Pirelli World Challenge Confirmed for Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 16, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

That is fantastic. Great to see real racing series in game to add legitimacy. Also really good to see how positive they are about the modelling of their tyres in game.

3. mc0029

mc0029

Yes. Lots of good looking cars coming. I hope for the gt4 cars at a later date.

4. breyzipp

breyzipp

Euh the wait is unbearable!... ;(

Someone should turn the clock a week ahead and then a week back so I have a week time to disappear from this world and play PCARS 2 24/7. :)

5. sgohsixthree

sgohsixthree Premium

One of my gripes about pcars1 was that they ditched the original KPAX livery on the 12c before release, despite using it to show the game off.

So this is super awesome. I'm at Sonoma this weekend watching these cars go around, I can't wait to get them in game.

Kingofweasles and ykiki like this.
  6. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Where we're going, we don't need roads. Just a console/pc and a peripheral to drive it.

breyzipp and wicken like this.
  7. CHEN255

CHEN255

Awesome news, lots of great liveries to enjoy!

8. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Kinda figured they were considering there was suspiciously a lot of PWC team liveries (that and the PWC logo in-game, which they surely wouldn't this close to release if it wasn't approved), but cool nonetheless.

Now if only the series itself would cut ties with the broadcaster that severly limits their series to a paywall and tape delays...

Jezza819, Lewmatic, ykiki and 3 others like this.
  9. TiMcF1

TiMcF1

I'm sold now that is all there is to it.

HarlemG27 and sgohsixthree like this.
  10. sgohsixthree

sgohsixthree Premium

1000% agreed.

11. karma996

karma996

kazunori boast of having the FIA partnership with gt sport and make lots of "Gr.3" fantasy cars & fantasy track...

pcars2 will have the real gt3 2017 cars...

good job

12. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I think the only manufacturer backed GT3 that PC2 is missing is the Lexus. There's also the Emil Frey Jaguar, Callaway Corvette and SCG 003, but I don't see any of the 3 making an appearance for various reasons.

It's overall very impressive how they've assembled a near complete collection.

13. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Based on what I've read previously on this forum the Emil Frey Jaguar and Callaway Corvette teams are not manufacturer backed which might be one of the reasons for their non-inclusion.

Good news about this series - now I'm just hoping for a tie up with one of the Historic series such as FIA Masters or the HSCC or Goodwood etc etc.

14. fasj6418

fasj6418

If we end up getting all their tracks that would be awesome.

Not that Pcars2 track list isn´t already great, but PWC has a few other awesome tracks not yet in the game.

15. breyzipp

breyzipp

16. Northstar

Northstar Premium

They are not, which is why I listed them separately. ;)

It's not impossible to license the Jaguar as Forza has it, but I'd imagine the licensing is complicated and it probably wouldn't be worth the effort considering it's on it's last legs. The Callaway would be nice, but who knows if GM would allow it.

It would be awesome and I think there may actually be an outside shot of it happening considering how often they are a support series with IndyCar. They could effectively kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

17. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

Good news indeed. But honestly i dont know much about this series. IMSA would be another great addition.

18. Northstar

Northstar Premium

It's pretty similar to the Blancpain Sprint races, the only difference is there is 2 different race formats over the season.

The races where they share the weekend with another series usually consist of 2 50-minute races with no driver changes.

On the weekends where they are the headlining race they do a full 60-minutes with a mandatory driver change.

There is also an 8-hour race at Laguna Seca as part of the InterContinental GT Challenge.

No clue if the 2 different formats will be present in the game.

RaceFuchs likes this.
  19. Racemachine

Racemachine

Can't wait, has the game gone gold yet? If not could it be released on time?

20. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

It was gold weeks ago.

ykiki and The_American like this.
  21. Racemachine

Racemachine

Ok thanks, I missed that and tried to check online but couldn't find anything.

22. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Sorry - I misread your post.

Maybe the Lexus could come as DLC?

It is very impressive what SMS have done with GT3 and GT4, but there are still a lot of categories, especially amongst the historic content which are in empty or almost empty classes such as the 1959 Aston Martin DBR1/300. The Lotus 40 which shouldn't be mixed in with the Ford Mark 4 and the Ferrari 330 P4, but competed in period with the Lola T70 Spyder and McLaren M1A. Great that the Ford Mark 4 is joined by the Ferrari, but those two could do with some proper company such as the Lola T70 Mark 3, Ford GT40 Mark 1 and Ferrari 250/275 LM.

I am really hoping that some of the very thin historic classes are swollen with DLC - the addition of Lola, Alfa Romeo and Maserati together with some historic Corvettes would certainly help, but I have no idea how realistic I am being with these hopes.

FuriousDemon likes this.
  23. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

What would GM be allowing?

24. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I guess that's one major problem with including any historical content in a racing game, there is just so much to choose from so it will always feel lacking in some areas.

The use of the Corvette trademark on a non-official Chevrolet product in a video game. I don't know for sure that they would put up any resistance to it's inclusion, but considering how weird they have been with their real world racing deals it wouldn't surprise me.

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  25. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I don't really see why, considering they've never stopped Callaway in the past from putting their corvettes into games, under Callaway branding.

26. Northstar

Northstar Premium

The last time a Callaway race car appeared in a video game was Test Drive Le Mans in 2002 with their GT2 Corvette (The P&M Corvette was GT1).

Like I said, GM won't let Callaway use their C7 in the same race as the Cadillac, so it wouldn't surprise me if they transferred that policy that to the video game world considering PC2 features the Cadillac.

Sick Cylinder likes this.
  27. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

With historical content there doesn't have to be so much to choose from - for example rather than picking random iconic cars, you pick specific periods as is currently done by the bodies which organise historic racing. For example Pre '66 is a common Touring car category which typically contains Minis, Mustangs, Falcons, Cortinas, Jaguar's, BMW's and Alfa Romeos.

When I look at the historic content in GT6 or Forza it looks random and unplanned, but it doesn't have to. I think the way historic content in Project Cars is selected looks less random and more thought through, but there are some thin categories. As a player and a host I would be happy to see a reduction in the range of categories covered if it meant more cars per category. I would like there to be an attempt to at least get 3 cars per category.

28. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Callaway GT3 Corvette.
    Raceroom 2016.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  29. Northstar

Northstar Premium

It's listed as a Chevrolet on their website.

30. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

There was no GT2 in 2002. It was N-GT I believe. And if it was an LM based game it was GT since GTS was the top class for GT race cars.

First off aren't in PWC to begin with, so why would they be even part of this conversation as to being allowed in the game or not. Two they're not GM built cars, they are Callaway built cars and developed in Germany, similar to Ruf. They aren't a tuner company or something alone. I imagine if ADAC GT cars were to be licensed for Pcar2 this conversation wouldn't be had since Callaway are on other games as I said.