Permanet Borrow Glitch 2.0 - It´s working!

maybe the limit for the gamesave size is a little higher. I forgot to notate the exact size of my glitched file. It was 4000 something. I will keep the 4165kb limit in the OP until we have a better value. better too low than too high, that´s safer for everyone who wants to test it!

Anybody online who can add my PSN AAA-Ticket and put the X2010 Proto online for a moment. My borrow contact is not online atm. (I hate timezones!!!).

I`m sitting in it. :lol:

"Same procedure as every year day, James!"
Quote from: Dinner for One

Exact file sizes before sponging: PS3=697kb - USB=720kb

to be edited in about... 2 or 3 hours :lol:

Last edited:
Hmm, wasn't there an issue early on concerning the size of the game save, where it got corrupted once it hit... Edit: 4165KB. Yes, there was! [Source]

I guess that means that if your game save is larger than 4165KB (mine is!), this glitch won't work for you.

Now the bugged game strike back. :lol:

I thought I could get my full X2010 collection back with "sponging", but I am ways over 5800kb.

Looks like for some spong'ers the end is near. I hope you guys have a backup of your savegame. :scared:

Anybody online who can add my PSN AAA-Ticket and put the X2010 Proto online for a moment. My borrow contact is not online atm. (I hate timezones!!!).

I`m sitting in it. :lol:

"Same procedure as every year day, James!"
Quote from: Dinner for One

Exact file sizes before sponging: PS3=697kb - USB=720kb

to be edited in about... 2 or 3 hours :lol:

AAA-Ticket is proud owner of a permanent borrowed X2010 Prototype :lol: - it worked - finally. So the file size IS the problem.

File sizes same as before.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me a step by step procedure for the borrowing glitch. By the way, I only have 1 PS3. ( I don't care if I lose pics, replays or custom courses). BUT, I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY DLC CARS!!!!!!

Can someone please explain to me a step by step procedure for the borrowing glitch. By the way, I only have 1 PS3. ( I don't care if I lose pics, replays or custom courses). BUT, I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY DLC CARS!!!!!!

just use the link in the OP. ;)

there you find the original glitch for 1 PS3 including instructions and Q&A.

@Duck

:lol:

Here is my 2 PS3 Borrow Glitch Experience:

1. Borrow Car I want on PS3 #1
2. Quit game
3. Copy Save game on USB drive
4. Copy Save game files on UCB drive to PC (not necessary, I'm just neurotic)
5. Turn off internet on PS3 #1
6. Turn off internet on PS3 #2
7. Delete previous Save game on PS3 #2
8. Copy Save game from PS3 #1 to PS3 #2
9. Delete GT5 Game Data on PS3 #2 (took ~7 minutes)
10. Run GT5 from disc on PS3 #2
11. Switch from car I am glitching to random other car in garage
12. Save game to HD of PS3 #2 then exit game
13. Check Save game on PS3 #2 to make sure I am in changed car
14. Enable internet on PS3 #2
15. Run GT5 on PS3 #2, download updates (takes ~ 1h 40min)
16. Check to see that the glitch worked
17. Copy Save game to USB drive
18. Turn off PS3 #2
19. Copy save game from USB drive to PS3 #1
20. Run GT5 on PS3 #1 to make sure glitch worked!

Result - Definitely worked!! Obtained a X2010 Prototype. I did lose some thumbnails, which to me isn't a big deal because it actually makes the save file smaller. I Did Not lose any tickets, items, museum cards or anything else aside from the thumbnails. On the plus side, the colors of the cars in the OCD are different, which allowed me to snag a FGT in a color that I did not previously have.

The downside is that this is a lot of work (2-3 hours), and for those sticklers out there, it is impossible to get a 0/0 car this way because you have to switch out of the car for the glitch to work. Fortunately there aren't many cars I'm looking for, so I may use this one or two more times to pick up the elusive Nardo and maybe some other cars in rare colors.

Sorry for the dissertation, I tried to be as thorough as possible because it seems as though many people are struggling with getting this to work. Thanks to everyone who has taken time to figure out and explain this glitch. I hope my contribution helped!

Just a little added bonus I just realized, when I copied my new saved game to my main PS3, it reset all my DLC (Chrome Line, Camaro Edge) to 0/0. Just another little perk I thought I would include.

What, seriously? :crazy:

That sucks. I thought the backup option was part of the firmware update.

Again: if you have a external USB HDD, make a full backup & restore. It should be faster as redownloading all updates. 👍

If you cant save to the usb drive after doing the glitch without updating the game again, wouldn't a full restore return you to the point before you did the glitch, causing you to lose the car you just sponged?

I did the 2-ps3 method, works perfectly. Doesnt help with 0/0 cars, doing the glitch counts as a switch :indiff:

P.S. Upon entering the game again after doing everything, I noticed 3 tickets appeared in delivery for the mercedes 190 E 2.5 16 Evolution II. Not that I'm complaining, but what is that all about? I sponged 3 cars, and got 3 tickets!! None of the cars I sponged was the mercedes, and I didn't even have a ticket for that before doing the glitch.

Last edited:
This is how i do it saves me the hassle of downloading all the updates over and over.

