franz
Okay .... Here comes my most ambitious multiple cars project
The JGTC at Motegi Ring
All JGTC cars including GT500 and GT300 class, total 25 cars
I've uploaded 2 different sizes, hope you all like it

Tips: Using AI car technique to obtain camera location

PS: You have no idea how beautiful the GT300 cars are
They are dead gorgeous in Motegi setting 👍
Holy...crap! :dopey: That's awesome. How did you get all those in the right positions?

Civ
Holy...crap! :dopey: That's awesome. How did you get all those in the right positions?
I took a JGTC car to practice sesssion (the one with AI cars)
then park where I want for a while until I see any AI cars passed the finish line
save replay and load replay
select one of the AI car and press select while they just hit the finish line
go to camera 2, that is the camera location
the camera angle will be using the same technique from page 1 here
Good thing about this track is, AI cars would drive thru the finish line in the middle of the track, they wouldn't hit me when I parked both sides of the track

Since I have a video capture card, I use it to make reference for the location I park
so I can make sure the car would show up and not overlapping
The whole work from finding camera to chopping in photoshop took me over 60 hours, since lots of overlapping going on, I had to re-take the photo 3-4 times ... super time consuming but well worthy .... my next similar project will be based on Le Mans, hopefully I can find a good camera location.

PS - Maybe someone should estimate how much I spent on these babies, they aren't cheap :D

Edit> In case you didn't read my old post, I used this photo to get the idea
attachment.php

Hey ... they parked their cars worse than I did :D

This was my first try. I am not sure what technique everyone uses here, but this is how I did mine. If there is an easier way, please indulge me.

I started by setting the camera mod on the Professional setting so you can have clicks on the zoom and such.

I left the camera at the starting position, clicked out to 39mm and snap my first picture. Exited photo mode, loaded a new car, came back and set the camera back to 39mm and bumped it over a little bit and took the next one. Went back out, loaded the next car, came back in, set camera to 39mm and bumped it over further and took the picture.

I then loaded them into Adobe PS, loaded up picture #1. Resized the canvas large enough to hold all 3 pictures, set up #1 the way I wanted, I then loaded #2. On layer two, I set the transparency light enough to see the outlines of layer one so I can see what I need to remove then applied a mask (Learn how to use it if you don’t, very convenient than eraser). I then removed parts I didn’t need, aligned the pictures to fit, adjusted the brightness/contrast if need (sometimes the pavement would be off). I then did the same thing with picture #3. Final stepped was cropping. Just cropped what I felt wasn’t needed and that is it.

Just incase it causes confusion. The background isn't from one photo. I took these pictures in the portrait mode or what ever (tall & skinny) and weaved them together in PS.

wireeater
I started by setting the camera mod on the Professional setting so you can have clicks on the zoom and such.

I left the camera at the starting position, clicked out to 39mm and snap my first picture. Exited photo mode, loaded a new car, came back and set the camera back to 39mm and bumped it over a little bit and took the next one. Went back out, loaded the next car, came back in, set camera to 39mm and bumped it over further and took the picture.

I then loaded them into Adobe PS, loaded up picture #1. Resized the canvas large enough to hold all 3 pictures, set up #1 the way I wanted, I then loaded #2. On layer two, I set the transparency light enough to see the outlines of layer one so I can see what I need to remove then applied a mask (Learn how to use it if you don’t, very convenient than eraser). I then removed parts I didn’t need, aligned the pictures to fit, adjusted the brightness/contrast if need (sometimes the pavement would be off). I then did the same thing with picture #3. Final stepped was cropping. Just cropped what I felt wasn’t needed and that is it.

Just incase it causes confusion. The background isn't from one photo. I took these pictures in the portrait mode or what ever (tall & skinny) and weaved them together in PS.

