PITS 2-[Project International Touring Series 2]PS4 

• Thread starter Alex ONeill
  • 5,565 comments
Someone can have my spot...just not feeling it with asseto corsa. sorry guys, I tried to say I was out but no one could hear me..

I hear'ya Bear, for some reason I just didn't much care for AC on the PS4. I actually feel like the cars in Assetto Corsa have too much grip - like, across the board. Even with no setup changes, there's a lot of mechanical grip on the cars.

I know no one will care, but ACC is much better (although I know it doesn't have the variety of AC) as far as the actual gameplay goes. Alex and I ran an online race at Catalunya last night, and yes, he won. I was 5th out of 7... He was in the Acura and I was in the R8. Great race, and neither of us did any setup work. Our cars were a bit slide-y but fun to drive. We both had issues with the rear end being a bit too loose, but was a ton of fun. I got a 30 second stop-go penalty so I feel I could have been up there with him had I not been a bone head at the start. :lol: It was both of our first race in ACC - so not bad at all.

Also, I moved up from Rookie to a Class D license in iRacing last night and was able to run the BMW GTE M8 - holy ****!! That car is amazing - and I can honestly see why Alex has never been able to come back to PS4... the braking is just so different (on both iRacing and ACC) that I see why he was never able to get back to PS4 PCars 2. It really is just so lacking on the PS4, and I thought it was all in his head. It's not.

When we ran the BMW race at Donington, I was roaming around the track in the low 1:08's (and felt pretty quick) - then I did a lap or two with Alex leading and talking me through the breaking points and the differences in his line versus mine. I was able to do low 1:05's in quali and did consistent low 1:06's during the race, with my FL being a 1:05.198'. Alex ended the race in 2nd and I was 12th in a room of 19. Felt pretty good about that. btw, Alex was in the low 1:04's... :cheers:

And on a side note, when we were practicing (for the BMW race), we were practicing with Mike Rockenfeller... if you know who that is, how cool is that??

Anyway, I will miss racing with ALL you guys, and thanks for welcoming me into the fold! Thoroughly enjoyed the time racing with you all, and learned a ton of stuff. I will say that if you have the chance to move to PC and iRacing, do it. You won't regret it. It is expensive, but this is pretty much now my hobby - especially since I can't really race my RC cars competitively right now, and that was getting pretty damned expensive as I was having to travel out of state to do it. So, I look at this as my NEW racing outlet, and you only buy what you are going to run (series and/or cars & tracks you need for that series) for the next several weeks. Plus, they have a way to earn iRacing money that you can use to buy with. 👍

I'll still be around, lurking in the shadows and giving @SGETI as much crap as possible. :P :lol:

I hear'ya Bear, for some reason I just didn't much care for AC on the PS4. I actually feel like the cars in Assetto Corsa have too much grip - like, across the board. Even with no setup changes, there's a lot of mechanical grip on the cars.

I know no one will care, but ACC is much better (although I know it doesn't have the variety of AC) as far as the actual gameplay goes. Alex and I ran an online race at Catalunya last night, and yes, he won. I was 5th out of 7... He was in the Acura and I was in the R8. Great race, and neither of us did any setup work. Our cars were a bit slide-y but fun to drive. We both had issues with the rear end being a bit too loose, but was a ton of fun. I got a 30 second stop-go penalty so I feel I could have been up there with him had I not been a bone head at the start. :lol: It was both of our first race in ACC - so not bad at all.

Also, I moved up from Rookie to a Class D license in iRacing last night and was able to run the BMW GTE M8 - holy ****!! That car is amazing - and I can honestly see why Alex has never been able to come back to PS4... the braking is just so different (on both iRacing and ACC) that I see why he was never able to get back to PS4 PCars 2. It really is just so lacking on the PS4, and I thought it was all in his head. It's not.

When we ran the BMW race at Donington, I was roaming around the track in the low 1:08's (and felt pretty quick) - then I did a lap or two with Alex leading and talking me through the breaking points and the differences in his line versus mine. I was able to do low 1:05's in quali and did consistent low 1:06's during the race, with my FL being a 1:05.198'. Alex ended the race in 2nd and I was 12th in a room of 19. Felt pretty good about that. btw, Alex was in the low 1:04's... :cheers:

And on a side note, when we were practicing (for the BMW race), we were practicing with Mike Rockenfeller... if you know who that is, how cool is that??

Anyway, I will miss racing with ALL you guys, and thanks for welcoming me into the fold! Thoroughly enjoyed the time racing with you all, and learned a ton of stuff. I will say that if you have the chance to move to PC and iRacing, do it. You won't regret it. It is expensive, but this is pretty much now my hobby - especially since I can't really race my RC cars competitively right now, and that was getting pretty damned expensive as I was having to travel out of state to do it. So, I look at this as my NEW racing outlet, and you only buy what you are going to run (series and/or cars & tracks you need for that series) for the next several weeks. Plus, they have a way to earn iRacing money that you can use to buy with. 👍

I'll still be around, lurking in the shadows and giving @SGETI as much crap as possible. :P :lol:

I got my PC up and running, lets do some ACC this weekend. :cheers:

I'll miss you too Barry, as sure as the rest of the guys. You really blended in so well with us, awesome personality and a damn good racer too. Plus you chipped in so well along with Stan to keep our lobbies going and for that we are grateful. Yeah you were definitely an asset.
Cheers bro.
For me I'll never go the PC route though. Sticking with console. I'm waiting with baited breath for the PS5 which from all indications is going to be a beast of a machine taking consoles to a whole new dimension processor-wise et al.

