Personality test

• Thread starter Techy
  • 159 comments
Not much of a surprise.

intp_zpsrzpvxlkh.jpg

I got INFJ-A.
Whilst I agreed with around 60%-70% of what it said, the remaining 30% I found to be rather inaccurate. For one, it says I have little patience. I disagree; I think I have a lot of patience!

I got INFJ-A.
Whilst I agreed with around 60%-70% of what it said, the remaining 30% I found to be rather inaccurate. For one, it says I have little patience. I disagree; I think I have a lot of patience!
No, you don't have any patience. You were very eager to post the results instead of waiting a few weeks. :P
Unless you took the test a very looooong time ago.

:D

No, you don't have any patience. You were very eager to post the results instead of waiting a few weeks. :P
Unless you took the test a very looooong time ago.

:D

Oddly enough I wasn't eager. I took the test out of curiosity and posted only because that's what led me to the test in the first place. It also said I feel through things more than think, but that isn't right either. It was right that I was introverted though!

I took the test a couple of days back and was surprised it agreed with what RL folks say about me.
Personalities, however, are fluid - depending on circumstances - and dynamic as the years go on. We learn and change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, as life continually affects us. A 'personality' or social genotype can grow stronger in some areas and weaker in others.
Keep in mind, though, that age matters a lot - when younger, people tend to show vast differences in their outlook as they mature, but when much older - 40s - 60s - they tend to settle down in some persona - being either bigot or statesman, asshat or saint, and some have to carve special places on Earth to foster and keep their personalities alive. Or are run out of town or disregarded by the social groups that make up the majority of mankind.
Do some people never change?
Everyone does - they don't remain as infantile as when they were born - but some people are slow to change, maybe slow to be exposed to varied cultures, or have had less than secure childhoods, and all these can affect a person.
Should everyone be the same? Is there a personality 'better' than others?
I would disagree with that.
We need defenders, logicians, architects, soldiers, builders and destroyers, singers and storytellers - it is our diversity that is our strength and which gives power to our combined output as humanity.

Looking through the thread - it seems like we got a good team going here at GTPlanet. :)

:cheers:

This is the fifth time I take this test, with different strategies each time, and the result is always the same:

INTP (assertive)
Role - analyst
Strategy - confident individualism

I'm a LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-A)

85% Introvert
72% Observant
77% Thinking
60% Judging
75% Assertive

Wouldn't disagree with this at all.

Advocate.

Yep. It's me.

So, I decided to take the test again to see if I could get the same result.

Turns out I got "Defender" this time :eek:

I know I'm not the same person I was back then, so it kinda makes sense the result was different.

So, I decided to take the test again to see if I could get the same result.

Turns out I got "Defender" this time :eek:

I know I'm not the same person I was back then, so it kinda makes sense the result was different.

Seems kind of on the same lines - I would think a 'Defender' is more or less a sort of 'Advocate', no? With a tweak in personality.

It's quite interesting to take the test after a year has passed.

Back