Playing on PS4 with a Logitech Driving Force GT & G27 with FFB

• Thread starter edu27
  • 396 comments
So this is what I have in there right now. Keep in mind that my pedals once updated in the config (shown toward the top) are shown as "FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3".

I tried adjusting the code to replace the Logitech G27 stuff in the Joystick corrections list lower in the code to read as my pedals do in the above section. Net effect - still not fixed. Brake pedal is now inverted, shows 100% on when off, vice versa. Gas pedal has the same problem as before.

But we seem to be getting closer. :)

Code:
<axis_map>
        <axis id="rel_axis_0" label="wheel">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_17" label="gas">
          <device type="joystick" id="0" name="FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3"/>
          <event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape="Circle"/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_18" label="brake">
          <event type="axis" id="1" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape="Circle"/>
        </axis>
        <axis id="abs_axis_19" label="clutch">
          <event type="axis" id="2" dead_zone="0" multiplier="0.008" exponent="1.00" shape="Circle"/>
        </axis>
      </axis_map>
      <joystick_corrections_list>
        <correction low_value="32767" low_coef="-8192" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
          <event type="axis" id="1"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="2"/>
        </correction>
          <event type="axis" id="4"/>
        </correction>
      </joystick_corrections_list>

Last edited:
Are you using the pedals connected separately?

If so, the axis map is correct but the names in the joystick_corrections_list have to match the names in the axis_map.

If not, all the names have to read as Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB or whatever it is know as in your pc.

The other thing - do you still have Fanatec drivers installed. To get my Fanatec wheel to behave like a Logitech, I had to uninstall the Fanatec drivers.

Are you using the pedals connected separately?

If so, the axis map is correct but the names in the joystick_corrections_list have to match the names in the axis_map.

If not, all the names have to read as Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB or whatever it is know as in your pc.

The other thing - do you still have Fanatec drivers installed. To get my Fanatec wheel to behave like a Logitech, I had to uninstall the Fanatec drivers.
Pedals are now connected PC direct, not to the wheel. Wondering if the other code adjustments would help for a wheel connection, I can use the G27 Config that does not have the USB assigned to the axis.

I have both the pedal and wheel Fanatec drivers installed right now, but if I uninstalled the pedal driver while PC direct, that would not work.

Found this to play around with linked from the same thread you found the other code in. I am out of time tonight, but will mess around with the code the next chance I have.

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Force_Feedback#Pedal_axis_correction

Not speaking for @EDK but I have a Fanatec CSR, Fanatec GT2, Logitech G27 and a Driving Force GT.

Imho the Fanatecs are much better than the Logitechs. My next wheel will probably be a Fanatec if I can afford a new one.

Just my 2 cents.

Not speaking for @EDK but I have a Fanatec CSR, Fanatec GT2, Logitech G27 and a Driving Force GT.

Imho the Fanatecs are much better than the Logitechs. My next wheel will probably be a Fanatec if I can afford a new one.

Just my 2 cents.
I was just pulling his chain. :P I have his F1 T500 and G25 pedals and am enjoying watching him getting the gimx working. :cheers:

The Fanatec wheels are great. 👍

Hey guys on the gimx website. Does anyone know what that arduino.inf file is? All i see is text, but on the diy it say to install it? Any ideas. I thought it was just text explaining things

Just my 2 cents.
I have too much invested and like it too much to move on. I agree, they are better than both Logitech and Thrustmaster.

#2 on this list ended up being my solution, now the pedals work perfectly connected direct to PC with USB.

https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Force_Feedback#Pedal_axis_correction

👍

Glad to hear things are moving along. Yeah, there not there yet, but it looks like you're real close. Good to hear you're making good progress.
:cheers: Yes, figured it out tonight. As mentioned above.

Ok im on a windows latop now and when im arduino builder when i press com 3 it says error 1 no port found. Im pressinf the reset button and also disconnected the usb and nothing.
Im using a arduino leonardo and installing the atmega32u4. This is frustrating any help would be great

Ok im on a windows latop now and when im arduino builder when i press com 3 it says error 1 no port found. Im pressinf the reset button and also disconnected the usb and nothing.
Im using a arduino leonardo and installing the atmega32u4. This is frustrating any help would be great

Check your connections carefully, something may not be correct.

See the wiki http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page and the forums https://forum.gimx.fr/

When I got a no port found error the first time, my setup was plugged in backwards.

The Teensy end gets plugged into the laptop to program it, but for the actual setup, the other end gets plugged in.

The second time I got that error, I had shorted out the CP2102 board and had to get a new one. I could tell that was the case because the PC told me it did not recognize it when I plugged it in by itself.

