Playing on PS4 with a Logitech Driving Force GT & G27 with FFB

• Thread starter edu27
  • 396 comments
I don't have a laptop:nervous: I'm no good with DIY electrics, so it would need to come ready assembled.

So how does the raspberry Pi work:)

Last edited:
I don't have a laptop:nervous: I'm no good with DIY electrics, so it would need to come ready assembled.

So how does the raspberry Pi work:)
The diy doesn't require solder or anything....(if you buy the teensy or clone with soldered pins)
About using the PI, it's about a mixed feeling. Some people say it works flawlessly, while other say it sometimes shutdown. My tought is that are power supply related. There are a few PI images with Auto-start/VNC server to control-it via wifi.

So do I need any computer software to run this at the same time, or is it completely work on its own?:)

Sorry if this has been asked before:tup:

The raspberry PI is just a small computer that is used instead of a PC or lap topto run the GIMX software and allow your older PS3 wheel to be used on a PS4
The way it works is, you plug your old wheel into a PC, lap top, or raspberry PI, and the software translates it into a logitech G29 that your PS4 will recognise, but you still need to get that information to the PS4, and you can not just plug a computer or PI into the PS4, that is what the little DIY adapter is for, it allows the PC or PI to communicate with the PS4, if you tried connecting them without the adapter, they would only see the cable, but not what is on the other end, so the computer and PS4 would not see each other, however they can both see the adapter, and that is how they are able to talk to each other

P.S. :-) the adapter is really really easy to make

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^perfect explanation of it .
The DIY adapter is very very easy ,I have no experience with this stuff and it took me like 2min to put the adapter together and about an hour of tinkering around with the computer and it's all working wonderfully. make sure when you setting everything up to have all cables that you are using to be "shielded" if not, they will not be recognized.

Believe it or not there are actually some people that exist in this world that are absolutely *TERRIFIED* at the idea of assembling any sort of electrical circuitry. I'm one of them :lol: That's why I bought mine from Steve. He's selling them for around $22.

Believe it or not there are actually some people that exist in this world that are absolutely *TERRIFIED* at the idea of assembling any sort of electrical circuitry. I'm one of them :lol: That's why I bought mine from Steve. He's selling them for around $22.
Nice,that's basically how much I paid to make mine so it seems worth it

Yesterday I tested my csw v2+gimx with rpi 3b (Playing driveclub VR) and It worked without disconnects.
Overall I had a blast but ffb felt weird. Not a lot of detail and sometimes "pulling" gets stuck until next force comes in to play. Is it just DriveClub or ffb is buggy in my case?

Yesterday I tested my csw v2+gimx with rpi 3b (Playing driveclub VR) and It worked without disconnects.
Overall I had a blast but ffb felt weird. Not a lot of detail and sometimes "pulling" gets stuck until next force comes in to play. Is it just DriveClub or ffb is buggy in my case?
Try gimx on a pc and see if it feels the same or better. Looking forward to your feedback on a comparison between pc and rpi.

Problem is that my pc is far from my ps4. I remember I tested it with PC (but my wheel was facing the ps4 sideways) at that time there was also not a lot of detail (If i remember it correctly, but it was long time ago).
Input is spot on.

Will try to downgrade the kernel.

I'm interested if it is possible to implement fanatec support directly. (They provide their SDK if I'm not mistaken) With my current work load I don't have time to look into gimx source more in depth (would be fun side project tho).

Last edited:

I'm a forum lurker that would be interested in buying one of these as well, not that I don't have the technical ability, but more because I am just time-constrained/lazy at the moment but would love to be able to use my G27 on my PS4. So, I guess my question is, who is Steve and how can I get a hold of him to purchase one of these?

Thanks!

I'm a forum lurker that would be interested in buying one of these as well, not that I don't have the technical ability, but more because I am just time-constrained/lazy at the moment but would love to be able to use my G27 on my PS4. So, I guess my question is, who is Steve and how can I get a hold of him to purchase one of these?

