Pininfarina Teases Fittipaldi EF7 Vision GT Before Geneva Motor Show

I don't said all of the VGT project are not serious and realistic. Instead it is a good opportunity for manufacturer give us their future design language look like, a hint for newly production car (Bugatti) or simply as a design exercise to prove that all of the technology are plausible in near future (that's the case for 2X and Tomahawk). I don't hate these concepts, even it looks like something that come from fantasy, sci-fi world like in movies. I still like it.

What I pointed out is finally we have a serious car in all of the VGT range we have now, a track car from the mind and expertise of a racing legend featured with real mechanicals and super light chassis that is made from carbon-fibre.
Yes, I'm with you. 👍
It was just the use of the term "first time" that prompted my response.

It sounds pretty unique so far. Around 1000kg and over 600hp out of an NA V8 in what I'm guessing is an FR car.
I questioned where you got that number from. :lol:
So I checked back at the website.
It seems that paragraph has been updated in the last hour.
It now reads -
"Fittipaldi also revealed that the powerful V8 normal aspirated engine, with over 600 hp, will give a powerful but progressive acceleration. Both engine and gearbox are "Fittipaldi" single manufacturer-made and seamlessly integrated, while their low design and position on the car creates a unique center of gravity."

Nice one. 👍

Last edited:
I've been checking out the latest teaser image, and perhaps it's just me, or maybe I'm looking at it all wrong and those 2 bright white things aren't headlights, but I'm finding it quite bizarre. :P

Firstly, it sort of reminds me of a manta ray. :lol:
But beyond that, the side wall of the front panel seems non-existent, with just a frame member running over the top connecting the wheel arch and front end.
The central nose section reminds me of a F1 car, but with the front spoiler now sitting on the nose instead of under it.
And if that central nose section is what it looks like to me, then there's no bonnet.
MR?

Anyway, as I said, perhaps I'm seeing this image all wrong. :embarrassed:
But what I do know is that there is a little bit more added to the press release than what is on the website.

"The limited edition EF7 track car is being developed in collaboration with Pininfarina and HWA, and
will also be available in the Gran Turismo series, the Sony PlayStation racing franchise."

They are labelling it a "track car".​

...That better not be its front, because if it is, then wow. I need an eye bleach right now.

Oh hang on, I've got one lying around in the house, somewhere....
G7Q24YkRDOL0af4yk8ng_8QitR2u.png

On a more serious note, could it be another shot of the car's rear, just at a different angle? I dearly hope so.

Looks kind of Gumpert Apollo-esque since that front has clearly been designed around aero function.

Function over form, old F1 influence with the flat-top hood and nose with the spoiler above. The "headlight wing" is pretty clever.

Hope they get the necessary funding to build it.

New front end image reminds me of an old Yamaha concept that explored a similar treatment:

View attachment 627827
I forgot that old thing... too bad racing games don't use those cars much anymore.

Quite a few from the old NFS and GT games. PGR2 (3?) and Forza 2 had quite a few aseconds well... Forza 4 brought a bunch of one offs didn't it?

I guess the closest thing is the VGT cars these days.

New front end image reminds me of an old Yamaha concept that explored a similar treatment:

View attachment 627827

It is Yamaha OX-99, an experimental car build by Yamaha to showcase their advanced engineering, in conjunction with their role as F1 engine supplier at early 90's. Two prototype were build, the red one is the single seater and the black is the two seater. Powered by V12 engine it can hit 10.000 rpm and 0-60 in 3.2s.

It is Yamaha OX-99, an experimental car build by Yamaha to showcase their advanced engineering, in conjunction with their role as F1 engine supplier at early 90's. Two prototype were build, the red one is the single seater and the black is the two seater. Powered by V12 engine it can hit 10.000 rpm and 0-60 in 3.2s.
The Yamaha's a nice take on "Looks can be deceiving."

about_Yamaha.jpg

Just look at that cute little car.

Am I wrong to feel disappointment on the verge of anger? The rear-end teaser and the fuzzy side image looked VERY promising to me, and this? Seriously? If this is the shape the front end will take (and I'm not sure how it won't be), then how could the designer step back and think, "Yes, that's the best job I can do." ?!?!?!?

I understand that I'm not a design expert, but I can't help but feeling significantly let down here. Even if it's some fancy aerodynamic treatment, that doesn't mean it has to look like I did it!

I've been looking at the teasers and I've been wondering if there are two versions of this car like the alpine Vision GT. The first teaser shows off a rather large rear wing which I can't make out from the blurred out side profile shot, the front end teaser image also shows a number, despite the car being fully yellow on the blurred out picture and overall seeming less "tracky" than the new image.

Back