So last night i got it to program and was plugging it in to the ps4 ans setting the cables up, but right now the p.c. wont even recognize anything. I might have messed up 1 of the boards like u said. The ground came off the ardueno and i plugged it in the wrong pin lol. Gtta get a new one now haha

So last night i got it to program and was plugging it in to the ps4 ans setting the cables up, but right now the p.c. wont even recognize anything. I might have messed up 1 of the boards like u said. The ground came off the ardueno and i plugged it in the wrong pin lol. Gtta get a new one now haha
I did the same thing, plugged in GRN vs GND.

:ouch:

I can safely Say it works 100%. I did it GIMX adapter for my friend. He says it has no delay at all and FFB is 100% working. I recommend this option, it is pretty simple to do and it works As I said.

Greetings from Argentina.

How's your FFB feeling? Any input latency compared to GT6?
It's perfect.

The FFB that's modeled for GT Sport is better than that for GT6. Meaning, there are aspects of feedback that don't exist in the same way on GT6. Primary example is vibration caused by rumble strips. It's not just a jerk of the wheel from hitting it, but finer vibration as you run along it.

I had to dial the pedals in by re-calibrating in my Fanatec software, since there's no in game calibration like with the PS3. The pedals calibrate the first time you use them on GT6 (for Fanatec with G27 emulation) but that function does not exist here. So with the load cell, my brake pedal travel and needed force was off, but I was able to fix that.

Hey guys, don't know if you saw but I made this video. Shows my direct drive wheel working through GIMX with GT Sport

Also, not sure if this is sorted from the post above with the V3 pedals but I have my Elite and CSW V2 pedals working well via USB through GIMX, I just put a negative (-) sign before the .008 to make it invert the signal. Looks like this -.008 for each pedal axis, there is a small amount of dead zone at the beginning which I haven't gotten rid of yet but it's nothing too bad.

Also, in regards to fanatec pedals, delete anything saved within the "joystick corrections" section of the GIMX configuration app. I tried to enter the correct numbers into this section for each of my pedals but did not have any luck. I still plan to revisit this though.

Also, in regards to fanatec pedals, delete anything saved within the "joystick corrections" section of the GIMX configuration app. I tried to enter the correct numbers into this section for each of my pedals but did not have any luck. I still plan to revisit this though.

Yeah, the "joystick corrections" section of the GIMX gui is a bit complex and requires some trial and error depending on which pedals you own. When I first installed GIMX, my HPP PRX SE pedals exhibited strange behavior and would lose acceleration input after a certain amount of pedal travel. Mat and I corresponded back and forth until finally I found the perfect value so they work excellent now with every PS3 game I play.

I'm happy to hear about the FFB in GT Sport being well done. Doesn't really surprise me though, because you guys wouldn't believe good it actually is in GT4! Seth if you get a chance, check out GT4 on the PC via PCSX2 emulator using the Qemu2 plugin. You won't believe how good the FFB is in that 15 year old game! Take a car with hard tires out to either Le Sarthe or the ring, and using your OSW, you'll definitely be driving with a large grin on your face :D PD were truly ahead of their time when they did the FFB for GT4 way back then.

I ended up going USB direct with mine, and changed the code in the Joystick corrections section. It ended up needing to be #2 on this list.

Here's the correction code I used. I also had to adjust my pedal name in the correction area to what the software was calling them in the section directly above that. Before doing this, they were reading as fully inverted. Zero was 100%, 100% was zero.
Code:
      </axis_map>
        <correction low_value="-32767" low_coef="0" high_value="-32767" high_coef="8192">
          <event type="axis" id="0"/>
        </correction>
        <correction low_value="-32767" low_coef="0" high_value="-32767" high_coef="8192">
        </correction>
        </correction>

Also, we found your video, for sure. It was featured on the front page Wednesday.

Yes I saw that after my post, that is pretty cool! Also, I did more work with joystick correction and got my pedals working perfectly. I have low value set to 30192 and low coefficient set to 8192, the other two are both set to 0. My Fanatec pedals now have zero dead zone. I just kept experimenting with different numbers until I got the top end and low end of the pedal travel to line up properly with the game input, turns out it was very close with stock G27 numbers. Just had to remove the "-" symbol and make both numbers positive on the joystick correction side of things to get it nearly perfect. Then I lowered the "low_value" until I had absolutely no low end dead zone at all.

Looks like yours and mine are very similar, perhaps if I removed the "-" before the 00.008 in the Axis section than your settings would work for me.

