Pirelli World Challenge Confirmed for Project CARS 2

One of my gripes about pcars1 was that they ditched the original KPAX livery on the 12c before release, despite using it to show the game off.

So this is super awesome. I'm at Sonoma this weekend watching these cars go around, I can't wait to get them in game.

Kinda figured they were considering there was suspiciously a lot of PWC team liveries (that and the PWC logo in-game, which they surely wouldn't this close to release if it wasn't approved), but cool nonetheless.

Now if only the series itself would cut ties with the broadcaster that severly limits their series to a paywall and tape delays...

Kinda figured they were considering there was suspiciously a lot of PWC team liveries (that and the PWC logo in-game, which they surely wouldn't this close to release if it wasn't approved), but cool nonetheless.

Now if only the series itself would cut ties with the broadcaster that severly limits their series to a paywall and tape delays...

1000% agreed.

pcars2 will have the real gt3 2017 cars...

I think the only manufacturer backed GT3 that PC2 is missing is the Lexus. There's also the Emil Frey Jaguar, Callaway Corvette and SCG 003, but I don't see any of the 3 making an appearance for various reasons.

It's overall very impressive how they've assembled a near complete collection.

I think the only manufacturer backed GT3 that PC2 is missing is the Lexus. There's also the Emil Frey Jaguar, Callaway Corvette and SCG 003, but I don't see any of the 3 making an appearance for various reasons.

It's overall very impressive how they've assembled a near complete collection.

Based on what I've read previously on this forum the Emil Frey Jaguar and Callaway Corvette teams are not manufacturer backed which might be one of the reasons for their non-inclusion.

Good news about this series - now I'm just hoping for a tie up with one of the Historic series such as FIA Masters or the HSCC or Goodwood etc etc.

If we end up getting all their tracks that would be awesome.

Not that Pcars2 track list isn´t already great, but PWC has a few other awesome tracks not yet in the game.

Based on what I've read previously on this forum the Emil Frey Jaguar and Callaway Corvette teams are not manufacturer backed which might be one of the reasons for their non-inclusion.

They are not, which is why I listed them separately. ;)

It's not impossible to license the Jaguar as Forza has it, but I'd imagine the licensing is complicated and it probably wouldn't be worth the effort considering it's on it's last legs. The Callaway would be nice, but who knows if GM would allow it.

If we end up getting all their tracks that would be awesome.

Not that Pcars2 track list isn´t already great, but PWC has a few other awesome tracks not yet in the game.

It would be awesome and I think there may actually be an outside shot of it happening considering how often they are a support series with IndyCar. They could effectively kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Good news indeed. But honestly i dont know much about this series.

It's pretty similar to the Blancpain Sprint races, the only difference is there is 2 different race formats over the season.

The races where they share the weekend with another series usually consist of 2 50-minute races with no driver changes.

On the weekends where they are the headlining race they do a full 60-minutes with a mandatory driver change.

There is also an 8-hour race at Laguna Seca as part of the InterContinental GT Challenge.

No clue if the 2 different formats will be present in the game.

It's not impossible to license the Jaguar as Forza has it, but I'd imagine the licensing is complicated and it probably wouldn't be worth the effort considering it's on it's last legs. The Callaway would be nice, but who knows if GM would allow it.

It would be awesome and I think there may actually be an outside shot of it happening considering how often they are a support series with IndyCar. They could effectively kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

Sorry - I misread your post.

Maybe the Lexus could come as DLC?

It is very impressive what SMS have done with GT3 and GT4, but there are still a lot of categories, especially amongst the historic content which are in empty or almost empty classes such as the 1959 Aston Martin DBR1/300. The Lotus 40 which shouldn't be mixed in with the Ford Mark 4 and the Ferrari 330 P4, but competed in period with the Lola T70 Spyder and McLaren M1A. Great that the Ford Mark 4 is joined by the Ferrari, but those two could do with some proper company such as the Lola T70 Mark 3, Ford GT40 Mark 1 and Ferrari 250/275 LM.

I am really hoping that some of the very thin historic classes are swollen with DLC - the addition of Lola, Alfa Romeo and Maserati together with some historic Corvettes would certainly help, but I have no idea how realistic I am being with these hopes.

What would GM be allowing?

It is very impressive what SMS have done with GT3 and GT4, but there are still a lot of categories, especially amongst the historic content which are in empty or almost empty classes such as the 1959 Aston Martin DBR1/300. The Lotus 40 which shouldn't be mixed in with the Ford Mark 4 and the Ferrari 330 P4, but competed in period with the Lola T70 Spyder and McLaren M1A. Great that the Ford Mark 4 is joined by the Ferrari, but those two could do with some proper company such as the Lola T70 Mark 3, Ford GT40 Mark 1 and Ferrari 250/275 LM.

I am really hoping that some of the very thin historic classes are swollen with DLC - the addition of Lola, Alfa Romeo and Maserati together with some historic Corvettes would certainly help, but I have no idea how realistic I am being with these hopes.

I guess that's one major problem with including any historical content in a racing game, there is just so much to choose from so it will always feel lacking in some areas.

What would GM be allowing?

The use of the Corvette trademark on a non-official Chevrolet product in a video game. I don't know for sure that they would put up any resistance to it's inclusion, but considering how weird they have been with their real world racing deals it wouldn't surprise me.

The use of the Corvette trademark on a non-official Chevrolet product in a video game. I don't know for sure that they would put up any resistance to it's inclusion, but considering how weird they have been with their real world racing deals it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't really see why, considering they've never stopped Callaway in the past from putting their corvettes into games, under Callaway branding.

I don't really see why, considering they've never stopped Callaway in the past from putting their corvettes into games, under Callaway branding.

The last time a Callaway race car appeared in a video game was Test Drive Le Mans in 2002 with their GT2 Corvette (The P&M Corvette was GT1).

Like I said, GM won't let Callaway use their C7 in the same race as the Cadillac, so it wouldn't surprise me if they transferred that policy that to the video game world considering PC2 features the Cadillac.

I guess that's one major problem with including any historical content in a racing game, there is just so much to choose from so it will always feel lacking in some areas.

With historical content there doesn't have to be so much to choose from - for example rather than picking random iconic cars, you pick specific periods as is currently done by the bodies which organise historic racing. For example Pre '66 is a common Touring car category which typically contains Minis, Mustangs, Falcons, Cortinas, Jaguar's, BMW's and Alfa Romeos.

When I look at the historic content in GT6 or Forza it looks random and unplanned, but it doesn't have to. I think the way historic content in Project Cars is selected looks less random and more thought through, but there are some thin categories. As a player and a host I would be happy to see a reduction in the range of categories covered if it meant more cars per category. I would like there to be an attempt to at least get 3 cars per category.

The last time a Callaway race car appeared in a video game was Test Drive Le Mans in 2002 with their GT2 Corvette (The P&M Corvette was GT1).

Like I said, GM won't let Callaway use their C7 in the same race as the Cadillac, so it wouldn't surprise me if they transferred that policy that to the video game world considering PC2 features the Cadillac.

Callaway GT3 Corvette.
Raceroom 2016.

There was no GT2 in 2002. It was N-GT I believe. And if it was an LM based game it was GT since GTS was the top class for GT race cars.

First off aren't in PWC to begin with, so why would they be even part of this conversation as to being allowed in the game or not. Two they're not GM built cars, they are Callaway built cars and developed in Germany, similar to Ruf. They aren't a tuner company or something alone. I imagine if ADAC GT cars were to be licensed for Pcar2 this conversation wouldn't be had since Callaway are on other games as I said.

Back