I'll miss you too Barry, as sure as the rest of the guys. You really blended in so well with us, awesome personality and a damn good racer too. Plus you chipped in so well along with Stan to keep our lobbies going and for that we are grateful. Yeah you were definitely an asset.
Cheers bro.
For me I'll never go the PC route though. Sticking with console. I'm waiting with baited breath for the PS5 which from all indications is going to be a beast of a machine taking consoles to a whole new dimension processor-wise et al.

Thanks David, I'll definitely miss running 'round the tracks with you guys. :cheers:
And I'm definitely not a good racer, running in iracing has shown me that, getting in a race where 300+ people have entered is a bit humbling. :lol:
I hear'ya too, going PC is for sure an investment but I feel it will be worthwhile for what I'm wanting to do. Also, I feel like moving over to the Fanatec gear is now worth it. I honestly didn't feel that it was any better than the Thrustmaster stuff I had... but man, the V3 pedals are WAY better feeling wise on PC. Not sure if the T3PA pedals would feel a lot better on PC but I suspect they prob would.

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges right now, with PCars 2 on PS4 vs ACC/iRacing on PC... but I tell ya, it's a vast improvement. The pedals is a huge improvement, but even the wheel feels "better" with more "feel" whilst racing. :confused:

After spending $2000 on the Fanatec stuff and still running PCars 2 on PS4, it was kinda like, "well, that was a waste of money..." but not now that I've made the switch I feel it was worth it - and will probably look at getting the Podium wheel base down the road. 👍

Thanks again for kind words, dude, and have fun. I'll prob end up with a PS5 too. :rolleyes:

Thanks David, I'll definitely miss running 'round the tracks with you guys. :cheers:
And I'm definitely not a good racer, running in iracing has shown me that, getting in a race where 300+ people have entered is a bit humbling. :lol:
I hear'ya too, going PC is for sure an investment but I feel it will be worthwhile for what I'm wanting to do. Also, I feel like moving over to the Fanatec gear is now worth it. I honestly didn't feel that it was any better than the Thrustmaster stuff I had... but man, the V3 pedals are WAY better feeling wise on PC. Not sure if the T3PA pedals would feel a lot better on PC but I suspect they prob would.

I know I'm comparing apples to oranges right now, with PCars 2 on PS4 vs ACC/iRacing on PC... but I tell ya, it's a vast improvement. The pedals is a huge improvement, but even the wheel feels "better" with more "feel" whilst racing. :confused:

After spending $2000 on the Fanatec stuff and still running PCars 2 on PS4, it was kinda like, "well, that was a waste of money..." but not now that I've made the switch I feel it was worth it - and will probably look at getting the Podium wheel base down the road. 👍

Thanks again for kind words, dude, and have fun. I'll prob end up with a PS5 too. :rolleyes:

Bye

tenor.gif

Not. :P

Free.

I purchased a new rig, therefore I no longer need my old Obutto Ozone. Is there something wrong with this rig? Nope. You will need to get a seat. My old seat was near full of Grade A Italian butt juice, (remember there comes a time in life you should never trust a fart. ) as well as the back part of the seat broke. This rig comes with an unprecedented racing hall of fame history, numerous Mr. Awesome wins along with Endurance racing championships. Now for legalese, I can not guarantee your results when using this rig will match the previous owners spectacular talent and career. This is the time to own a part of sim racing history.

I am keeping the keyboard tray and shifter mount along with the custom carbon fiber wrapped table top which was the brain child of the racer and maybe you too can replicate . (maybe not.) the Est. weight 60-75LB +-. If need to ship, will be delivered from the 02571 zip code.

If no one responds I will toss it up on craigslist.

Attached Files:

So with a new game coming out this summer can it be safe to say we will be racing on pcars again by the end of the summer. Been having fun in assseto corsa but I deff would like to try the new game with you guys. Looks like it will be a successor to nfs shift which can be a good and bad thing

https://www.gtplanet.net/project-cars-3-rundown-20200604/
I think it would be safe to say I'll definitely be purchasing and look forward to our lobby racing on it.

Until I see actual evidence that it is still a Simulator with all the mechanics we have from the first two pCARS, I will be reserving any hype or excitement. At this time I have no plans on purchasing this title. From what they have released it looks like just like GRID.

Last edited:
Until I see actual evidence that it is still a Simulator with all the mechanics we have from the first two pCARS, I will be reserving any hype or excitement. At this time I have no plans on purchasing this title. From what they have released it looks like just like GRID.
I see what your saying I finally watched the game play this morning deff seems they are going back to there older ways idk if you played the shift series but I enjoyed it more than current pcars physics engine

Latest Posts

Back