Pics of my foster kids.Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pako
  • 14 comments
  • 823 views

Pako

Staff Emeritus
Messages
16,472
United States
NW Montana
Messages
GTP-Pako
Messages
GTP Pako
Figured I had better get this picture taken before the Thumb gets to go to a better home.




Each bass has it's own characteristics and personalities. I love them all equally. :)

:cheers:
 
What pretty "babies"!
That looked like a lot of G.A.S. relieved.
 
Heh heh for a second there I thought you went out and adopted your own group! :lol:

Looking good mang! 👍
 
Hot hot hot :D

I'm not too clued in on basses but the player in my band loves her 5-strings so would probably jump on yours; looks like a beaut. Love the fretless too, are they the same manufacturer? What are the other two?

A "parent" never likes to show favouritism over their "kids" i know, but come on, which is the best? :p
 
Gil
What pretty "babies"!
That looked like a lot of G.A.S. relieved.

GAS relief? One would think, but after playing that Metro Sadowsky, I am lusting over one of these NYC Sads.:

4311_full.jpg


When will the GAS pains stop?!?!?!?!?

BTW Gil, Sadowsky makes some pretty sweet guitars as well.... :D
 
donbenni
Hot hot hot :D

I'm not too clued in on basses but the player in my band loves her 5-strings so would probably jump on yours; looks like a beaut. Love the fretless too, are they the same manufacturer? What are the other two?

A "parent" never likes to show favouritism over their "kids" i know, but come on, which is the best? :p

From left to right:

Warwick Thumb 6-string Neck Through
Sadowsky RV5 5-String with VTC soon to be installed
Warwick Corvette 5-string Bolt-On Fretless
Fender Standard Jazz Made in America 4-string.

They are all active basses except for the Fender, but I'm thinking of adding a after market preamp insert. There's a couple manufacturers out there with drop in modules.
 
Pako
GAS relief? One would think, but after playing that Metro Sadowsky, I am lusting over one of these NYC Sads.:

4311_full.jpg


When will the GAS pains stop?!?!?!?!?

BTW Gil, Sadowsky makes some pretty sweet guitars as well.... :D
Hey, I just got the wife to agree to the "possible eventual" purchase of a Mini Cooper!
She thought they were much more expensive.
I'm keeping mum about new axes for a while!!!:lol:
I've actually all but stopped playing. I get a good deal of numbness in the fingertips of both hands when I play for more than a few minutes.
It takes all the fun out of playing.
 
Gil
Hey, I just got the wife to agree to the "possible eventual" purchase of a Mini Cooper!
She thought they were much more expensive.
I'm keeping mum about new axes for a while!!!:lol:
I've actually all but stopped playing. I get a good deal of numbness in the fingertips of both hands when I play for more than a few minutes.
It takes all the fun out of playing.

;) Probably smart on your part.

So what's the deal with the numbness? You're not getting diabetic are ya?
 
ooooooooo la la.....pretty. at least you don't have to worry about them having terrible music :sly:
 
You got me with the title! :lol:

They have awfully long necks.... you don't strangle your kids like Homer, do you Pako? :D
 
Pako
So what's the deal with the numbness? You're not getting diabetic are ya?

Maybe he needs some Aleve. (Seen that commercial? Haha.)

Anyway, the finish on that 4311 is AMAZING. Brilliant woodwork!
 
👍 Man, those are some hot looking basses dude. Waay better than our bands. Our bassist is still stuck with a First Act Wal Mart bass :lol:. I really like the way that Fender looks as well. I've always been a fan of maple necks.
 
:drool: Few objects in life are sexier than a good bass guitar. Hopefully these foster kids don't have an identity crisis at age 14 ;). Enjoy them while you have them! They grow up so fast...
 
Well, I sent the 6-String to a new home yesterday. It hurts, but I talked with the guy that bought and he seems cool enough, and loves Warwicks so I know it's got a good home.

It was sad to pack it up.

On a happy note, I should get my Sadowsky from the shop tomorrow after having the Vintage Tone Control installed on it. Looking forward to hearing how it sounds.
 
Back