PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
image.jpeg

For the last few weeks I've been getting this error when uploading videos longer than 15 minutes and 'verifying my account' just brings me to a screen that says it's already been verified. Anyone know a way to fix it? I've tried unlinking and relinking my account both on PS4 AND Desktop but nothing has worked thus far

Dilemma, Dilemma guys do I go PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro? I currently have $300 saved up and I'm willing to save up the extra $100 if it's worth it and from research it seems like it will be but, I want the good ol' GTPlanet Members opinion on what I should do..

My personal opinion would be to go for the PS4 Pro.

Ps4 pro all the way. I've had one since launch day and have no regrets at all. :)

Same as this.
Then it's settled! I'll save up $100 more dollars and I'll join the PS4 Pro Club!!! Woot woot! :cheers::) Currently I'm still on PS3 so this will be the best time for me to upgrade and I might aswell upgrade to the best ps4 system available

As a general PSA: The Playstation Store for EU has a BOGOF deal at the moment.

...problem is they've increased the prices for most of the games from what the prices were before the promotion. The Order 1886 was £35 before the Black Friday deals where it reached £10. Now it's included in this promotion it sits at a lofty £45.

Don't buy into it.

Then it's settled! I'll save up $100 more dollars and I'll join the PS4 Pro Club!!! Woot woot! :cheers::) Currently I'm still on PS3 so this will be the best time for me to upgrade and I might aswell upgrade to the best ps4 system available

Upgrading from the PS3 to a PS4 pro is going to be like being sprinkled in the eyeballs with fairy dust :lol:, the quality of the graphics is still blowing me away :cheers:

Is it a good idea to trade in my 500GB PS4 for the PS4 Pro? We don't have a 4K TV, and probably won't be planning to get one until next year or the year after.

Is it a good idea to trade in my 500GB PS4 for the PS4 Pro? We don't have a 4K TV, and probably won't be planning to get one until next year or the year after.
probably not since you already have one it if you plan to get a 4K tv soon then you should trade out your ps4 for a pro when you're getting the 4K tv

Red Dead Redemption AND Undead Nightmare are now available on PS4... if you have PSNow

I would stay away from it if it's anything like OnLive...
I tried the free trial when it first launched and while my internet isn't the best it was still decent enough to play. Pretty sure it wasn't even 720P though and I was only able to play games on it when internet usage was at it's lowest and is DEFINITELY NOT something I would ever pay for. Microsoft's way of just letting us put a disc in and download a ready to play version (or at least that's how I think it works) instead of needing to pay for some stupid premium service on top of Playstation Plus.

PS Now isn't a very good service past the 7 day free trial. Even if your internet is fast the stream still looks compressed and to take into account of input lag.

PS Now isn't a very good service past the 7 day free trial. Even if your internet is fast the stream still looks compressed and to take into account of input lag.
This. I just feel like game streaming isn't a very good idea right now.

I am thinking of trading in my CUH-1200 PS4 for the PS4 Slim.. The CUH-1200 has got the dreaded vacuum fan now.

View attachment 610768

For the last few weeks I've been getting this error when uploading videos longer than 15 minutes and 'verifying my account' just brings me to a screen that says it's already been verified. Anyone know a way to fix it? I've tried unlinking and relinking my account both on PS4 AND Desktop but nothing has worked thus far
Iirc you need a partnership account or something like that for videos longer than 15 minutes.

Iirc you need a partnership account or something like that for videos longer than 15 minutes.
Except before it let me upload videos with no limits on the length. And it sometimes lets me upload a video over 15 minutes but then it soon goes back to asking for verification after about an hour or 2.

Is anybody having game update issues? star wars and gta wont update,says i need to free up more space. I have 33gb free. Battlefield updated fine though.Really weird.

Is anybody having game update issues? star wars and gta wont update,says i need to free up more space. I have 33gb free. Battlefield updated fine though.Really weird.
Even if you have 33Gb free, it might require that you have 50Gb free - though that would be a lot. The download usually states how much space it wants you to have, I'm not saying that this is the case, but before I got a 2Tb drive, it would regularly tell me a similar story.

