PlayStation 3 GTHD Screen with Bikes

I count 7 LM cars on La Sarthe.

We should expect more than 4 opponents in TT too, I guess PD is going to have to prep more Suzuka 8 hour bikes :)

On the Vision GT video I counted 18 cars on Nurburgring so I hope they have at least 8-10 bike in a race on GTHD.

I'll be more impressed when I see it in action, screenshots of GT look nothin special. If they dont sort out the AI then it wont matter if theres a 100 cars on track they still wont be a challenge.

Guys there is no need for this topic to be left open, there is always a topic for GT HD. Which I quote from GameSpot:

Earlier today, at the end of Sony Computer Entertainment's pre-E3 conference, we had an opportunity to test drive Gran Turismo HD (working title) on the PlayStation 3. Described as a prototype rather than an official PS3 product.

So with the gyroscopic function of the PS3 controller, does that mean actual leaning with the controller in TT2 (if it appears on PS3 first)?

hope the finished product is going to look better than the screenshots on gamespot. trees are still cardboard cutouts , nothing in any of those screens that make me want to buy a ps3 and next gen GT.

Paul

pilotofthestorm
So based on these pics (especially the last pic submitted yesterday), will there be cars and bikes on the track at the same time? I hope so!

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo5/screenindex.html

Pilot
I hope not, car's and bikes shuold never be raced against each other in a sim. As for that last picture, it is actually the main menu of the demo and doesn't hint at car's and bikes racing together, just that car's and bike's will both be in the next GT game.

as for the finished product, GT HD is not a game that will be released, at the PS conference, Kaz clearly stated that GT HD was just a demo for the show and that the next Gran Turismo would surpass GT HD, he also said the enxt Gran Turismo will be a much shorter wait after the PS3's launch than GT3 was after the PS2's launch, I expect much more to be revealed at the TGS later this year.

Because it's a sim, it's meant to feel like it's real or at least try to be real. Car racing and bike racing are two very different animals requiring different use of the track and different skill's to race on, if you try racing the two together your going to be all over the place, crashing into each other, a bike won't take a corner in the same was as a car and vice versa. It won't be much hassle for the people in the car's, they'll just drive into the bikes and knock them off at every corner, I can't think of a single positive for the bikers though. It's not remotely realsitic to have car's and bikes racing together, like I said, in a game that's not attempting to be a sim, or claiming to be one, fine, but in a sim, not at all, it ruins the vision and the feeling of being immersed into the game through it's feeling of reality. I wouldn't say no to an option in arcade mode or something where you can race them together, but not as part of the main game anyway, have seperate races and series for each.

You know, that reminds me of one of the problems I have with TT: when you hit a wall at high speed, you don't get hurt.

I'd like a baseball bat to come out of the PS2 and break my legs, because otherwise it isn't realistic enough.

There's obviousely a limit where realism can and should stop, but that doesn't mean you should start throwing everything together in an unrealsitic manner, hell why not have horsechariots in there as well, and milk floats and unicycles etc, what the hell, it's just a game. Sure, GT5 can have bikes in the game, but it would be both stupid and a complete immersion braker to be speeding down the Mulsanne straight in your M3 GTR only to see someone on a bike racing too. Like I said, by all means have an option to race them both in arcade mode or something like that, but the GT mode is about being immersive and attempting to feel realisitc, putting car's and bikes on the same starting grid is a big step away from that. You want to race car's and bikes, buy Midnight club or wait for TD:U.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Guys there is no need for this topic to be left open, there is always a topic for GT HD. Which I quote from GameSpot:

Earlier today, at the end of Sony Computer Entertainment's pre-E3 conference, we had an opportunity to test drive Gran Turismo HD (working title) on the PlayStation 3. Described as a prototype rather than an official PS3 product.

Then why do you keep posting and doubleposting in it?

This looks so awesome :D If they make GT5 look like that, i'm buying an HD tv :D

And that is a sanctioned race in what way? You don't see any competitions where somoen will race a bike against a car, the FIA won't allow Moto Gp to race against NGT, the JRC won't allow bikes to race against car's, not a single racing organisaton allows it, for many reasons. I've given my reasons for not wanting it, I'm not here to convince you, what you want is what you want, I could care less. But what I want when I buy a sim is for the game to provide a real atmosphere, to immerse me, to feel realisitc. Having bikes racing car's does the opposite of that.

live4speed
You don't see any competitions where somoen will race a bike against a car

Well, they do in the Paris-Dakar Rally.

I have to agree with you though, I 'd love to race against a car on a bike in Aracde Mode for fun but can't see a mixed field of entries in GT mode working that well - combining GT and TT in one game (if it happens) isn't a bad idea, they are essentially identical in content except for the vehicles used and the things that need fixing (i.e. A.I. improvements, more vehicles on track at once).

Pilot

Red Frog

I don't think that article you link to makes the point you want:

...the Freestyle Pro is without a doubt the best imaginable controller for a motorcycle game. Using it feels perfectly natural-the next best thing to actually holding a pair of handlebars in your hand! As you turn the controller in your hands, your bike turns proportionately. As you tilt the controller forward or backward, your on-screen rider leans forward or backwards on the bike. Words cannot adequately describe how totally intuitive this is...

Yeah, it had some technical snags, but who's to say 6 years later Nintendo and Sony won't improve on it?

:( I like to play laying down and with my wireless controller pointed all sorts of directions, I have a feeling that I'm not going to like the tilt feature. Also, I'll feel like a n00b playing - you know when someone who doesn't play video games picks up the controller to play a racing game for the first time and is moving their arms and entire body around trying to get the car to corner because they didn't brake soon enough or what-have-you - that's gonna be everyone with this tilting controller.

dbartucci
:( I like to play laying down and with my wireless controller pointed all sorts of directions...

I'm sure it's going to be like the original N64 joysticks that center themselves when you start up the game. Only you'll probably have to leave the controller on a flat, even surface for regular calibration. You, on the other hand, laying on your back or something, would just hold it in the 'neutral' position for calibration. Meaning you just hold it out while it calibrates so when the game starts you can stay on your back.

Motion sensing could be very cool if implemented well.

Not too happy that the PS3 controller won't have a vibration function - I like that when you hit the rumble strips, lose traction etc.

Pilot

Who said that every game has to use motion sensing to play it anyway? Sony certainly didn't say that.

live4speed
Who said that every game has to use motion sensing to play it anyway? Sony certainly didn't say that.

Nor did anyone say it here. I simply commented that if it comes out I don't think I'll use it/like it.

I wasn't implying anyone did say it, meerly drawing attention to the fact Sony didn't say it, should anyone not have known that and assumed otherwise ;).

Back