My PS method is using layer mask as well, but I apply the layer mask first then use brush in black to paint out the useless part in that layer. I also switch on the mask channel, so the place I painted black will show up in red instead being transparent. This way I will not miss out some spots. At the end, I use blur tool to smooth out the black and white when they are in background (not the car) area
For my photo mode technique, you can read the first post in this thread
hope this help ... :)

franz
The JGTC at Motegi Ring

[font=&quot]That is outstanding! Great job. 👍👍👍[/font]

franz
The JGTC at Motegi Ring

Holy crap that's an amazing shot. :drool:

Ryosuke_Gumna
Can anyone upload the video please? (In a FTP please because yousendit will expire :(!!!!)
Overclocked has just re-uploaded the video
hope you can download it this time
or I will upload it again later

can you guys help me???

i got the video from Overclocked and it really is an impressive demonstration, however im having trouble doing it myself.

when i clone my pictures dont line up, one of my cars is always in the wrong place, or the one pic is way off to the left or right.

what am i doing wrong ???

franz
The JGTC at Motegi Ring

I am impressed with your PS skills -- very nicely done on your vectoring! 👍

DRIFT GOD
can you guys help me???

i got the video from Overclocked and it really is an impressive demonstration, however im having trouble doing it myself.

when i clone my pictures dont line up, one of my cars is always in the wrong place, or the one pic is way off to the left or right.

what am i doing wrong ???
Did you have both original photo shooting at the same camera location and same camera angle?
If you didn't, you may want to retake the photo again, methods can be found on first page.
If you did, you may be stamping at the wrong place, make sure your source target and the stamping target are match. You need to check both ruler's values and the image itself. I don't use clone stamp because its hard to get it accurate.

Here is my easiest way to do it without clone stamp
Or you can try to use rectangular select tool and select the first car with its background. Copy and paste it to 2nd car photo, then use move tool to place the first car to correct position. (much better than stamping) If the first car's layer blocking the 2nd car, you can use erase tool to remove the part you don't want on the 1st car layer. If you have difficulties doing the erasing process, you can lower the opacity of the 1st car layer, so it will look half transparent which makes the 2nd car layer visible as well. After you done the erasing process, just bring back the opacity to 100% and you job is done.
If you wanna adjust the brightness and contrast for the whole photo, you can try this. Select All > copy merge > New > paste. Then it will just copy the whole photo to a new edit window. Now you can do the adjustment to make it look better on the screen since GT4 photos are dark in general. If you adjust the brightness and contrast on the original one, you may end up adjust the layer you selected only.

mflintjer> thanks, but I did park each car to their real location as you see in the final photo, so it has nothing much to do with photoshop skill :sly: Here I put some original photos that I used for the JGTC shots to prove, and maybe the insight of how the final actually made :D

franz & Overclocked, here is my first succesful PS lol, i need more practice but im happy i finally got 2 cars in one pic :D

franz ty for the tip, that way was much easier ;)

edit: here are a couple more 👍

this could become very addictive lol 👍

what do you think of this one ???

this is my very first attempt at more than 2 cars ;)

The Dodge one looks nice but part of the SRT-10 got erased
anyhow ... you can try layer mask if you getting more comfortable with layers
like your situation, you can retrieve the missing part on your SRT-10 with layer mask, but now it is too late. If you are willing to learn, layer mask is the best solution for overlapping cars. Here is one of the basic tutorial to make you understand better ...
http://www.good-tutorials.com/track/6985
if you have trouble using layer mask, I can try my best to help as well

Me again posting amazing photo
Team Silvia Drift

S15, Sileighty, 2 different year S14, S13 and PS13
All in blue or purple drifting together at Tsukuba wet circuit
I added rain and rainbow to make it less boring
maybe cure people who have depression :)
anyway ... my drift skill is very bad at the moment :indiff:
this is the best I could do ... hope you guys like it

franz
Me again posting amazing photo
Team Silvia Drift

S15, Sileighty, 2 different year S14, S13 and PS13
All in blue or purple drifting together at Tsukuba wet circuit
I added rain and rainbow to make it less boring
maybe cure people who have depression :)
anyway ... my drift skill is very bad at the moment :indiff:
this is the best I could do ... hope you guys like it

that is awesome franz 👍

98cobra
Which one handles the best?

Thanks guys

Nissan R92CP is the best handling car, but Mazda 787B wins in beauty match, expecially for tyres and engine sound.

And now... 80' & 90' GT4 faster beauties!

Back