PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
With my irons I used to have a bad slice, but I adjusted my grip so my left hand is rotated slightly more to the right and it seems to have reduced the slice a considerable amount. Haven't tried this with the driver yet which is the club im getting on worst with.
Just a quick question, I have a driver wich is probably worth 20-30 pounds new, can a driver that is worth 150+ pounds really make any difference accuracy-wise?

When you adjust your hand like that, making a stronger grip tends to stop people slicing the ball, don't give it too much or you'll start to hook it.

As for the driver, it totally depends on what brand or product you are looking at.

When you adjust your hand like that, making a stronger grip tends to stop people slicing the ball, don't give it too much or you'll start to hook it.
As for the driver, it totally depends on what brand or product you are looking at.
Looking at these drivers: Taylormade burner superfast
ping k15 or g20
Cobra s3 or ZL
Thats 5 drivers already that i'm keen on, but we'll see how I get along with them.

Looking at these drivers: Taylormade burner superfast
ping k15 or g20
Cobra s3 or ZL
Thats 5 drivers already that i'm keen on, but we'll see how I get along with them.

My friend has a Burner Superfast with his new R9 set, as soon as he started using it he defos got 20+ metres on his drives and casually hits a nice draw with it.

Got the new irons today, I've been out and hit a few balls with the seven but I'm pulling them low and to the right, I put it down to my thumb on my right hand been injured. They do look nice.

6008887635_064f861719_z.jpg

6008888953_724f7fe217_z.jpg

I want Tiger to be good at golf again. Golf was so much better when it was everyone versus him and he'd go out there and just kill it.

I want Tiger to be good at golf again. Golf was so much better when it was everyone versus him and he'd go out there and just kill it.

He finished -2 today at bridgstone invitational, so I believe he is tied 13th, with leader Adam scott at -8 at the time of writing.
I wish I was interested in golf when tiger was at his prime, i,ve only got into golf about 8 months ago. Seems I have missed the prime of the ex-worlds best golfer.:(

He'll come back, don't worry. He's still got decades of quality golf left in him. But yea, it used to be that on ESPN and other sports shows the analysts would be like, "well, the US Open is this weekend, who do ya got? Tiger or the field?" Because Mickelson is overrated and it was really just a competition of Tiger versus himself and if he had a bad weekend someone else would win. No real competition.

Nice, I thought the wilson deep red numbers looked like that, but maybe im going crazy. Are the cavity backed or bladed/muscle?

They have a very deep cavity, they are a game improvement iron. I just need my thumb to be better then I can get out an hit some more.

As for Tiger Woods getting back to form, it will be good to see him come back but it's also nice to see others in the lime light.

Guys I just wanted to give a shout out to great app on the Apple App store for holders, called "Golf Coach HD" it's packed with great videos and split into sections for different aspects of the game. It's by far not cheap but for someone like me starting out when your back home and you forget some small detail from a days lesson it's helps jog the memory.

Shot a 99 today. 2nd round of the year so not too bad. Much unlike my 100 2 weeks ago I wasn't hitting drives all that well but my potting and iron shots were tremendous today. Again lost balls and shanks brought the score up but that's golf I guess.

I gotta complete a test that'll take about six hours, then if I pass I can do a one day training course on coaching people in golf.

Then I may get my first part time job :)

Also had my swing refined a little, hitting the ball a lot starter and with more draw.

Shot a 39 today, really it was probably 42 or 43 though. Felt good to get out after having not played for a few weeks.

Do any of you guys have any specific Golf exercise routines, I'm not just talking about basic exercise I'm talking very targeted and sport specific?

Ive managed to find a few online for stretches but no actual muscle or refinement exercises.

Do any of you guys have any specific Golf exercise routines, I'm not just talking about basic exercise I'm talking very targeted and sport specific?

Ive managed to find a few online for stretches but no actual muscle or refinement exercises.

For me, I just do a few stretches for my arms and legs.

Sprite

You said you had an ipad right? There is an app called ifitness (I think, I don't have mine with me) and I believe it had a golf specific workout if I remember right. If not a baseball type workout would work fairly well because it's more or less most of the same muscles working.

You said you had an ipad right? There is an app called ifitness (I think, I don't have mine with me) and I believe it had a golf specific workout if I remember right. If not a baseball type workout would work fairly well because it's more or less most of the same muscles working.

Nice I will have a look into that. :) 👍

(EDIT) I have just searched online for iFitness and its been taken down for no reason!!!

Just to update on my hunt for training specific for golf, I've found an app dedicated to the routines of exercises for golf. Picked it up just now for £4.99 it's just under 1gb of videos showing exercises. It's called "Bodygolf Fitness HD". It's got allot of high ratings.

Just to update on my hunt for training specific for golf, I've found an app dedicated to the routines of exercises for golf. Picked it up just now for £4.99 it's just under 1gb of videos showing exercises. It's called "Bodygolf Fitness HD". It's got allot of high ratings.

I have that.. given to me as a gift.. never thought it's good. Haven't had the chance to see it yet.
I guess I'll have to start watching it.

I have that.. given to me as a gift.. never thought it's good. Haven't had the chance to see it yet.
I guess I'll have to start watching it.

It's got some pretty usefully stretches for golf specific muscles, it's a very comprehensive set but the videos are cheesy, some even belong in our own funny video thread, with faces of the people doing the exercises. People have reviewed it seem to think its useful and I must say that I will be going through the videos to see what can be gleamed.

Just booked my first lesson at the local course also got some new shoes. The lessons are £25 to £28 depending on the person teaching you that over a 1 hour session. The shoes are Footjoy Contour.

6046290092_070c3dd133_z.jpg

Just been out for a practice in them and they feel fantastic on.

They look nice Sprite, I'm currently walking in FJ Superlites.

Speaking of which I picked up a junior prize at my local golf course with a stableford score of 32 :lol:

Getting this lyle and scott polo shirt tommorow to wear for golf. Love their stuff, but this will be the only one i'll buy for a while because the it's quite pricey.http://www.americangolf.co.uk/product/Lyle-Scott-Green-Eagle-Short-Sleeve-Polo-Shirt/p10530.aspx

Just got some polo shirts for golf from Debenhams they are Fred Perry

6810_1.jpg

they usually go for about £55 but i picked them up, white/green accent and pink/whait accent for £25 and £27 each. they are currently having a sale. :) Liking the Lyle & Scott shirt, what colour?

Just got some polo shirts for golf from Debenhams they are Fred Perry

6810_1.jpg

they usually go for about £55 but i picked them up, white/green accent and pink/whait accent for £25 and £27 each. they are currently having a sale. :) Liking the Lyle & Scott shirt, what colour?

Picked up a different style one instead today. Its black with white pinstripes going horizontally, and has the green eagle on the chest pocket.

Back