Note: the amount it requires isn't usually anywhere near the amount it will use.

Same. 37gb free, destiny update wouldn't download. Chose a game I haven't played for a while, 25 gb, deleted it, destiny update downloads. Size of destiny update? 2 gb. :boggled: Very strange.

Same. 37gb free, destiny update wouldn't download. Chose a game I haven't played for a while, 25 gb, deleted it, destiny update downloads. Size of destiny update? 2 gb. :boggled: Very strange.
Glad its not just me, how long have you had this issue? Did you report it? I think it must be a ps4 firmware bug.

Didn't report it. Strange thing is I bought Dirt Rally when it was on offer. Downloaded no problem. Then an update for Elder Scrolls Online wouldn't download so I deleted Dirt Rally and the the update worked. Then I downloaded Dirt Rally again with no problem.

I've never had this small amount (30 odd GB) size available before. Maybe a new Hard Drive is required. 500GB was never likely to be big enough.

Speaking of hard drive size...

I bought a 2TB replacement, and decided to do the surgery tonight. I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason it's taken me hours is because I'm working with a Mac desktop instead of a PC.

Prior to starting, I pushed all my saves to the cloud (in hindsight, this saved me). I then copied all of them to a USB (formatted properly), and did a backup to the same USB (though ignoring game data, acknowledging that I'd have to reinstall a lot of things). So far, so good.

The entire process — which was done via a how-to video @Mike_grpA showed me — went off without a hitch. Until it came time to insert the USB with the initialization file. I plugged it in... and it was blank. Very strange, since it had just accepted the other files only a few minutes before hand. I took it over to the Mac, and Finder told me the amount of used space lined up with what was on there, but no files could be found. I tried showing hidden files, and got nothing. I'd try to create a new folder, and it'd disappear before I could rename it.

Begrudgingly, I reformat the USB, put the install file on, and set up the new HD. It works just fine. I figure I can swap the original back in to grab the files again. The PS4 doesn't like that, saying it can't boot up, and asking for another initialization. I accept that my files are now gone. Swap the 2TB back in, load the thing up, and begin setting everything back up the way I had it. Also set up a queue of downloads that should take well into next week to finish (really need to talk to our provider about these supposed fibre optic speeds).

If this is what I can look forward to, I'm not sure I'll ever upgrade to a Pro, just because I don't want to do it all over.

Speaking of hard drive size...

I bought a 2TB replacement, and decided to do the surgery tonight. I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason it's taken me hours is because I'm working with a Mac desktop instead of a PC.

Prior to starting, I pushed all my saves to the cloud (in hindsight, this saved me). I then copied all of them to a USB (formatted properly), and did a backup to the same USB (though ignoring game data, acknowledging that I'd have to reinstall a lot of things). So far, so good.

The entire process — which was done via a how-to video @Mike_grpA showed me — went off without a hitch. Until it came time to insert the USB with the initialization file. I plugged it in... and it was blank. Very strange, since it had just accepted the other files only a few minutes before hand. I took it over to the Mac, and Finder told me the amount of used space lined up with what was on there, but no files could be found. I tried showing hidden files, and got nothing. I'd try to create a new folder, and it'd disappear before I could rename it.

Begrudgingly, I reformat the USB, put the install file on, and set up the new HD. It works just fine. I figure I can swap the original back in to grab the files again. The PS4 doesn't like that, saying it can't boot up, and asking for another initialization. I accept that my files are now gone. Swap the 2TB back in, load the thing up, and begin setting everything back up the way I had it. Also set up a queue of downloads that should take well into next week to finish (really need to talk to our provider about these supposed fibre optic speeds).

If this is what I can look forward to, I'm not sure I'll ever upgrade to a Pro, just because I don't want to do it all over.
You know that ps4 download speeds are not proper. The speed test is never close to your actual speeds. Putting ps4 into standby mode speeds up downloads...alot.

Back