People won't have to wait till 2017 for a new GT

• Thread starter Cobaiye
  • 171 comments
I'm fine with realistic mechanical damage along with kind of simplified visual damage. Dents, scratches and broken glass takes you a long way as long as they happen at the actual points of contact.

I'm thinking that things like punctures and wheels coming loose can be done independently of the actual car being used, sort of like how you can put any wheels on any car. It's not something that would have to be added on a per-car basis.

lol 2019 confirmed, this guy is pure bs.

If pd and KAz were not so incompetent and phobic they could set a legit deadline and maybe actually make it.

It's hard to believe anything coming from Kaz:
-he said a PS4 GT game would be coming around 1-2 years after GT6 on PS3,
-he said GT6 would have monthly DLC cars & tracks,
-he promised a course maker with GPS features, he said it was in beta stage 1 year ago, but we still haven't had any actual info on it,
-he talked about FIA partnership but so far there's nothing about it in GT6,
-iirc he answered 1 question from the "Ask Kaz" board.

PD has yet to finish GT6, why should we believe anything Kaz says/promises about GT7?

What i noticed in the video, when she asked about the damage model Kaz says "it's not difficult to implement, but it's a lot of work", which leads me to believe 'don't expect realistic damage' which is in itself understandable if they are going to play the car count card again. And when she asks if GT7 will be for 2017, the reply is "this is Gran Turismo, you won't have to wait that long"...

:confused: :lol: He was being sarcastic there! It's going to be 2018!

I expect a holiday 2016 release like many other here, though I think we might see it revealed sooner just going off of how soon Sony has been showing off games lately.

So...I'm thinking a Paris Games Week reveal.

In 2007, even K.Yamauchi would have said that gt fans would not wait until end 2010 for the first PS3 Gran Turismo so this statement about 2017 does not mean anything.

I love the Gran Turismo series but I have absolutely 0 confidence in anything they say with regards to release dates. Their track record in being ridiculous on that area is just too big.

Whatever date is given, there is always a delay while they get it right. Look at GT6... 18 months and they are still working on it (maybe)!

Last edited:
Whatever date is given, there is always a delay while they get it right. Looknat GT6... 18 months and they are still working on it (maybe)!

It is true that it is a bit strange to remember how gt6 was advertised by PD when it was announced in 2013. Focus was put on the GPS thing and track creator. At the end, one of those features is useless for 99% of us and the other does not exist.
Edit: last but nost least... monthly track DLC

Honestly, i don't think it'll be that big of a step that people think it will be.

GT4 to GT5 was nowhere near that big...

The campaign will still be boring, forced and exploit-y at the same time.
The AI will still suck.
There will still be PS2 era cars in GT7.
The menu will still be awful, meh at best.
There will be no consistency in anything, design, premium/normal cars, menu design, multiplayer, whatever.

GT6 sold more than enough to make Kaz and Polyphony think they can't do anything wrong. There is literally no need for them to improve or innovate because people will buy their stuff anyway...

And yes, this sounds nihilistic, but i am a big GT fan - However, i have a very, VERY hard time seeing any real differences between GT2 and GT6 aside from the graphics. What has really changed over all those years? I won't be hyping myself up untill i see the new game in action, including all promised features. Fancy new graphics won't do it anymore.

Who cares about GT7 anymore?? It's all about Project cars, AC, Forza 6 and other racing games.

It will be another crappy GT game like what happened to GT6 and pd might even delay it couple times just like GT5. Along with usual crap.

As much as I would like to see GT7, I lost my interest in it and.......I'll play call of duty or fifa 16 (if it still even exists) instead except not because I'm still a GT fan.

Last edited:
Who cares about GT7 anymore?? It's all about Project cars, AC, Forza 6 and other racing games.

It will be another crappy GT game like what happened to GT6 and pd might even delay it couple times just like GT5. Along with usual crap.

As much as I would like to see GT7, I lost my interest in it and.......I'll play call of duty or fifa 16 (if it still even exists) instead except not because I'm still a GT fan.

So, hate Gran Turismo, because it's Gran Turismo?

GT6 crappy? Not perfect yes, the sounds suck compared to other games, the AI is far from good, etc., but the game is not "crappy" at all if you enjoy what you have instead of begging for more and more...

Honestly, i don't think it'll be that big of a step that people think it will be.

The AI will still suck.
There will be no consistency in anything, design, premium/normal cars, menu design, multiplayer, whatever.

Well, some people think that this will be the Battlefield of the racing/driving games...
Personally, I don't care much about the visual damage, I would rather have the spent in damage moddeling, in the convertion of some Standard cars to Premium... and... I like my cars all clean and with zero scratches lol.

For the menu... it works for me... could be better, could be worst, but I think you are over analising it. The rest that you said, we just have to wait and see, making assumptions of what the game will be or not, makes no sense at all. (and it works for those who criticize and for those who dream about the best game in the world)

GT6 crappy? Not perfect yes, the sounds suck compared to other games, the AI is far from good, etc., but the game is not "crappy" at all if you enjoy what you have instead of begging for more and more...
If the sounds suck and the AI are far from good which means the career sucks, what does GT offer that you can't get from another game as well or better, apart from having the biggest car/track roster, both of which are simply content and not "the game"?

