PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
Merion East is holding the U.S. Open this year. I'm liking Matt Kuchar as he is playing very well as of late.

Hopefully has some historic bearing to its layout, older courses tend to favour either the big hitters or the deadly accurate, usually the deadly accurate because the trees are 100 years taller! :lol:

Getting some of the weather down under are we? :lol:

The weather has been shocking here the past few days, then again what do you expect from winter.

EDIT: Congrats on Rose winning the US Open, well deserved.

Last edited:
JqLMcco.jpg

Wiz

Hell yeah !!!!!
Congrats Phil. :cheers:

For Phil, this marks his 1st ever Open Championship and his 5th Major Championship.

Round 1 - 2 under
Round 2 - 3 over
Round 3 - 1 over

Heading into round 4, Phil is off the pace, but picked it up.

Round 4 : front 9 (-2)
Holes 1-4 (par)
Hole 5 (birdie)
Holes 6-8 (par)
Hole 9 (birdie)

Round 4 : back 9 (-3)
Hole 10 (bogie)
Holes 11-12 (par)
Hole 13 (birdie)
Hole 14 (birdie)
Hole 15-16 (par)
Hole 17 (birdie)
Hole 18 (birdie)

Nice strong finish Phil. 👍

Just a side note ... Mickelson was the ONLY player in this tournament to finish under par @ -3. 2nd place Henrick Stenson finished up at even par.

The full and final leaderboard

As a Brit, I really wanted Westy to win... but great to see Phil win it with a fantastic round of golf... such a nice guy and well deserved 👍

Nicksfix
Did not see it, but heard about it .... yeah, nice round for sure. He was flirting with that elusive and rare 59.

Anyways, congrats goes out to Tiger after demolishing the Field at Firestone Country Club, Akron, Ohio.

The final tally for the WGC.

There was at least one or two golfers who shot a 59 on the web.com tour recently.

In my golf news, I bought a brand new cobra amp 3-hybrid that I really like. It's my 220 yard club now.

There was at least one or two golfers who shot a 59 on the web.com tour recently.

In my golf news, I bought a brand new cobra amp 3-hybrid that I really like. It's my 220 yard club now.

Congrats to them on that "little but yet big" number. Awesome. 👍
59 ...... hmmmm, I'd just love to break into the 60's and these guys are flirting with 59. Guess I need some work, huh ? :dopey:

Congrats on the new club ... enjoy. 👍

Nicksfix
Congrats on the new club ... enjoy. 👍

I used it on #16 at my local club for the first time. It's a 220 yard par 3. I hit it to 2 feet and tapped in the birdie :)

Good on Dufner... well played.

Me... about to get some new clubs... I've made the decision.

Trialled an R1 yesterday, boy when I put a good swing on it... wow. Yip might take one of those, in black.

I'm not one for 3 woods, they love to hate me, so I'll continue to get a 2 rescue/hybrid, most likely will get the Rocketbladez Tours Hybrids 2 (16.5*), 3 (18.5*) and 4 (21.5*). The bonus is they can be hit off more surfaces.

The 2 I'll adjust to 15* to replace my Dual Rescue 16* this will be my '3 wood'. The 18.5* I'll set to 19* to replace 19* Dual Rescue. I'll have to play around with the 21.5* to see what it's purpose will play (for rough?) or distance I need it to hit. Just a pity there is no black option :(

My irons are currently Taylormade LT2's brought new in early 2006. Full set 3---SW however, my proposed new irons Rocketbladez Tours I'll get from 5---9. The Rocketbladez 5 iron is only one degree weaker than my LT2 4 iron (25 vs 24). The 9 irons are comparable at 42 vs 43 (for LT2).

Wedges, I've always wanted Vokey so I'll get a 48*, 52*, 56* and 60* in Oil Can colour.

So I guess that be NZL$3000, however a bag will be thrown in...

On the topic of clubs, considering getting a set of Titleist AP2 from 3-PW and then buying another CG wedge to be a 56.

Had a hit of them before, heavier then my R5 irons but they feel really good to hit.

I'm also looking to get a different set of irons. My king cobra oversize tour irons are really worn out. I've gotten some good use out of them, but I think my game needs a mental boost by buying a new iron set. Any suggestions? New or used is ok with me

If you're going for Ping I'd suggest you wait till they release the i25s at the end of the year, tossing up between them and the AP2.

Not sure about the other brands but I'm sure they'll be good quality clubs.

I was thinking mizuno as another possiblity. Anyone have a set?

I don't, but I've a friend who plays Mizuno's. He loves them. I've hit them, they were not all that bad of a club, and they are reasonably priced. I'm trying to remember what model of Mizuno's he has, thinking they may be MP-64's, don't hold me to it though.

Hey, if they are good enough for LPGA Champ Stacy Lewis and PGA Tour Pro Luke Donald to use them, then they must be good ..... huh ? ;)

I've been slacking this year, I've only made it out a handful of times ... just don't have the time it seems. I do need to get out there and brush up, I've got a scramble coming up in 3 weeks that I've got to play in.

Back