1st PS3 Borrow car, save data, exit to xmb
2nd Copy game save data to usb flashdrive
3rd Copy game data to 2nd PS3
4th Delete game data utility on 2nd PS3
5th On 2nd PS3 start gt5 and get out of the borrowed car into standard car,save and exit.
6th Start up gt5 download update and after 1st update is downloaded and installed. Cancel once it starts downloading the 2nd update in line.
7th Start up gt5 again push circle to cancel update. Once you get the the start screen of gt5 dont go into gtmode. Just click on the red button to save the game data again. Then exit back to xmb now you can copy the game save back to flashdrive. There is no need to do all 8 updates just the first one because version 1.0 of the game dont allow copying to flashdrive. And when you went in to switch out the borrowed car your game save data is now saved as version 1.0. Once your able to copy gamesave to flashdrive just copy it to your main ps3 and do the process of borrowing another car.
Theres no need to update second ps3 to get online in order to copy the game save back to flashdrvie. The reason we update fully in the beginning was using only 1 ps3 you had no choice. But with 2 ps3 just need to only update to version 1.06 to unlock the game save from 1.0. Hope this helps and i have over 150 X2010s that i dupe from my other accounts trust me this works.

This is how i do it saves me the hassle of downloading all the updates over and over.

1st PS3 Borrow car, save data, exit to xmb
2nd Copy game save data to usb flashdrive
3rd Copy game data to 2nd PS3
4th Delete game data utility on 2nd PS3
5th On 2nd PS3 start gt5 and get out of the borrowed car into standard car,save and exit.
6th Start up gt5 download update and after 1st update is downloaded and installed. Cancel once it starts downloading the 2nd update in line.
7th Start up gt5 again push circle to cancel update. Once you get the the start screen of gt5 dont go into gtmode. Just click on the red button to save the game data again. Then exit back to xmb now you can copy the game save back to flashdrive. There is no need to do all 8 updates just the first one because version 1.0 of the game dont allow copying to flashdrive. And when you went in to switch out the borrowed car your game save data is now saved as version 1.0. Once your able to copy gamesave to flashdrive just copy it to your main ps3 and do the process of borrowing another car.
Theres no need to update second ps3 to get online in order to copy the game save back to flashdrvie. The reason we update fully in the beginning was using only 1 ps3 you had no choice. But with 2 ps3 just need to only update to version 1.06 to unlock the game save from 1.0. Hope this helps and i have over 150 X2010s that i dupe from my other accounts trust me this works.

that´s a good find. I will add it to the OP. 👍

Why are you wasting time updating to 1.10 when all you have to do is update to 1.06 the 608mb one. If you guys are that lost i'll capture with my hdpvr and post on youtube and show you all that your wasting time downloading unnessasary updates. I'll have it posted in a few hours

I think this is the solution to your problem! ;)

1.06 is the patch that unlocks the game save data
If you wanna know if your gamesave is lockd after delete data and started up gt5 to switch out the borrowed car. After you do your save and exit back to xmb just go in the game save data folder and look at the information about your gamesaved i will say locked

I figured that out with the first post that was directed at me, but thatnks for re-informing me on common knowledge.

Guys i just figiured out how to do this even faster no need to download any updates. Just keep one ps3 at version 1.05.
1:Borrow the car on your main ps3 save and exit
2:Copy game save to flashdrive
3: On secone ps3 make sure its running version 1.05 If not delete the game data and do the updates after it finish downloading and installing the first update canel and go check your game data utility folder to see if its 1.05
4. Copy your game data to second ps3 start up gt5 you will see your borrowe car is not even red no more switch oiut the car save and exit
5: copy the game data back to flash drive and copy to your first ps3 your done
If your already at version 1.05 on second ps3 takes less than 5 mins for the whole process

Oh, what a time saver a second PS3 is with this borrow glitch thing... Did as RSKS240 says, did only the first update on my second PS3, now can repeatedly glitch save any borrowed car in about 5 minutes. Woo whooo.... Got me most of the old fast racers now, a few others, and will be out looking for more 'untradeable' cars soon

Oh, and by the way... before I found this thread, I started doing the PSN+ saves... the only problem with that method is, you can only do one every 24 hours, due to the download restrictions they have. Using only the first patch, and being able to save to USB without all the other hassles is a way more practical solution.

Now, I just need to get as many cars as I can, so I can fully patch my second PS3 to do some B-Spec grinding 24 hours a day... :) But then with the glitch saves, I probably won't be needing all the credits anyway.

Thanks to all of you who worked on figuring this stuff out, it's been a big help to me.

Has anybody tested Borrow Glitch with the latest updates in GT5 ?

It seems not working...In a PS3 with 1.05 version GT5, when I load the save of the 2.09, the game stuck In MY HOME screen...

Last edited:
Borrow Glitch still works in 2.09 !

How You Do It..

1. On your main PS3 you borrow a car from a friend's Online cars.

2. You exit the game and save the savegame to USB.

3. Copy the USB savegame to your account in a second offline PS3 in 1.05 condition (You must have installed already the same account as in main PS3)

4. Start the game and stay in the Main Screen before the GT Mode screen (if you didn't set background color/picture as the first one). Save the game with red button and exit.

5. Overwrite the gamesave to USB.

6. Overwrite the USB's savegame to your main PS3.

7. Start the game, DLC cars should be added automatically to your garage. You are already IN the borrowed car and the car is yours.

For a second car, just start over again.

The second PS3 comes in 1.05 condition with this way...You install the game and the system ask to come in 2.09. You agree and the system start download the first patch (608 MB). After download and install this patch, it will start download the second. You cancel and exit. You switch to Offline Mode and the PS3 is ready for glitch.

Last edited:
An awful lot of trouble to thru to just to get an untradable car. And when you start buying a second PS3 just for this glitch....you're in deep, lol.

Back