Permanent Borrow Glitch Trading Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter theotherspongey
  • 2,724 comments
  • 197,600 views
Ok, LISTEN UP GUYS, THIS IS ALL I KNOW AT THE MOMENT AFTER DOING IT 3 TIMES:

1. THE CARS DO WORK AFTER THIS GLITCH
2. YOUR PAINTS WON'T BE REMOVED
3. YOUR PICTURES AND COURSES WILL BE
4. CHROME, AND MATTE (haven't tested shift yet) PAINTED CARS WILL BE OKAY BUT THE THUMBNAILS WILL SHOW WHITE OR SILVER
5. THIS TAKES A LONG TIME

You won't lose your pictures and replays if you export them to save data.
They will then be their own file on the PS3.
You can even back them up to your flash device.

Courses on the other hand, can't help you with that one.
 
Where do I load the patches from? also when do I get in my own car after borrowing? before or after I reload I mean.:S
 
Where do I load the patches from? also when do I get in my own car after borrowing? before or after.:S

After you borrow the car.
Save game.
Exit game.
Delete game data.
Load game.
DO NOT install patches.
Switch to another car.
Save game.
Exit game.
Load game.
Install patches.
Enjoy.
 
Probably too early to ask this question, but i'll give it a shot anyhow...

If you ''borrow'' a car with 0miles 0switches... will the glitched car you obtain show 1 switch when all is said and done?

I'm a bit of a 0/0 nutter:drool:
 
After you borrow the car.
Save game.
Exit game.
Delete game data.
Load game.
DO NOT install patches.
Switch to another car.
Save game.
Exit game.
Load game.
Install patches.
Enjoy.

Thank you sir.👍:) Where I ballsed it up was I never exited twice.>.<
 
How about stealing? Isnt that you'd normally call 'borrowing' things forever..? :sly:

Short enough to work:sly:

the only thing i have is copy-paste:grumpy:
 
Probably too early to ask this question, but i'll give it a shot anyhow...

If you ''borrow'' a car with 0miles 0switches... will the glitched car you obtain show 1 switch when all is said and done?

I'm a bit of a 0/0 nutter:drool:

yes, it will show 1/0
 
After you borrow the car.
Save game.
Exit game.
Delete game data.
Load game.
DO NOT install patches.
Switch to another car.
Save game.
Exit game.
Load game.
Install patches.
Enjoy.
VERY well said, my friend.
👍 👍 👍
 
Probably too early to ask this question, but i'll give it a shot anyhow...

If you ''borrow'' a car with 0miles 0switches... will the glitched car you obtain show 1 switch when all is said and done?

I'm a bit of a 0/0 nutter:drool:

My X1 had 22 switches I think. Maybe you could ask one of the people who borrowed it if it has 23, unless they've already started using it.
 
I just completed my first time doing it, loaded up the game. Received quite a surprise in my car delivery truck...
Mercedes Benz 190 E2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Mercedes Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98



60 golds and you don't have it?
I have the one from the 60 golds. Not the one from the GT Academy.
This doesn't work though for that car, you can't borrow the car.
 
You won't lose your pictures and replays if you export them to save data.
They will then be their own file on the PS3.
You can even back them up to your flash device.

Courses on the other hand, can't help you with that one.

edited
 
I just completed my first time doing it, loaded up the game. Received quite a surprise in my car delivery truck...
Mercedes Benz 190 E2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Mercedes Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98

How many switches on the X1?
 
I just completed my first time doing it, loaded up the game. Received quite a surprise in my car delivery truck...
Mercedes Benz 190 E2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Mercedes Benz CLK-LM Race Car '98




I have the one from the 60 golds. Not the one from the GT Academy.
This doesn't work though for that car, you can't borrow the car.

wha.. how? :dunce:
I did it, but I didn't get any pleasant surprises :indiff:
 
How many switches on the X1?

23 Switches. So this will not work for any 0/0 cars.
Before I did this I made sure to check it and it was at 22.
 
This process needs a nickname. Now.

snip

i vote we call it ''Sponging'' after the creator of the glitch.

Like sponging or mooching off a friend.

I sponged my X2010 off slower than bob...
 
wha.. how? :dunce:
I did it, but I didn't get any pleasant surprises :indiff:

I'm guessing because I already had the AMG Academy golded, maybe it is a side effect to this glitch.
 
slower than bob
i vote we call it ''Sponging'' after the creator of the glitch.

Like sponging or mooching off a friend.

I sponged my X2010 off slower than bob...

:p
 
i vote we call it ''Sponging'' after the creator of the glitch.

Like sponging or mooching off a friend.

I sponged my X2010 off slower than bob...

:lol:

The GT5 Sponge Glitch!
 
Great find!

Now I can finally get the rare cars i want from UCD that won't show up for another 1000 game days. Thanks! :D
 
My thumbnails of certain cars are either invisible or totally different colors! I wouldn't recommend this at all...just save up for your car. My garage is screwed up now:ouch:


highlight car, hit triangle, create thumbnail. overdramatic crisis averted

I have 2 accounts i'll be willing to set up some cars onto if folk are interested. i have likes ov the Carbon X1 and S.Vettel X1 as well at the 20mill ferrari and jaguar race cars and will be getting a miura shortly.
I'll try get a proper list of high value cars and it'll take me a short while to transfer all car over to both accounts but i'm willing to leave a fixed set of cars up for a day or two to help thin out the demand
 
I deleted the game file, not save file, a few weeks back and here is what you may want to warn people.

You will lose your DLC. I lost the SLS Stealth and rhe Edge Camaro.

You will lose a lot of the thumbnail for the cars. Any easy fix if you have a small garage but when you have 1300 cars like me, not so much.

You will lose all photos, videos, saved times on tracks.


I deleted the game file hoping it would speed up loading but with as much as I have collected, all gear, 1300 cars, 2500 paints and more, it didn't help.
 
BryCivicSi
I deleted the game file, not save file, a few weeks back and here is what you may want to warn people. First, you will lose your DLC. I lost the SLS Stealth and rhe Edge Camaro. You will lose a lot of the thumbnail for the cars. Any easy fix if you have a small garage but when you have 1300 cars like me, not so much. You will lose all photos, videos, saved times on tracks.

This has been said hundreds of times already...
 
yes, it will show 1/0

thanks for that bro!

i guess i won't bother sponging after all... i'm just too obsessed with 0/0!

My only hope for an X2010 Proto 0/0, is that KAz has a change of heart!!
 
It makes me laugh to what lenghts will people travel for some virtual items they can't earn.
Sad, so sad.
So, you get your cars - does that make you feel happy in real life? More fulfilled?
Just wow.
 
Imagine Kaz checking out the forums at a coincidental time like this
 
Back