamNG game looks really cool! Looks like a ton of fun. :cheers:

Well, but how can you possibly have such an opinion as "GT7 won't even get people's ATTENTION unless it's stupendous," when it's obviously being debated pro and con rather vigorously all over the nets, let alone what's going on here at GT Planet? Are you unaware of roughly how many people are racing in GT6 online every day? It's in the multiple thousands worldwide. Not only GT6, but even GT5 is still selling! Those have been the top selling Amazon PS3 racing games and have been in its Top 100 PS3 games for months. Yet another flurry of interest as E3 approached.

For a series which you believe has dropped off the planet's radar, there's zero evidence for it.
Can you link me to some of these vigorous debates all over the nets about GT7, I can't seem to find any. 4 or 5 of the most vigorous debates should be enough. I'd really like to see what's happening in GT7 land "all over the nets"

Assetto Corsa also has multiple thousands of people playing online, in a game with no economy, so the online play is for pure enjoyment, not the crash and bash of the QM system that people utilize just to earn money. Does that mean AC is as popular as GT6?

Can you link me to some of these vigorous debates all over the nets about GT7, I can't seem to find any. 4 or 5 of the most vigorous debates should be enough. I'd really like to see what's happening in GT7 land "all over the nets"

Assetto Corsa also has multiple thousands of people playing online, in a game with no economy, so the online play is for pure enjoyment, not the crash and bash of the QM system that people utilize just to earn money. Does that mean AC is as popular as GT6?

No it isn't because GT6 is a better game :)
The real reason however is that it isn't as well known and some laptops can't run it.

Yeah Assetto Corsa needs some polishing to look good on console. But other than that it is a pretty good game, if you look past the huge borders around the screen when playing on a lower res than your native screen res(My MBPr has 3360x2100, so obviously for gaming I play at 1080p, and that is sooo tiny in Assetto Corsa. Barely playable because it is so small)

After the year long delay for GT5, the "at least one new track every month as DLC" which turned out to be "at most one new track every year", the track creator which still doesn't exist, and the 50 other things that are "planned for a future update", it absolutely boggles the mind that anyone can believe a single word to come out of Kaz's mouth.

No it isn't because GT6 is a better game :)
The real reason however is that it isn't as well known and some laptops can't run it.

Said no one ever. Biggest lie ever told on the net a thousand times over.

The bottom part is true GT is the only racing game that most people know, but venturing out you find out it's now literally a steaming pile of ****.

Really... try Forza 5 and get back to me on that one. Or PCars.
Never tried Forza but I have tried PCars and Assetto Corsa and both put PD to shame in every area they have in common except for car count and in AC's case, track count as well. GT's graphics hold up extremely well given the age of the console, but in particular physics, sounds, FFB, AI and the level of adjustability in all parts of the gaming experience leave PD in the dust.

And there you go , another GT vs X thread. People that play other games like to feel all superior coming here bashing GT , oh you prefer PCars or AC or any other game , cool , now don't come here bashing GT just because you don't like.

And there you go , another GT vs X thread. People that play other games like to feel all superior coming here bashing GT , oh you prefer PCars or AC or any other game , cool , now don't come here bashing GT just because you don't like.
You should probably check the context first.

if you look past the huge borders around the screen when playing on a lower res than your native screen res(My MBPr has 3360x2100, so obviously for gaming I play at 1080p, and that is sooo tiny in Assetto Corsa. Barely playable because it is so small)
You're aware that it can be upscaled? You don't really have to play with black borders.

Just no I've played GT3-6 and certain most here have to, and just cause I say X game better than Y blows it out the water. Doesn't mean it becomes GT vs X game.

I still have a little bit of hope GT7 will be somewhat good, but on the same token you almost can't deny it's been bypassed by other titles.

If you don't think that's true good luck.

He has said that developing on the PS4 is a lot easier than on the PS3. Its a simpler platform and doesn't have the complicated Cell CPU structure. I would expect it between December 2016 and March 2017.

I still have a little bit of hope GT7 will be somewhat good, but on the same token you almost can't deny it's been bypassed by other titles.

If you don't think that's true good luck.

Ok where did i say that other games didn't surpass GT? If you're going to reply , reply withing context of my post atleast.

Ok where did i say that other games didn't surpass GT? If you're going to reply , reply withing context of my post atleast.
So context you want, and you'll get it. You're complaining about people criticizing GT, or as you call it bashing, and what I see is constructive criticism more than anything. You act as if you're the only person that likes GT, and no one else doesn't that's what I get from your post.

Also about the bypass part that is more me just saying that in general because it's true. I can't deny that if I sat here and said that equivalent of being a homer of a sports team.

Oh look, once again, people dancing on Gran Turismo's grave, and it just keeps selling right along. I peeked Amazon's Top 100 PS3 games last night, and there were only three racing games in the list. Guess what, all three were Gran Turismos. And in America, where racing games are half as popular as in Europe, imagine that.

Unfortunately, the criticism here isn't supportive as much as mocking, which is why some are so turned off they've left. But some of us have to hang around rather than flee to the NeoGAF or Playstation forums (memo to JohnnyP) to say good things and debate about this series we love, and support Jordan's hard work to keep this place functional.

