Photoshop Multiple Cars Thread + Tutorial

• Thread starter franz
  • 453 comments
Ryosuke_Gumna
STOP Posting useless post, and use decent grammar (stop doing quick post such as "u", "r", "wat", and many more). This is a forum, not a chatroom.

And franz, can you upload the video? Because its expired. Thanks.

We should have more Moderator to check each thread.
I didn't keep the video, maybe overclocked should upload it once more
maybe I can download it again for compression and reupload it from time to time

Neutralgamer01
Well yes u do know me, dumby
Lancerevo911
i know him really hes my m8
Knock it off. NOW!
Nobody cares if Neutralgamer01 is your friend. If you are going to chat, go to IM or something appropriate. This forum - and in particular, threads and boards with real subjects - are not here for you to be fools in.

Read the rules - especially the Common Sense Rules For Posting linked in my signature. Follow these rules or you will both be punished.

Understood?

domnei
Yay, here are my first multi-car pics.

Photomode cars in a real setting (anyone else tried this?):
sm_3cars.jpg
Hopefully that's what GT5 will look like.

Hey that's cool. Might try that.

Anyway, here's a "car meet" photo I came up with featuring 11 cars.

Civ
Hey that's cool. Might try that.

Anyway, here's a "car meet" photo I came up with featuring 11 cars.

:dunce: WOW That is very impressive work! That must have taken quite a while. I know 4 pics takes some time so that many..Excellent work Civ. 👍
Here are the pics I made over the weekend for the Skyline fans.

You don't need to clone stamp - that's probably a difficult one to do.

This is what I'd do...

Just open the two images, and then 'select all', 'copy' one of them and 'paste' it over the other as a new layer.

Then fade that layer by some percentage so you can see where you need to delete, etc.

Then you can work on the layer to make things just right.

so change the opacity so i can see the other car, then erase the other pic? 💡 omfg! :dopey: that's so much easier! I get it now! all that time clone stamping :grumpy: F.U. clone stamp! lol will try that when I get home.

Jack
is this clone stamping? I've got photoshop an I can't quite get it. my backrounds never line up... hours of frustration :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I use clone stamping with much success. Like you can see in post #77, I put 7 tuscan speed 6 side by side and it turned out very nice. Not perfect but nice considering it was only my 5th or 6th attempt at photoshop. As a matter of fact I know several people using it as their desktop because of the color. 👍 I might eventually redo it and make it perfect.

Thanks for the feedback guys. 👍 It actually doesn't take me too long as I'm quite good with photoshop. My method to get all the cars in one shot is probably a bit more advanced, but more precise. I do a selection around the car using the polygon lasoo tool and then invert the selection. I then apply a layer mask and fill it in with black, which essentially hides everything but the car. So then I can position it where I want, and if I see something's been "erased" on the car, i use a brush with white colour on the layer mask to paint back what's missing. Sorry if that's all too technical. ;)
I think it took me longer to get all photos just right.

Camaroboy, how do you get that Skyline with the carbon hood?

EDIT: Here's my latest one, but with a bit more 'action' in it.

Civ
Thanks for the feedback guys. 👍 It actually doesn't take me too long as I'm quite good with photoshop. My method to get all the cars in one shot is probably a bit more advanced, but more precise. I do a selection around the car using the polygon lasoo tool and then invert the selection. I then apply a layer mask and fill it in with black, which essentially hides everything but the car. So then I can position it where I want, and if I see something's been "erased" on the car, i use a brush with white colour on the layer mask to paint back what's missing. Sorry if that's all too technical. ;)
I used the same method ... it allows you to cut out the unwanted part precisely without using undo, and you can move the layer around to making sure the car is at the best location
it takes longer to process but it is the best you can get

Civ

I don't understand how exactly you merge them together. I get how you get everything around the car black... but what do you do with the scar's shadow? Do you also use the process of changing the opacity to see here to delete? thanks.

bmw5150
I don't understand how exactly you merge them together. I get how you get everything around the car black... but what do you do with the scar's shadow? Do you also use the process of changing the opacity to see here to delete? thanks.
Well, to make anything else appear or disappear you have to do it via the layer mask, so remember that. If you want to check where the shadow is and make it appear, right-click the layer mask and choose "disable layer mask". This will make everything appear again, but it won't delete the layer mask. Then select the shadow using the polygon lasoo tool, right-click the layer mask again and choose "enable layer mask". You should still have the shadow selected, and now simply fill in the selection with white to make it appear.

Another easier option is to select the shadow right after you've selected the car. Simply hold down 'Shift' as you select the shadow and both it and the car will be selected. Then apply the layer mask as in my initial post. 👍

CAMAROBOY69
I am pretty sure I just bought that Skyline from the Nissan dealership.
D'oh! I thought it was a special car. ;)

Okay .... Here comes my most ambitious multiple cars project
The JGTC at Motegi Ring
All JGTC cars including GT500 and GT300 class, total 25 cars
I've uploaded 2 different sizes, hope you all like it

Tips: Using AI car technique to obtain camera location

PS: You have no idea how beautiful the GT300 cars are
They are dead gorgeous in Motegi setting 👍

franz that is absolutely amazing. Excellent work!!! That must have taken hours and it was well worth it.. Most people wont even imagine the hard work involved in those 2 pictures. :dopey: :dopey: 👍

Back