PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
20K :ouch: Ahhhh, he can afford it, that's chump change for Bubba :lol:.

I think this years Masters will be very interesting. As much as I'd like to see Lefty win, guys like Tiger, Snedeker, Bubba, Kuchar are also some hands on favorites to win.

How about some outside shots at winning the coveted Green Jacket ?

Furyk ? Cink ? Choi ? Rose ? Harrington ? Els ? Singh ? Any stabs at an outsider walking away with a Masters Title under their belt ? Could be.

That Aussie marc Lieshart who finish his first round at -6 could be in with a shot or two :lol: who is this guy?

phil and bubba at +2? wow,

Last edited:
TDZdave
That Aussie marc Lieshart who finish his first round at -6 could be in with a shot or two :lol: who is this guy?

Sergio is playing excellent golf. Dustin Johnson (who's wearing the same shirt ironically) is playing well too. I'm starting to think Matt kuchar is going to win.

I've no clue who Marc Leishman is :dopey:. Can't say I've heard of him before. If I did, it was in one ear and out the other. Good luck to him though.

(p*r*e*s*s*u*r*e*), can he hold it off, or will he choke ?

Lefty finished up @ -1 and Bubba came in at +3 for the 1st round.

Sergio is playing excellent golf. Dustin Johnson (who's wearing the same shirt ironically) is playing well too. I'm starting to think Matt kuchar is going to win.

Sergio is off to a good start, nicely done. Kuchar is up there, he has a shot at it. Lets see what tomorrow and Saturday bring forth.

Leaderboard after round 1

There are some good names towards the top, in the middle, at the bottom :lol:. It's pretty scattered. Good luck to all in round #2.

I'm expecting a 68 or below from phil tomorrow. Something tells me that all the rain blowing through tomorrow will make the course soft enough that phil is going to get in the zone.

Indeed, Phil and some of the other boys need to step it up and get into the zone.

The round 1 leaderboard is crazy.

Indeed, Phil and some of the other boys need to step it up and get into the zone.

The round 1 leaderboard is crazy.

I just rescanned the leaderboard, and you're right. There is no sense in it. A 14 year old is 2 ahead of last year's winner for goodness sakes! :lol:

Sanji Himura
Chinese golfer Tianlang Guan made history and made the cut despite being cited for slow play again today.

At first thought on the penalty, I was thinking "it's a teenager for Pete's sake." Now I think if he is going to play with the best, he needs to be held to the same standards.

At first thought on the penalty, I was thinking "it's a teenager for Pete's sake." Now I think if he is going to play with the best, he needs to be held to the same standards.

Well at least he understood and respected the decision.

Stavingo
Well at least he understood and respected the decision.

Yea. Apparently he had been on the clock for a while and he had taken too long a couple of times before he was penalized to begin with.

That's where you are wrong friend. Tiger's group started today's round at 1:41pm. When did they finish? 7:24pm, 5 hours and 23 minutes later. I think that Augusta has some explaining to do to penalize a player, well let's face it, is an eighth grader in China, when someone like Tiger, someone who knows better, gets a free pass in slow play?

Sanji Himura
That's where you are wrong friend. Tiger's group started today's round at 1:41pm. When did they finish? 7:24pm, 5 hours and 23 minutes later. I think that Augusta has some explaining to do to penalize a player, well let's face it, is an eighth grader in China, when someone like Tiger, someone who knows better, gets a free pass in slow play?

It's not necessarily how slow a group plays as it is how slow one individual plays. Tiger's group was all playing slower collectively, but tianlang was taking 50 seconds after he was put on the clock. Kevin Na is faster than that. It does seem harsh, and I earned a ton of respect for tianlang for the way he handled the situation. He is definitely older than 14 mentally. The game needs players like him. :)

If it was anyone else apart from the world No 1, they would be on their way home. Cheetah Woods strikes again.

I agree each side here, But Tiguan is probably terrified as all hell playing in the number 1 championship in the world of golf,

If it was anyone else apart from the world No 1, they would be on their way home. Cheetah Woods strikes again.

Not necessarily. Here is the USGA rules regarding water hazards:

26-1. Relief For Ball In Water Hazard

It is a question of fact whether a ball that has not been found after having been struck toward a water hazard is in the hazard. In the absence of knowledge or virtual certainty that a ball struck toward a water hazard, but not found, is in the hazard, the player must proceed under Rule 27-1.

If a ball is found in a water hazard or if it is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found is in the water hazard (whether the ball lies in water or not), the player may under penalty of one stroke:

a. Proceed under the stroke and distance provision of Rule 27-1 by playing a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (see Rule 20-5); or

b. Drop a ball behind the water hazard, keeping the point at which the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind the water hazard the ball may be dropped; or

c. As additional options available only if the ball last crossed the margin of a lateral water hazard, drop a ball outside the water hazard within two club-lengths of and not nearer the hole than (i) the point where the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard or (ii) a point on the opposite margin of the water hazard equidistant from the hole.

When proceeding under this Rule, the player may lift and clean his ball or substitute a ball.

Now what did Tiger do? Tiger hit the ball toward a water hazard on 15, creating a divot in the process. It is at that point where Tiger had three options as to how to proceed. He could, and he tried to do at 15, was make a drop as closely as possible to the original spot. Problem, the original spot was clearly defined by the divot, at least a yard ahead of where he dropped the ball.

That is called improving your lie, and that is a violation of rule 20-3, a two stroke penalty. This caused Tiger to incorrectly score the hole, a normal DQ in itself, but the Masters committee was satisfied under rule 33-7, to waive rule 6-6d(disqualification), and give Tiger a two stroke penalty.

Hope that clears up, and educates you on what drove the decision today.

Jason Day is hauling ass and his calmness through the whole day has been scary. Hopefully an Aussie can grab the green jacket :)

EDIT: Come on Scotty!!!

Last edited:
Woooooo!!! Epic putts on the 18th and the 2nd hole of the playoff. Thought Cabrera had chipped in on the frist playoff hole though

Not necessarily. Here is the USGA rules regarding water hazards:

Now what did Tiger do? Tiger hit the ball toward a water hazard on 15, creating a divot in the process. It is at that point where Tiger had three options as to how to proceed. He could, and he tried to do at 15, was make a drop as closely as possible to the original spot. Problem, the original spot was clearly defined by the divot, at least a yard ahead of where he dropped the ball.

That is called improving your lie, and that is a violation of rule 20-3, a two stroke penalty. This caused Tiger to incorrectly score the hole, a normal DQ in itself, but the Masters committee was satisfied under rule 33-7, to waive rule 6-6d(disqualification), and give Tiger a two stroke penalty.

Hope that clears up, and educates you on what drove the decision today.

Its because of loop holes like this that could eventually kill golf, not the rule itself but,

What should have been a DQ, was over ruled by a committee, only because Tiger is what the crowd wants, F1 did the same in the '90s with Schumacher, NASCAR also overlooked Jeff Gordon's illegal Jurassic Park sponsored talladega car, because of the name, We've also seen the hand of god by Maradonna, All overlooked because of the people at play, all this from outside points of view just bring the sports into disrepute, stupid really,

Good on Scotty, bout fricking time!

Back