Pininfarina Teases Fittipaldi EF7 Vision GT Before Geneva Motor Show

I love that thing. It's a shame the project didn't make it in the end.
@Nessy This looks like one of your concepts :D
What?

This one?:

:D

I love the idea of a front integrated wing. I think Yamaha did it best with the OX-99. Also liked the different approach by Ford, with the Indigo concept.

1996_ford_indigo_concept_100005489_l.jpg

I'm liking what I see so far looks mean and dramatic whilst being without being too absurd like a Chaparral 2X, if the screenshots so far are to go by.

Just did a quick overlay sketch in red. The lines are hard to determine in the original twitter pic, so I may be totally off.

Nice work. 👍

When I was looking at the car before, I used a free image editor to lighten the image.
To my eyes, it still looks like there is essentially nothing more than an arch frame member running along the side of the car.
But it can be hard to see something different once you've decided on what it is you're seeing. :lol:

Anyway, here's my slightly lightened version.

rsz_fittipaldi_zpsivd4lc1r.jpg

Just did a quick overlay sketch in red. The lines are hard to determine in the original twitter pic, so I may be totally off.

Nice work. 👍

When I was looking at the car before, I used a free image editor to lighten the image.
To my eyes, it still looks like there is essentially nothing more than an arch frame member running along the side of the car.
But it can be hard to see something different once you've decided on what it is you're seeing. :lol:

Anyway, here's my slightly lightened version.

rsz_fittipaldi_zpsivd4lc1r.jpg

Nice job everyone, here is my attempt to render the face from front view. Spend hours in my computer and it is been a long time since I did tracing so the result is a bit rough. Some details might differ because this is just a fan rendering and I'm still an amateur, so there is might be a small hidden details I have missed or not being drawn. Anyway here it is!

cdc2.jpg

Why would they want the front to lift at high speed? Is this some sort of horribly expensive way of committing suicide?
The wing is mounted upside down, so the high pressure (shorter travel distance) is on the top side, generating downforce.

The wing is mounted upside down, so the high pressure (shorter travel distance) is on the top side, generating downforce.

I dunno man...

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f43/countach-nose-wing-aka-cannonball-run-lambo-11212/

I don't know about min. bumper height, BUT it was also a 5 mph crash bumper. Another thing, if you ever even think about installing something like that on your car DON'T, DON'T, especially if you really drive your car.
Had one, and at around 151 mph, that cute little wing, caused the front of the car to lift, like REALLY lift. Like I was looking at tops of trees.

Pretty much everything I can find says it was a cheap and easy way around US bumper regulations, not necessarily an aero piece.

Pretty much everything I can find says it was a cheap and easy way around US bumper regulations, not necessarily an aero piece
Even the way its mounted makes it look like it the air would be pushing it up, rather than the other way around.

Perhaps I've missed this before, or perhaps it's been recently added.
But I just noticed this line on the website.

"Fittipaldi Motors presents the first of a series of cars born from the mind of iconic world champion driver and 2 time Indy 500 winner, Emerson Fittipaldi. His sole mission was to apply all his track knowledge on creating a new experience that will elevate the driving ability of all super car enthusiasts from around the world."

The first of a series of cars?
I wonder if that's referring to VGT cars, or just Fittipaldi cars in general?

Perhaps I've missed this before, or perhaps it's been recently added.
But I just noticed this line on the website.

"Fittipaldi Motors presents the first of a series of cars born from the mind of iconic world champion driver and 2 time Indy 500 winner, Emerson Fittipaldi. His sole mission was to apply all his track knowledge on creating a new experience that will elevate the driving ability of all super car enthusiasts from around the world."

The first of a series of cars?
I wonder if that's referring to VGT cars, or just Fittipaldi cars in general?
First car from the 2 guys in general

First car from the 2 guys in general
Yep, sure.
But I was looking more to highlight the fact they state it is the first car in a series of cars.

On another note, the other thing I was going to mention, but got lazy and didn't bother, was something about the sentence I posted regarding the press release.

"The limited edition EF7 track car is being developed in collaboration with Pininfarina and HWA, and
will also be available in the Gran Turismo series, the Sony PlayStation racing franchise."

"Limited edition" suggests to me that this is more than just an exercise confined to the digital world.

Yep, sure.
But I was looking more to highlight the fact they state it is the first car in a series of cars.

On another note, the other thing I was going to mention, but got lazy and didn't bother, was something about the sentence I posted regarding the press release.

"The limited edition EF7 track car is being developed in collaboration with Pininfarina and HWA, and
will also be available in the Gran Turismo series, the Sony PlayStation racing franchise."

"Limited edition" suggests to me that this is more than just an exercise confined to the digital world.
Maybe they are already planned to create another concepts, but not other VGT

Interesting second note

W&S

Another new teaser image on the Pininfarina website.
http://pininfarina.com/en/fittipald...i_ef7_vision_gran_turismo_by_pininfarina.htm#

As it's still just a teaser there's little to be seen other than more rear wing detail. :irked:

But there's a bit more text added.
And while the name GT Sport still isn't mentioned, it all seems very familiar. ;)

"Fittipaldi and Polyphony Digital have teamed up to ensure supercar and video game enthusiasts worldwide can push the limits with a virtual version of the EF7 Vision Gran Turismo in the Gran Turismo racing series. Further, Gran Turismo and the FIA, the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, have created the FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships, a new platform for motorsports. Fittipaldi said: “eSports is a sure future, and partnering with the Gran Turismo team to replicate the feeling of driving the EF7 Vision Grand Turismo was eye opening.

Emerson Fittipaldi's vision, Pininfarina's design aesthetic and HWA's engineering capability, the Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina boasts a collective of some of automotive’s best partners and is a project we’re honored to be a part of,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo."

From Twitter :

So they will sell some EF7?

Possibly. Here, taken from the official website :

EF7 Vision Gran Turismo will be on the tracks soon, and in the hands of only a selected few.

Fittipaldi : “Those who now own an EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina are part of history - they own an individual masterpiece, designed by true legends of the auto world.”

I suspect Kaz didn't actually say that sentence.

Which sentence? If you mean the sentence above the Fittipaldi quote it is from Pininfarina themselves, and it is not about the car appearance in the game, instead they said there is possibilty of few production version for selected customers.

Or is it from the other post before it? Because you don't quote it so I'm a bit confused with that.

It's on the website at the bottom.

Emerson Fittipaldi's vision, Pininfarina's design aesthetic and HWA's engineering capability, the Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina boasts a collective of some of automotive’s best partners and is a project we’re honored to be a part of,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo.

Back