PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Has anyone tried the remote play on PC / Mac yet?

It works surprisingly well.

View attachment 548120
Just tried it. 720P is too much for my internet but can play anything on 540P without too many issues (although it does stutter occasionally, but it's only ever for a few seconds, and some of the sounds don't sound like they should, but that could just be my connection.

Not something I would use (as my PC is right next to my PS4) but can definitely see the usage of it.

Just tried it. 720P is too much for my internet but can play anything on 540P without too many issues (although it does stutter occasionally, but it's only ever for a few seconds, and some of the sounds don't sound like they should, but that could just be my connection.

Not something I would use (as my PC is right next to my PS4) but can definitely see the usage of it.

Yeh it's pretty nice. I'm tempted to try and use it at work tommorow via my 4G connection. Be pretty sweet if I can play PS4 games while at work. :)

I don't know if you guys saw it or not but I asked a few questions about PlayStation now on the last page. Can somebody that know about it answer those? I'm really thinking about using it. Appreciate it if so.

I don't know if you guys saw it or not but I asked a few questions about PlayStation now on the last page. Can somebody that know about it answer those? I'm really thinking about using it. Appreciate it if so.
I don't know if you can transfer saves to a PS Now game using PS+ but you can deactivate PS Now by going to Settings>Account Information>Services List and then choose PS Now and choose Cancel Automatic Renewal.

PS+ June Games

PS4:
NBA 2K16
Gone Home

PS3:
Echochrome
Siren Blood Curse (Episode 1-12)

PSVita:
Little Deviants
God of War: Chains of Olympus

May give NBA 2K16 a go but nothing else on the list interests me at all.

I guess I was right.
With the early leaks of PS+ titles for PS4.
I also might give 2k16 a try.

Yes!:D Downloading now! I hope they fix a few thing's I was having problems with like it will cut your commentary off a minute after you stop recording. Like say for example you make a 8 minute commentary video. It will actually cut off one minute of that even though you actually commentate for 8 minutes. So yea I hope that's fixed.

For those that are unaware, I just found out Season 2 of Powers is free for PS+ Members this month. Only a few days left before it's gone.

Interesting vid, the only thing the guy doesn't get is why the PS4/XB1 were not cutting edge at launch... the reason was simply cost, they wanted to release consoles which were affordable in a market that was collapsing. In some respects he is right, these upcoming consoles are the real next gen consoles we should have got years ago. Since then VR has become somewhat of a saviour for serious gaming which is why we are seeing a renascence in high end systems.

I think Sony really could have stretched out the PS3's lifecycle a couple more years. It was very powerful hardware and end of life games like Uncharted 3 and GTA V were hardly intolerable both graphically and gameplay wise! They should have waited to release the PS4 now.

I'm currently wondering what MS is up to, if it's true the Xbox One Scorpio is 4 times more powerful than the Neo Sony may have a BIG problem on their hands. Microsoft has made up hugely for the blunders with the launch of the One with BC and good titles. If people haven't bought a console yet and the Neo doesn't offer any neat incentives (like PS3 BC) then I could see people switching sides. However XB has no VR offering at the moment, Holo Lens costs $3000! :lol:

In the end 40 million PS4 users (and x million Xbone users) will end up with a second rate piece of hardware, only 3 to 4 years after they launched, which is half the lifespan of what a console should have. Ok you'll still be able to play downgraded games in the future, but IMO both Sony and MS seriously screwed up with their strategy of doing it on the cheap this time. Like he says too, where's the incentive now to not buy a PC anymore?

...Like he says too, where's the incentive now to not buy a PC anymore?
The incentive not to buy a PC is still simple for me - I have no wish to even more frequently upgrade a gaming device than that, which I likely would be if I were using a PC.

Last edited:
The incentive not to buy a PC is still simple for me - I have no wish to even more frequently upgrade a gaming device than that, which I would be if I were using a PC.
That's totally up to you though, decent graphic card can last you years too, all that it takes is putting some settings on medium for the newest games afterwards. GPU will cost you less than an entire console + peripherals.

