PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
Anyone else having a issue with the PlayStation message app? When i press sign in to psn it just stays at the home screen and the sign into psn bar disappears.

Edit:Nevermind it works

Last edited:
Just saw this on the US site,
Can sign up for the Beta for 4.0
I just did it so I am hoping I can.

So the last 4 days my PS4 wouldn't sign in to PSN, and if I tried to manually sign in it would stay endlessly on a blue screen saying signing in with the spinning circle. I checked and all PSN features were reported to be active so I tried every trick on the internet I could find excluding the if all else fails do a factory reset. Changing the MTU and/or DNS settings had no effect and reading that a banned ISP could be the issue I eventually thought I should try signing in from my PC or mobile app as apparently you get 'not authorised' message if a ban is the cause.
Signing in from my PC the page took forever to respond and I was thinking it wasn't going to work then it did finally respond and brought up a page saying the user agreement had changed and I needed to accept it again. I had the same message just a short time ago on the PS4 and I accepted at the time and PSN was functioning fine directly afterwards.
Anyway I accepted again (on PC) and was able to sign in to PSN and setup the downloads of this months PS Plus games.
Then I tried to sign in on the PS4 again while I was still signed in on the PC and it worked straight away and my downloads started. I'm not sure if it was accepting the agreement again that fixed the problem or just actually getting signed in from somewhere on the home network that sorted it but I'm happy to be able to get my online functions back again.

Hopefully this may be helpful to somebody who is experiencing the same problem. Couldn't see any threads for PSN sign in issues but I might start one to post this into to make it easier to find if anyone goes looking for a solution.

Folders at last. Must've been a tremendous task for Sony to implement it considering the amount of time it actually took them.

Running the 4.0 beta.

- Live wallpapers are a great addition.
- The new profile page has much more information about the games you've played.
- I don't like the changes made to the 'What's New'. Everything is scaled up. I preferred the way it was in 3.55
- You can now view last log in details of people on your friends list just the way it is on the PS3.
- By holding in the ps button, it brings you to a quick menu from where you can view online friends, change your online status, adjust sound/devices and the power button. These are the default options for the quick menu but you can customise it to suit your needs. You can add groups, communities, share play, party, and broadcast.
- You now have the ability to transfer data from another PS4.
- Folders are the best thing about this update. You can now organise all your games. It makes the home screen so much neater.

Running the 4.0 beta.

- I don't like the changes made to the 'What's New'. Everything is scaled up. I preferred the way it was in 3.55
- You can now view last log in details of people on your friends list just the way it is on the PS3.
- By holding in the ps button, it brings you to a quick menu from where you can view online friends, change your online status, adjust sound/devices and the power button. These are the default options for the quick menu but you can customise it to suit your needs. You can add groups, communities, share play, party, and broadcast.
- Folders are the best thing about this update. You can now organise all your games. It makes the home screen so much neater.

Lucky.
I think I was one of the first on the Sign up for public as soon as I posted it and I didn't get in.
Unless the American one is going to be sending out later on today.

Running the 4.0 beta.

Sounds great. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a lot of video's up of people showing off the 4.0 beta. Can't wait.

Lucky.
I think I was one of the first on the Sign up for public as soon as I posted it and I didn't get in.
Unless the American one is going to be sending out later on today.

I signed up as well when the beta was announced. I received the download code at 3pm today (GMT+2). Maybe check your spam folder. You never know it might have ended up in there.

Sounds great. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a lot of video's up of people showing off the 4.0 beta. Can't wait.
Its a pity that one cant live stream what's displayed on your home screen.
I'm pretty sure the Youtubers out there are already working on their videos.

Running the 4.0 beta.

Is it true that you can now record up to 60 minutes of gameplay now instead of 15 minutes? Someone said this on reddit.

Is it true that you can now record up to 60 minutes of gameplay now instead of 15 minutes? Someone said this on reddit.
No. You can still only have 15 minutes per recording, but you can have up to 60 minutes per video on SHARE Factory, while it was only 30 minutes before.

I signed up as well when the beta was announced. I received the download code at 3pm today (GMT+2). Maybe check your spam folder. You never know it might have ended up in there.

Just got it an hour ago. I guess the playstation store had to update first. (Which is around 11 am/ 12 pm) CT

I like the folder system. At lease I can put all the games in one.
The UI doesn't seem very newish.
The quick menu for the ps button would have to get used to.

Yea i knew it. Great! 30fps doesn't bother me like that. As long as i can record 60 minutes. Hopefully sony doesn't remove it. This is a beta so things could probably be taken out if necessary. But that never happened before so i doubt it.

Not gonna lie, I think that looks hideous. :ill:

But then again, the primary intention of the Slim is to reduce production costs and lower the price to make way for the imminent Neo so function>form in this case. Hopefully the Neo looks more stylish.

PS2 slim is still the GOAT slim console

S9JOxNeh.jpg

Last edited:
Back