Personal Nurburgring lap in a 2010 Mustang GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Widowmaker00
  • 40 comments
  • 6,109 views
Messages
120
I don't post much on the forum but I'm here everyday. This doesn't really have much to do with GT5 other than its Nurburgring. I just did my 3rd lap yesterday and thought ya'll would dig it.


 
Last edited:
Nice! I wish I had a real car and the money to take it to Nurb:(

Anyway, I think it would be better posted in the "Cars in General" section of this forum;)
 
At first I was going to ask why you bought a mustang.... then I heard it.

Did you guys ship your car over? If so, how much did it cost?
 
My left index finger twitched to look back at where that GT3 was, anyone else :lol:. Awesome video 👍
 
I'm in the military and I'm stationed in Germany. I actually bought the car from a dealership here on post. The military will ship it back to the states for me for free when the time comes. It usually cost between $1000-1500 depending on the size of the car if your a civilian.


On a side note, there were cars all over the place with GT5 stickers plastered all over them.

IMG_1034.jpg
 
I'm in the military and I'm stationed in Germany. I actually bought the car from a dealership here on post. The military will ship it back to the states for me for free when the time comes. It usually cost between $1000-1500 depending on the size of the car if your a civilian.


On a side note, there were cars all over the place with GT5 stickers plastered all over them.

IMG_1034.jpg

Awesome! can you ship any cars? even if they dont offer some of the models in the states?
 
No they will only ship U.S. Spec cars, or ones that have been converted. Trust me I looked into this already, Skylines are everywhere over here for cheap.
 
Lap times on the track are measured from the Blisten sign to the Audi sign, on the ends of the straight.


So according to that, my lap was around 10:04....which I don't think is bad considering the amount of traffic on the track and the fact that i've only got a few laps under my belt.
 
I don't post much on the forum but I'm here everyday. This doesn't really have much to do with GT5 other than its Nurburgring. I just did my 3rd lap yesterday and thought ya'll would dig it.




hahaa a Mustang with more than 300 bhp didnt catch a 206 RC 177 bhp the blue one ?? :) yaa mustangs = lot of power but tooo much weight. the RC 1200 kg... and awesome handling ! ! ! goo 206 goooo
 
I'm 99% sure a better driver than me could have caught it no problem.

But you are right the car weighs alot and tends to plow into the corners.
 
hahaa a Mustang with more than 300 bhp didnt catch a 206 RC 177 bhp the blue one ?? :) yaa mustangs = lot of power but tooo much weight. the RC 1200 kg... and awesome handling ! ! ! goo 206 goooo

How about you get your Clio Gordini on the 'Ring and tape your lap for us to see and comment?
 
hahaa a Mustang with more than 300 bhp didnt catch a 206 RC 177 bhp the blue one ?? :) yaa mustangs = lot of power but tooo much weight. the RC 1200 kg... and awesome handling ! ! ! goo 206 goooo

His third lap? In real life the walls arnt very bouncy. I very much doubt the 206 was standard anyhow. Look how it went after the mini which was what, supercharged?

I enjoyed watching your video, car sounds really mean 👍


I dont think I would *ever* put a GT5 sticker on my car, looks a bit.. cockish tbh
 
Awesome! Congrates bro. I hope one day I can exp Nurburgring too.
 
JEALOUS.
Just wow, I'll have to do that.
 
I dont think I would *ever* put a GT5 sticker on my car, looks a bit.. cockish tbh

Yeah, I was glad that wasn't the OPs car. If you aren't being sponsored by someone, those big sitckers just make you look like a tool.

Nice video, though a mod should probably move it to a more appropriate forum. What sort of camera/setup did you use for this? I'm looking for something to record my autox runs.
 
Yeah, I was glad that wasn't the OPs car. If you aren't being sponsored by someone, those big sitckers just make you look like a tool.

Nice video, though a mod should probably move it to a more appropriate forum. What sort of camera/setup did you use for this? I'm looking for something to record my autox runs.

My buddy was just holding his cheapo digital camera as we went around the track lol
 
thought videoing was banned on the 'ring
 
really nice video. The Mustang seems to be very slippy and aggressive.

Don´t care about to get passed by a Peugeot or Mini. Your car is much heavier and rear driven, those Minis and 206s are like gokarts.
 
That Mustang sounds amazing, though i'm not a fan of the way the modern ones look, they sure do sound good.
 
Congratulation! Some day I'll drive on the Nurburgring, I've already told my wife that if we take a vacation to Europe we're stopping there. Unfortunately I won't have my own car to try to wreck, but I'm sure I can find something to beat on around the track.

Nice seeing an everyday American car with a non-professional driver going around for fun. Usually you only see supercar time attacks, which is not a very realistic way to drive around it in real life.
 
thought videoing was banned on the 'ring

Why would it be? Most places I've been require that the camera is mounted to something so you don't have an extra projectile in the event of a crash, but I don't see why you couldn't record a lap. It's not like the ring is a secret or anything.
 
Why would it be? Most places I've been require that the camera is mounted to something so you don't have an extra projectile in the event of a crash, but I don't see why you couldn't record a lap. It's not like the ring is a secret or anything.

Video was banned for quite a while. Probably for safety reasons or maybe someone put video of a bad crash online.

The ban was recently lifted though apparently and you can have a camera as long as its mounted in the car, you can even rent mounts. My buddy's little camera can't be mounted so he just held it. The rules regarding camera use don't seem to be enforced that much.
 
Congratulation! Some day I'll drive on the Nurburgring, I've already told my wife that if we take a vacation to Europe we're stopping there. Unfortunately I won't have my own car to try to wreck, but I'm sure I can find something to beat on around the track.

Nice seeing an everyday American car with a non-professional driver going around for fun. Usually you only see supercar time attacks, which is not a very realistic way to drive around it in real life.



You can rent little race cars right there at the track. Not sure on the prices. They have little Suzuki's and VW's with roll cages in them.
 
big regret that when I was stationed in Germany I didnt go to the Nurburgring. I had a couple of chances just never made the time. Was going to take my 96 Dodge Caravan V6 so I could be the only one with a lap time for a minivan on the ring. One of the docs at the hospital I worked at took his brand new 97 Pontiac Bonneville SE and rolled it, totalled and not covered by the insurance... :scared:
 
that squealing from your tires was a bad squeal. You'll learn in driving school there are different tones/pitches for tires when you're on the edge verses losing control.
 
Back