PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
VXR
The trouble is, it's all next year. It's had a pretty lean year this year, from my casual observation. I spent 2014 jealous as heck, but this year has been much easier having an XBO only.

True, it's been a good year for me but I agree 2015 has been lackluster for PS4 exclusives.

But 2016 is looking really good, what I disagree with is they're losing momentum, I mean it must be pretty good bar when a conference with games like Rez, Ni No Kuni,Ratchet and Clank, FF7, UC4, NI OH,Ace Combat is considered terrible :lol:

True, it's been a good year for me but I agree 2015 has been lackluster for PS4 exclusives.

But 2016 is looking really good, what I disagree with is they're losing momentum, I mean it must be pretty good bar when a conference with games like Rez, Ni No Kuni,Ratchet and Clank, FF7, UC4, NI OH,Ace Combat is considered terrible :lol:

They're either remakes, sequels or reboots. Xbox One isn't any better on that front, although it does seem to get less remasters. Where's the next TLoU, something that comes out of nowhere and blows everyone away? Playstation seems to be the go-to brand for that sort of thing, but I feel it's lacking at the minute.

VXR
They're either remakes, sequels or reboots. Xbox One isn't any better on that front, although it does seem to get less remasters. Where's the next TLoU, something that comes out of nowhere and blows everyone away? Playstation seems to be the go-to brand for that sort of thing, but I feel it's lacking at the minute.

Until Dawn this year, next year I'm guessing Horizon. Also Bend and Sucker Punch are working on new IPs.

But to be fair TLOU is almost impossible to recreate such a brilliant game but I have high hopes for UC4.

Two years in and neither console are really desirable to me still. I know I've not got a massively varied taste in games but I also feel like there really isn't a lot of great unique games available right now. If I were to go and buy a PS4 today the only games I'd be interested in would be:

Driveclub
Arkham Knight
Just Cause 3

That is literally it. Everything else I'm either not interested in or I've already played them on PS3 or PC. There are more games on the horizon but yeah, I don't see me buying a PS4 or One until mid next year at the earliest. Where are all the racing games? I've already got pCARS on PC, Driveclub above, there has seemingly been nothing else decent in two years. NFS and The Crew are supposedly pretty bad.

Some good games coming though, what I'm interested in:

Assetto Corsa
Dirt Rally
GT Sport (hopefully)
Horizon Zero Dawn (maybe)
Uncharted 4
Mass Effect Andromeda
Hitman
Mafia III
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Much better looking. This time next year might be the time to buy.

Have you seen what they announced this year? better yet have you seen their 2016 line up? I know everyone has their own taste but man people have been calling this year "The year of dreams" because of everything getting announced.
Year of dreams maybe a bit over-exaggerated for me personally.

Games I'm interested in(exclusives wise) for next year:
-Gran Turismo Sport
-Uncharted 4
-The Last Guardian(Not even confirmed for 2016)
-Street Fighter V
-New Everybody's Golf
-Yakuza 0

NNK2 won't be till 2017 surely?

So looked up why a 2.0 drive was talking 25 minutes to copy a 5mb file on the PS4 and i found out you need to formatted to exFAT :dopey: i had it on FAT32

Now its fast just 15 seconds to copy a 20mb file :bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:

Year of dreams maybe a bit over-exaggerated for me personally.

Games I'm interested in(exclusives wise) for next year:
-Gran Turismo Sport
-Uncharted 4
-The Last Guardian(Not even confirmed for 2016)
-Street Fighter V
-New Everybody's Golf
-Yakuza 0

NNK2 won't be till 2017 surely?

Don't think they've announced a date for it but probably 2017.

I think TLG is set for 2016.

Any JRPGs coming out anytime soon? Got unexpected money and considering getting a PS4, but so far the only PS4 exclusive I'm interested in so far is DriveClub... which is worth $470.

The only thing I ask out of Namco is for a better camera during combat in Tales of Berseria. Camera could get kinda annoying in Tales of Zestiria...

Any JRPGs coming out anytime soon? Got unexpected money and considering getting a PS4, but so far the only PS4 exclusive I'm interested in so far is DriveClub... which is worth $470.
Disgaea 5 is fantastic if you like SJRPGs.

Is this normal? Just finished playing MC when back on the UI the system just turn off by itself???
There are sleep settings, but it will warn you before going into a power-down. Updates are the only other time the system will power off by itself.

Ok so i bought a ps4, grear huh? i should be excited to play it right? well i cant because sony are asking me to verify my email but i am not recieving any email from them. A google search shows i am not the only one with this problem but sony are playing it down like its only a handfull of people. 40quid for psn and they cant even send me an email, why would i have any faith in psn?

Ok so i bought a ps4, grear huh? i should be excited to play it right? well i cant because sony are asking me to verify my email but i am not recieving any email from them. A google search shows i am not the only one with this problem but sony are playing it down like its only a handfull of people. 40quid for psn and they cant even send me an email, why would i have any faith in psn?
I'm guessing you have checked your spam folder...just in case.

I'm guessing you have checked your spam folder...just in case.
I have indeed, Its seriously annoying i cant do anything at the moment. I currently have a very expensive doorstop, This is unnacpetable to me, I pays my money i expect to be playing within 30 minutes of opening the box. I've looked on their twitter and its just all "we're looking into it", Youve had a bloody year to look into it. This is the kind of stuff that is turning me away from gaming along with needing to be signed in to play my games.

I have indeed, Its seriously annoying i cant do anything at the moment. I currently have a very expensive doorstop, This is unnacpetable to me, I pays my money i expect to be playing within 30 minutes of opening the box. I've looked on their twitter and its just all "we're looking into it", Youve had a bloody year to look into it. This is the kind of stuff that is turning me away from gaming along with needing to be signed in to play my games.

from what I'm hearing, it's a common issue due to the load on christmas.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles @lancia delta hf if does sound like extream load after the holidays with new people getting PS4's and PS3's.

On another note my fiancée bought me a PS4 this year. I've been using my old mans since launch and while I didn't have a console on my mind for a present its a very nice and welcome one.

She got me the 1tb version. Soive been moving my saves over and installing my games and doing the obligatory patches. It fits in perfectly with the other entertainment bits.

It's bottom right below the Wii U.

image.jpeg

Back