Project Cars 3 Hype thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 351 comments
Maybe this will be in the game @IfAndOr :lol:

Forza Horizon 4 has a few three-wheelers.

How they made it work was to move "both" wheels on the single wheel axle to the centre of the car, and not render a visual model for one of them.

Physics-wise it's still a 4-wheel car (just one where there is an extremely narrow track on one axle), as you will see when you open up telemetry.

Video of the day. The transition from fog to clear day was smooth. Also, damage modeling near the end.

I don't think I've seen this. I really like the sound. It sounds a little more raw and real than what I'm used to. I'm very curious to get my hands on the game and see what the drive is like

I hope this game is everything you guys want and it scratches the itch for this type of product. I’ll be looking forward to your reviews and reactions.

Not sure it's just for pre-orders, at least on console:

Limited Time Offer: this pack is free until September 28th 2020 CEST.

PRE-ORDER OR BUY PROJECT CARS 3 WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM LAUNCH TO BENEFIT FROM THIS LIMITED TIME OFFER.
THE IGNITION PACK CAN BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE FROM PSN OR XBOX LIVE ONLY, FROM LAUNCH DAY AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR 30 DAYS

Cheers. I saw the pack online and couldn't find any mention of it by any of the Aussie retailers like EB or JB Hifi. So its basically available for 30 days for anyone from launch date. Nice bonus.

I'm quietly pumped for this. I enjoyed PC2 but if number 3 is like NFS Shift then I'm sold because I really enjoyed those two games. I'll be buying this on day one.

The Dart strikes again... ladies and gents, the C8 at Bannochbrae!

Nice video, I really like the sound, and the physics do not look bad at all.

I am starting to be moderately hyped, waiting to see how it performs on Xbox One X (Konan said 4K60 but it will be too good to be true) and how it plays with controller.

@Zeitoss -- Yeah, I keep thinking how it looks so polished and like a higher-quality experience in general compared to PCARS2, but I have to remind myself this is all PC footage and none of us can guess what state the console ports will be in for the early weeks, or how it will perform on my regular PS4 Slim.

The sounds alone will be one good reason to drive cars that fall outside of my usual preferences. It's not that I don't enjoy driving faster or more powerful cars, it's that I enjoy driving slow cars fast, and I feel that a hardcore simulator is an ideal environment for lower-performance cars that don't translate so well into less-realistic sims or games -- and what we've got in PCARS2 and now PCARS3 feels like missed opportunities. But a V12 is a V12. :cool:

I didn't realize a C8 corvettes transmission whine would sound like a 2007 toyota yaris in reverse gear... :odd:

I didn't realize a C8 corvettes transmission whine would sound like a 2007 toyota yaris in reverse gear... :odd:
Don't forget this is a game with upgrades. I'll admit I didn't catch that and it also doesn't seem likely from the mood of this video that upgrades would be applied, but it's possible this C8 was equipped with a "Race" tier transmission.

Either way, easily-forgotten audio details for upgrades would be cool, if that was accounted for.

In my Xbox One X, when I reproduce a practice run in PC2 similar to the video (in the McLaren 570S) there is some texture pop-in in the distance, mainly from the trees. Also, there is a weird barrier past the small stone bridge that disappears as you close in. As far as I can see, there is none of that in the video.

The expected predownload should be on the 23rd for those who pre-ordered the Deluxe version...

IMG_20200817_075346.jpg

In my Xbox One X, when I reproduce a practice run in PC2 similar to the video (in the McLaren 570S) there is some texture pop-in in the distance, mainly from the trees. Also, there is a weird barrier past the small stone bridge that disappears as you close in. As far as I can see, there is none of that in the video.

This video is from high-end PC, we have yet to see any footage from any of the consoles.

Did I see some aircraft flying past at Bannochbrae? That's new!

This time I've got a feeling they've done a bit of reverse engineering with the consoles in mind. They are their biggest market after all.

"we’ve gone through all the code to make it more robust and efficient so that the same high-resolution can be used on all platforms."

In fact some of the "changes" may have been dictated by console limitations.

The problem with the new graphics in PC3 is if you've got an allergy to hot air balloons you're in trouble. :)

I'll be working when it comes out, so at least I won't have to wait for it if there is a patch that big.

That video you posted @Nacho Libre - those sounds are glorious. Enough to make Jeremy Clarkson have a crisis:sly:

Did I see some aircraft flying past at Bannochbrae? That's new!

This time I've got a feeling they've done a bit of reverse engineering with the consoles in mind. They are their biggest market after all.

"we’ve gone through all the code to make it more robust and efficient so that the same high-resolution can be used on all platforms."

In fact some of the "changes" may have been dictated by console limitations.

I really hope so, but not taking any chances until I see some reviews.

"For frame rate specifically, Project Cars 2 runs at a bare minimum 60 FPS, because anything lower would mean "death." "You're always pushing boundaries," Chong said. "You're always pushing new rendering features. ... Our bare minimum is 60 frames per second."

Back