Here are are my current settings, the Clubsport wheel base is actually my Teensy board for my Fanatec rim USB conversion, it is another emulation I am using :) Also, ignore the clutch, I intentionally altered the Clutch (axis 2) "low-coef" number to make the clutch grab very close to the beginning of the pedal travel.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
<controller id="1" dpi="0" type="G29 PS4">
<configuration id="1">
<trigger type="" id="" name="" button_id="" switch_back="no" delay="0"/>
<mouse_options_list/>
<intensity_list/>
<button_map>
<button id="abs_axis_0" label="">
<device type="joystick" id="0" name="FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base"/>
<event type="button" id="18"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_1" label="">
<event type="button" id="11"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_3" label="">
<event type="button" id="37"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_4" label="">
<event type="button" id="38"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_5" label="">
<event type="button" id="39"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_6" label="">
<event type="button" id="40"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_8" label="">
<event type="button" id="0"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_7" label="">
<event type="button" id="2"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_9" label="">
<event type="button" id="1"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_10" label="">
<event type="button" id="9"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_11" label="">
<event type="button" id="14"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_12" label="">
<event type="button" id="15"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_13" label="">
<event type="button" id="21"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_14" label="">
<event type="button" id="22"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_15" label="">
<event type="button" id="23"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_16" label="">
<event type="button" id="24"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_2" label="">
<event type="button" id="19"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_20" label="">
<device type="joystick" id="0" name="FANATEC ClubSport USB Adapter (shifter mode)"/>
<event type="button" id="1"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_21" label="">
<device type="joystick" id="0" name="FANATEC ClubSport USB Adapter (shifter mode)"/>
<event type="button" id="2"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_22" label="">
<event type="button" id="3"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_23" label="">
<event type="button" id="4"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_24" label="">
<event type="button" id="5"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_25" label="">
<event type="button" id="6"/>
</button>
<button id="abs_axis_26" label="">
<event type="button" id="0"/>
</button>
</button_map>
<axis_map>
<axis id="rel_axis_0" label="wheel">
<device type="joystick" id="0" name="MMos ForceFeedback 2014"/>
<event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="00" multiplier="00.0039" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
</axis>
<axis id="abs_axis_17" label="gas">
<device type="joystick" id="0" name="FANATEC USB Pedals"/>
<event type="axis" id="0" dead_zone="00" multiplier="-00.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
</axis>
<axis id="abs_axis_18" label="brake">
<event type="axis" id="1" dead_zone="00" multiplier="-00.008" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
</axis>
<axis id="abs_axis_19" label="clutch">
<event type="axis" id="2" dead_zone="" multiplier="-00.012" exponent="1.00" shape=""/>
</axis>
</axis_map>
<correction low_value="30192" low_coef="8192" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
<event type="axis" id="0"/>
</correction>
<correction low_value="30192" low_coef="8192" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
</correction>
<correction low_value="30192" low_coef="31192" high_value="0" high_coef="0">
</correction>
</configuration>
</controller>
</root>

_20170419_102355.JPG

G27 users;
For all lazy or all thumbs guys I really recommend to get Raspberry Pi(auto-boot image included) + GIMX adapter PnP, beside this you need just two extra micro-USB cables (power to RPi and adapter connection to PS4) and your normal DS4 cable.

Plug cables with powered wheel and off turned DS4 (set connection in PS4 menus "by USB") on places and manually press power to PS4, PS4 boots and so does RPi, about 30 secs and just pressing "PS-button" on wheel (most left red button on shifter) and PS4 recognises your G27 as G29 and you're ready to go.

Default auto-boot image maps you:
L1, R1 = shifter paddles
L2, R2 = top left and right buttons on wheel
L3, R3 = middle left and right buttons on wheel
on shifter from left on red buttons: PS, SHARE, OPTIONS

Possibility to set lower buttons on wheel and last red on shifter, just needs bit data nerd to open config file manually.

No timing disconnections or other problems, zero lag and even classic manual G27 turn radius change ("start"+"select"+[TSOX]) works.

I got GT Sport yesterday, and I am having trouble making my paddle shifters work with the GIMX setup.

I am emulating a G29.

Issue that I am having is that when I select manual transmission in the menus and then go to drive, the car is stuck in neutral.

I believe it is trying to revert to using the H pattern shifter, it thinks the H pattern is in Neutral, and therefore the paddles do not override it.

I have troubleshoot tested the paddles on my PC to be sure the buttons show as activating, and I also mapped a paddle to a different function (Change view) in GT Sport and it worked fine to change view. The car just does not want to leave Neutral.

Previously, I was using the Wheel in G27 mode, but I went ahead and updated the config to allow me to just use the Fanatec wheel as a direct conversion to G29. (I did this after I realized the shifting problem).

When doing this, I completely removed the H pattern buttons from the map. I have the old confug saved and could put them back and do something different with them.

I also have a selection in the Fanatec profile software to map the H shifter to my paddles, whatever that means. But it does not seem to change anything.

At this point, I am thinking I may change my emulation to one of the Thrustmaster wheels to see if the game deals with the H shifter differently.

I would end up doing that work around 12 hours from now, so wondering if the community might have any suggestions in the meantime.

Back