PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
I just got an email saying PS+ is going up.
$59.99/1 year.
$24.99/3 months
$9.99/month

Well that's just great and is the slim version of the PS4 the neo then? or it's gonna be a separate thing.

From what I have been hearing there is going to be a slim version and a neo version.
Sony said it's revealing 2 consoles in September.

PS4ssUnbox.gif

The PS4 slim design is kind of underwhelming if it is indeed real. If it turns out to be fake running with a normal PS4 under the table that would be the best faking effort I have ever seen.

I really hope the Neo doesn't look that boring, It looks like a satellite box and modem.

There has been chatter or rather hope that the Neo looks like Sony's new home theatre design language.

Sony-BDV-N5200W-2.jpg

61FSaWpxoIL._SL1500_.jpg

714W1M2n3hL._SL1200_.jpg

The PS4 slim design is kind of underwhelming if it is indeed real. If it turns out to be fake running with a normal PS4 under the table that would be the best faking effort I have ever seen.

It could very easily pass off as a rejected member of the Apple product line. Apple TV Pro maybe? :lol:

^ Now that is a good looking piece of hardware. Sony does hire some decent designers after all! :rolleyes:

Or just designers adept at ripping off Bang & Olufsen's famous designs from the 70's and 80's ;)

You were maybe expecting a top end re-design for what is essentially a budget unit? ;) I like the rounded corners, personally speaking

It's still a £200+ machine which is hardly budget, the One S looks pretty good considering the price point. Besides, just because something is cheap doesn't mean it can't have some kind of character. Even the final PS1/2/3 had more interesting designs.

It reminds me of an Amazon Fire TV box, but that's forgivable with Amazon because they have no style!

It will always be a subjective matter I suppose - I mean for me the One S just looks like a 70s door-bell chime box if you mount it on the wall.

It does have a 70's look to it but it does have it's charm and interesting detailing IMO. Stood vertically it wouldn't look out of place as a tower block in from that era. Reminds me of Jardine House.

4a691da0e819e.jpg

Last edited:

I really hope the Neo doesn't look that boring, It looks like a satellite box and modem.

There has been chatter or rather hope that the Neo looks like Sony's new home theatre design language.

The Neo will look like the slim just a bit thicker, it wouldn't make much sense to have 2 different designs, this way they can reuse most parts of the slim for the new flagship console. Which is very cost efficient. The slim most likely also has a 14/16 nm chip already seeing how small it is and even the cooling vents are rather small.

If you look at the slim they have the usb ports re arranged already and omitted seemingly the optical out, it makes sense they use this design also in the Neo for a possibly better cooling solution or whatever they want to fit there. Slim and Neo most likely share the same motherboard.

The leaks from the Foxconn worker also suggest this. He drew the slim months ago, pretty much exactly how it really turned out and he says Neo will be the same design, but about 3 centimeters thicker.

Personally I really like this design, I just hope they'll have an optical out in the Neo, since I need one for my 5.1 surround system.

I have seen the leaked new PS4 video. Looks good to me with the rounded edges. The default one was also good looking and compact to begin with. Definitely PS4 will get a price drop. I suspect PS4.5 will be much bigger and around 450$

Err, can someone check something for me please? I really don't know where to ask, but since discussion here usually is civil maybe it's not a too bad place to ask...?

I just noticed my PS4 just started to open a port on my router and it's not closing it after turning it off. I have remote play and everything else like download in background, etc. off. Never had it on to begin with. So I don't know what's causing this?
I could swear it never did this before. I don't even play online games with the PS4...

So could someone check in their router after turning the PS4 off, if there are any ports still open?
I don't know, maybe it's a bug or something, but it's really kinda scary to me...

Playstation Now is now available for PCs. The good news is that for your $20 USD, you can play up to 500 games, the bad news is that it is incompatible with Xbox One or 360 controllers, but only DS4 controllers work.

I'm subscribing on Friday.

Playstation Now is now available for PCs. The good news is that for your $20 USD, you can play up to 500 games, the bad news is that it is incompatible with Xbox One or 360 controllers, but only DS4 controllers work.

I'm subscribing on Friday.

Actually, you can use the Xbone controller. After all, the buttons on it correspond rather nicely with the DS4. I've already tried playing a few titles with one. But there aren't any motion controls.

And speaking of PS Now... the service is okay. But honestly I would just get a cheap PS3 Slim (which I'm planning to do).

Source: The Verge (by way of Eurogamer)

There will be a big Playstation meeting in New York tomorrow, and the big fish that is on the pole is the formal reveal of the Playstation Neo. Media is hoping that the reveal will be more promising than Microsoft when they revealed Project Scorpio at E3 this year, but the rumor of the reveal is nice to see.

In other news, the Playstation 4 Slim is to be unveiled at the event tomorrow, and here is the first picture of the new console:

PS4SlimEurogamer.0.jpeg

They also promise an upgraded redesign of the DualShock 4 and new titles.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/6/12752668/sony-playstation-4-event-preview-slim-neo-new-controller

Rumor Patrol: Playstation 4 will be called Playstation 4 'Forever Edition'. Games and movies will play in (or be upscaled to) 4K, "baked in Playstation Plus" (whatever that means) and will feature upgradable components.

Rumored to be upgradable (Playstation branded components obviously excluding the hard drive), Hard Drive (it is slated to come with an SSD drive), GPU and GDDR5 RAM.

Interesting rumour. Surely they would call it Playstation Forever Edition and drop the 4 however. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Best Buy PS4 bundle with
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Platinum Wireless Headset for $299, available September 15

And it's gone....I should have ordered one, didn't think it'll be over so soon. This was the new slim also.

Last edited:
Back