Thanks!

http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?product=diy-usb-adapter-for-gimx

Your one stop shop for GIMX adapters.

Thanks again for telling me about Steve. Got my adapter last night and tested it with Project Cars and once I got everything wired up, it worked without issues. Now I just have to build a little case for it and make the cabling a bit less all over the place.

Thanks again.

Thanks again for telling me about Steve. Got my adapter last night and tested it with Project Cars and once I got everything wired up, it worked without issues. Now I just have to build a little case for it and make the cabling a bit less all over the place.

Thanks again.

Awesome. Glad you got your adapter man. :)

You're going to enjoy using GIMX. I can't WAIT to play GT Sport with my wheel!

I appreciate these adapter products, For one I have the crosshair which I Think is the same as the Gimx, both work flawlessly, now I even tested a G29 in Pcars after I used my g27 with the crosshair and I can 100% sure say that the ffb is the same, this is the only way to play on ps4 with the legacy Wheels.

hey guys, i just tested the cronusmax v3 in ps4 wheel edition mode and it works just as promised..
it emulates a g29 and behaves exactly like it. no input lag and working ffb.
you can even let everything plugged in while powering the console on and off and also navigate with the wheel (working ps, option, share buttons etc).
i don't know if the stick runs the gimx software or not, but big respect to matlo either way..
i know it's cheeky if it does (without asking him), but unfortunately it's the best option for me.
cronusmax is cheaper (~45€) than diy adapter+raspberry (at least where im am from) and i don't have to struggle with building the adapter/flashing firmwares etc.
maybe i should feel bad now, but finally having a working wheel again is way more important to me.
so happy racing everyone. i just wanted to let you know that there are other legit options out there.

Last edited:
It also works on Mac if you install windows using bootcamp, for people without a PC. (tested on 8.1 and win10)

G25 Users: For some reason L3 & R3 buttons are not mapped or missing on the standard config for LogitechG25_G29.
I have added those back on, and remapped it so the four red buttons on the shifter are from the left (L3) (PS) (Option) (R3). I replaced the share button the option button as this can still be pressed on the DS4.

PM me if you want my modified G25 xml config file to use instead of remapping yourself.

Noob question. I have a old s4 samsung smart phone and iphone 4 not being used, can one of these run the gimx software to run the adapter?

Hello

I tried this out and everything seemed to be fine. In the project cars menu it shows that a G29 is connected

But it's not working
image.jpg

What could I be doing wrong?

Steve hooked me up too i got the usb adapter from him and plugged it into my raspberry pi. Can not believe how well it works. If you dont have a pi already steve has got a plug-in and play solution. Enjoying DC with it at the moment and now ready for GTS.

I have a question for anyone in the UK who has done this, how much will it cost to get the G27 working considering i currently have no PC?

Im from Australia but i ordered my bits from Steve Marton he's based in the us. Below is his plug in and play kit it has a mini pc included. Or you could locally source a raspberry pi mini pc and just get his usb adapter to plug into the raspberry pi. All of his pricing and post costs are on his site. Hope that helps

http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p...heel-on-ps4-using-raspberry-pi-3-running-gimx

Im from Australia but i ordered my bits from Steve Marton he's based in the us. Below is his plug in and play kit it has a mini pc included. Or you could locally source a raspberry pi mini pc and just get his usb adapter to plug into the raspberry pi. All of his pricing and post costs are on his site. Hope that helps

http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p...heel-on-ps4-using-raspberry-pi-3-running-gimx
Thanks man, the price is good but I'm not sure if i will be hit by customs. I've seen some on ebay but too pricey. I dont want to pay more than £40 otherwise i might as well by the G29 when It's £120 again.

Love GIMX. Coupled with an Arduino adapter, it allows me to use my Accuforce wheel, Main Performance PC Simpedals and Thrustmaster shifters for Driveclub on PS4 and Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 6 Apex on PC.

Back