Guys, you mentioned NBA 2K16 is free on Plus this month, yet it doesn't come up on my PS Store. Does anyone know why that would be?

Guys, you mentioned NBA 2K16 is free on Plus this month, yet it doesn't come up on my PS Store. Does anyone know why that would be?
This months free games won't show up until Tuesday.

This months free games won't show up until Tuesday.

Yeah just saw that on my PS4.:dunce::lol: Here I was thinking it was going to be a USA only thing or something.:banghead: I wonder how big the download will be, suppose I could check that later on the purchasable version anyway. If it's north of 10GB that'd take me a couple weeks of downloading overnight probably.

That's totally up to you though, decent graphic card can last you years too, all that it takes is putting some settings on medium for the newest games afterwards. GPU will cost you less than an entire console + peripherals.
True, but pretty much every PC gamer's comments I've read on this site and elsewhere, constantly state that they want to play every game on max settings, so I doubt that argument would be as widely adoptable as you might think.

I also don't think that not being able to play the VR version of a game is a downgrade - it's simply the normal version of the game. It's unlikely I'll be playing any VR simply because of vertigo - not the travel sickness variety, but full-on vertigo bouts that can last more than a day.

Which is no different to having to put up with a second class ps4/xbox1 instead of upgrading either.

Yeah just saw that on my PS4.:dunce::lol: Here I was thinking it was going to be a USA only thing or something.:banghead: I wonder how big the download will be, suppose I could check that later on the purchasable version anyway. If it's north of 10GB that'd take me a couple weeks of downloading overnight probably.
Not sure about the game install but it does say this on the PS Store "53GB minimum save size". Steam also says 50GB storage is required to start the game for PC

I really hope the game doesn't force microtransactions, especially when there's an £80 "Starter Pack" and microtransactions going up to £80 (for 450,000 "VC") as well.

Not sure about the game install but it does say this on the PS Store "53GB minimum save size". Steam also says 50GB storage is required to start the game for PC

I really hope the game doesn't force microtransactions, especially when there's an £80 "Starter Pack" and microtransactions going up to £80 (for 450,000 "VC") as well.

Looks like it's 41GB, guess I won't be getting that.:indiff: That would probably take me over 200hrs to download on my 🤬 Australian internet.

Edit: This is actually why I had to stop playing Star Wars Battlefront as well. It required an 8GB update, and while I could have done overnight downloads for a whole week it just didn't seem worth it. Australian internet is becoming a real problem for those without the NBN, and even the NBN isn't as crash hot as it was initially planned to be.👎

Last edited:
Which is no different to having to put up with a second class ps4/xbox1 instead of upgrading either.
So basically PC and consoles are now operating in the same way, only thing that differentiates the two is the advantages PC has like free online, cheaper games, backwards compatibility of pretty much everything and modding :P

So basically PC and consoles are now operating in the same way, only thing that differentiates the two is the advantages PC has like free online, cheaper games, backwards compatibility of pretty much everything and modding :P
Well, consoles have a lower initial cost compared to PC's so I guess that's one advantage they have. But let's not turn this into a PC vs console thread. :P

As apposed to inserting disc, having the game work rather than trying to find out why your graphics card isn't working with that cheaper game you bought? Although to be fair update,update and update again these days...

Yeah indeed, i had a Playstation since '95 but combining the hunt for true simulation racing games and having PS4 and Xbone looking like a commercial rip off (IMO), i'm glad i invested in a PC.

Initial cost is indeed higher as i payed 700 bucks for mine, but i'll hold on to my case for many years to come whilst upgrading it every 5 years or so and having the advantage of freedom to do with it what i want, and not being restricted to what Sony or MS have up their sleeve. Console tactics are getting less and less honorable so i'm not willing to go along with that anymore.

As apposed to inserting disc, having the game work rather than trying to find out why your graphics card isn't working with that cheaper game you bought? Although to be fair update,update and update again these days...
That's a bit of a myth though, i just download the game from steam (mostly during a sale), and start playing. Only a couple of times i had an issue which was resolved quickly by google.

It's no sort of a myth. I've had plenty of trouble getting games to work over the years. Mostly down to that not upgrading the PC thing though.

Back