In spite of the fact that there are infinitely better games out, we still enjoy this series, still enjoy GT6 - there is still traffic in the GT6 forums, after all, and it's not a total grouch fest in there, yet. And we still look forward with the rest of Earth for the next Gran Turismo. And hope it appears by holidays 2016.

Oh look, once again, people dancing on Gran Turismo's grave, and it just keeps selling right along. I peeked Amazon's Top 100 PS3 games last night, and there were only three racing games in the list. Guess what, all three were Gran Turismos. And in America, where racing games are half as popular as in Europe, imagine that.

GT6 is ranked 411th overall in video games. GT5 XL? 812th. GT5 Vanilla? 1066th.

That it sells well on a now-unpopular system does not mean it's selling well, full-stop. For two reasons, really:
  • This junk currently stands at the top of the pile, on the list that you love to quote. Why do you suppose that is?
  • Amazon uses historical data for a title as well as predictive values to determine those lists. A series like GT, with a history of selling well, will get a head-start on that ranking versus a new title, while also retaining its ranking for a longer period of sales-drought comparatively.
Basically, using Amazon as any sort of measure of GT's sales is no better than vgchartz.

Unfortunately, the criticism here isn't supportive as much as mocking, which is why some are so turned off they've left. But some of us have to hang around rather than flee to the NeoGAF or Playstation forums (memo to JohnnyP) to say good things and debate about this series we love, and support Jordan's hard work to keep this place functional.

I can't stress this enough: you don't have to do anything.

In spite of the fact that there are infinitely better games out, we still enjoy this series, still enjoy GT6 - there is still traffic in the GT6 forums, after all, and it's not a total grouch fest in there, yet. And we still look forward with the rest of Earth for the next Gran Turismo. And hope it appears by holidays 2016.

I almost commended you for making it an entire post without ridiculous hyperbole, but then you had to go and say that.

Using an actual business to track sales levels isn't any better than VG Chartz? Okay, I think you have reached Johnnypenso level of arguing, Slip. Nice to see you too. ;)

Using an actual business to track sales levels isn't any better than VG Chartz? Okay, I think you have reached Johnnypenso level of arguing, Slip. Nice to see you too. ;)

Those lists are relative, for one, and as already mentioned, use predictive algorithms and historical data.

But sure, play it smart: tell me, what are the sales levels of GT6.

Eh, maybe rather than let the adrenaline from a rough hockey game seep into a post, I'll tone it down. Just a scouche. ;)

GT6 is ranked 411th overall in video games. GT5 XL? 812th. GT5 Vanilla? 1066th.

That it sells well on a now-unpopular system does not mean it's selling well, full-stop. For two reasons, really:
  • This junk (1) currently stands at the top of the pile, on the list that you love to quote. Why do you suppose that is?
  • Amazon uses historical data (2) for a title as well as predictive values to determine those lists. A series like GT, with a history of selling well, will get a head-start on that ranking versus a new title, while also retaining its ranking for a longer period of sales-drought comparatively.
Well, first of all,

1. "That junk" is what people want, obviously. And it makes some sort of sense that people would rather play a combo of karaoke and an American Idol game rolled into one in the privacy of their own homes and/or with friends. I suppose you have a problem with that...

2. I also suppose that "historical data and predictive values" explains why GT6 moves around just a few spots. Or actually, no, it bounces around between 8th and 30th or more. I'm thinking maybe you're greatly exaggerating your point there. As well as your "VG Chartz" remark.

But to your post... I have no clue what point you're trying to make with it. "GT6 is ranked 411th overall in video games. GT5 XL? 812th. GT5 Vanilla? 1066th." What does this even mean? Critical acclaim? Metacritic listings? Arbitrary metrics with no context whatsoever have no value, Slip, surely you know that. Neither is comparing a racing game to The Sims, Minecraft and Tetris. You know, at least I hope you know, that racing games are such a niche market, that any time a racer sells more than two million units, the devs pop champagne corks.

So GT5 "Nilla" ranked 1066th in some listing or other. That's kind of hard to square with a game which combined with the XL Edition could possibly have sold 11 million copies by now. Can you imagine the river of tears of joy from a racing game developer - other than PD - who sold a game at half that level? I'd say the only person here to which these metrics you post have any value is you. It doesn't have squat to do with how well the gamers of the world enjoy the game and its features. Should it? Should we care what someone else says what we should be liking?

I'd be curious how some of the other racing games stack up in your tidy list.

But sure, play it smart: tell me, what are the sales levels of GT6.
To answer your question, I would think that, seeing as GT6 sold 3 million copies within two months of release, and clearly it's still selling around the planet, I would guess that it's sold between 4 and 7 million in a year and a half. Hey, it could be anything four mill or higher. But since you're a mighty mod and are privy to matters which we mere peons here on the boards can't hope to know, what's the actual figure?

Last edited:
GT6 is probably much closer to 4 million than 7 million in terms of sales. There haven't been official numbers stated anywhere. That's probably due to the timing of it's release coming after the launch of current gen consoles killing it's sales a bit.

I'd agree to that, but who knows? The real market for racing games is Europe, and they were responsible for making GT5 Prologue a platinum seller on pre-orders alone. So whatever it is, it would make another racing dev think Jesus bestowed a special favor on them.

Back