Excuse me?
I think that's a bit degrading

Excuse me?
I think that's a bit degrading
Excuse me? then why you don't talked about those posts yet?

Damage better than what? Compared to what? Time consuming because there will be 1800cars? It's easy because damage is minimal?

lol 2019 confirmed, this guy is pure bs.

If pd and KAz were not so incompetent and phobic they could set a legit deadline and maybe actually make it.

FS7
It's hard to believe anything coming from Kaz:
-he said a PS4 GT game would be coming around 1-2 years after GT6 on PS3,
-he said GT6 would have monthly DLC cars & tracks,
-he promised a course maker with GPS features, he said it was in beta stage 1 year ago, but we still haven't had any actual info on it,
-he talked about FIA partnership but so far there's nothing about it in GT6,
-iirc he answered 1 question from the "Ask Kaz" board.

PD has yet to finish GT6, why should we believe anything Kaz says/promises about GT7?

The AI will still suck.

GT6 sold more than enough to make Kaz and Polyphony think they can't do anything wrong. There is literally no need for them to improve or innovate because people will buy their stuff anyway...

And yes, this sounds nihilistic, but i am a big GT fan - However, i have a very, VERY hard time seeing any real differences between GT2 and GT6 aside from the graphics. What has really changed over all those years? I won't be hyping myself up until i see the new game in action, including all promised features. Fancy new graphics won't do it anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------

O_O.... i didn't mean that......

From what i hear from members on GTPlanet and other places, they just lost interest in GT Series after GT6 especially when these games Released/announced.

This is what most of members started to expect from GT7 or GT Sport as some got disappointed with GT5 (Not me) and then GT6 which most of the guys got disappointed with including me.

I' still looking to what PD will bring to GT6 and GT7 although i started to loss some interest in GT Series....... i'm still a GT fan at the end.

i'm still a GT fan at the end.
Seriously?? The end of what? :P

Well, stepping around the usual GT Planet crapfest from all the "fans" of the series, I think some common sense is in order.

PD was most likely involved in the development of PS4 and its tools, seeing as how SONY was canvasing key first party developers early on. Kaz being the vice-president of SCE makes this practically a given. And knowing how it was going to spec out, PD probably began work on GT7 proper perhaps alongside GT6. I would, shooting for what would be possible on a next gen system which was forthcoming soon. But even if you put the start of work on GT7 after the release of GT6, the end of 2016 would be three years of work developing a game which has a lot of assets built already. It depends on whether they intend something as grand as I envision, in which case, a lot of work still has to be done to get an infrastructure in place to handle every racing league Kaz can get licensed, and cars to fill out a field of however many in race. I expect a lot of cars on track at once, seeing as how P CARS can have up to 50 on PS4!

On top of that, the title says it all: a new GT. He didn't say "GT7." It could well be that the speculated Gran Turismo Sport is a more P CARS-like game, possibly including Superbikes for some Tourist Trophy action, and could come at any time. Quoting our friend in the know, amar212, "Gran Turismo Sport. Interesting." Interesting indeed. :D

Just a week to go...

Seriously?? The end of what? :P

Well, stepping around the usual GT Planet crapfest from all the "fans" of the series, I think some common sense is in order.

PD was most likely involved in the development of PS4 and its tools, seeing as how SONY was canvasing key first party developers early on. Kaz being the vice-president of SCE makes this practically a given. And knowing how it was going to spec out, PD probably began work on GT7 proper perhaps alongside GT6. I would, shooting for what would be possible on a next gen system which was forthcoming soon. But even if you put the start of work on GT7 after the release of GT6, the end of 2016 would be three years of work developing a game which has a lot of assets built already. It depends on whether they intend something as grand as I envision, in which case, a lot of work still has to be done to get an infrastructure in place to handle every racing league Kaz can get licensed, and cars to fill out a field of however many in race. I expect a lot of cars on track at once, seeing as how P CARS can have up to 50 on PS4!

On top of that, the title says it all: a new GT. He didn't say "GT7." It could well be that the speculated Gran Turismo Sport is a more P CARS-like game, possibly including Superbikes for some Tourist Trophy action, and could come at any time. Quoting our friend in the know, amar212, "Gran Turismo Sport. Interesting." Interesting indeed. :D

Just a week to go...
How does a post full of conjecture and pure speculation qualify as common sense?

How does a post full of conjecture and pure speculation qualify as common sense?
Compared to many of this thread's posts? Maybe if I walk you through my points...
  • Kaz and his team involved in development of PS4 and its tools. Unlikely, conjecture, pure speculation, considering that SONY was canvassing key first parties for the design of PS4? Who is more first party than the development team responsible for Playstation's key franchise?
  • Kazunori Yamauchi, vice-president of SONY Computer Entertainment... incorrect?
  • GT6 was in development while PS4 was being finalized... incorrect?
  • amar212 revealed the name "Gran Turismo Sport" on NeoGAF, then it appears again in a webpage of a key SONY distributor in Amar's home country of Croatia. Incorrect?
  • Most of the points raised in this thread are speculative... incorrect? Well, except for the inevitable whinging.
Do you have a problem with my speculation, your honour, especially when I involve things based more on reality than "Oh no one takes him seriously anyhow"? ;)

Back