PlayStation 5 Release Date and Price Officially Announced

I don't expect native PS5 or XBSX games to fare any better than PS4 or XBone games did on their original hardware

Apart from being rendered in 4x the resolution? These consoles are basically a step up to rendering in native 4K with decent visuals (apart from the Xbox Series S at 1440p)

Last edited:
Sony also seems to be gatekeeping save backup behind a PS+ subscription this generation, like Nintendo has been.

Last edited:
That’s not as bad as target. Looks like they will be shipping it Wednesday or Thursday. So much for release date delivery. If I get it this week I’ll be happy anyway though.

I don't have any details yet, but it says arriving by Nov 12th.

I got the call from my gamestop saying that my PS5 will be in on Thursday.
Which I was surprised since mine was supposed to be a week later.
So I guess after work I go straight there to get it.

Yeah, PS5 launch's looking pretty good: Miles Morales, Demon's Souls, PS+ collection with a few titles I'm looking forward to, and R&C + GT7 coming in the next half a year or so. Also all the cross-gen titles looking good.

Does it what! I'll be grabbing the Ultimate Edition (because I haven't played the previous game) tomorrow when I pick up my shiny new PS5 :D
I was thinking about Ultimate Edition, but seems like gameplay wise it's not too different from MM and with all the other PS4 games I still have to play through I will save that $20 and use it for another game coming up soon.

Well my console isn't here until next Thursday (19th) but I'd say they've done a pretty good job with the marketing/hype.

Seen PS5 and Miles Morales ad's on the buses in my town and the launch list of games available is excellent though I am not buying any launch tiles as everything I will have a PS5 edition for is on digital Free Upgrade from PS4 so the only game from launch I will have is Bugsnax thanks to the free PS Plus announcement. :cheers:

Tis the only generation of console I have actually got one for launch day (providing it's delivered on the day of course :dunce:) but I would say 2021 is gonna be the start of the 'good games season'.

Am I the only one who isn't that hyped for Miles Morales? I enjoyed Spiderman but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it; it's mostly the same thing over and over until you reach a boss battle when the camera ruins the whole experience. The Rhino/Scorpion fight made me want to throw my PS4 out of the window.

I mean it looks like an alright game, one of those good enough to buy on launch day to test out the new equipment deals.

Has anybody received any shipping updates?

I mean it looks like an alright game, one of those good enough to buy on launch day to test out the new equipment deals.

I chose to pick mine up from the store in the hope of preventing delivery delays. It worked out well as the store sent me a text last night saying it's ready to pick up today. They open in a little over an 1.5 hours here :D

I ordered from Target and it looks like the worst out of all of the possible places. Still says “preparing for shipment” and an estimate of November 18. I hope something changes soon. Will be a bit upset as I got the order in within the first half hour or so of them opening up. There was no option for express shipping or store pickup either...

I ordered from Target and it looks like the worst out of all of the possible places. Still says “preparing for shipment” and an estimate of November 18. I hope something changes soon. Will be a bit upset as I got the order in within the first half hour or so of them opening up. There was no option for express shipping or store pickup either...

I wouldn't trust the store site for an accurate estimate. Some people on reddit are saying that they have preparing status on walmart.com, but they have activity on their fedex account.

My Step-Daughter picked hers(Digital) up mid morning. Says the system is huge. I couldn't tell from the pics Hasn't tried her BC games yet.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust the store site for an accurate estimate. Some people on reddit are saying that they have preparing status on walmart.com, but they have activity on their fedex account.
Looks like you were right! Half an hour ago I finally got tracking number, now it just showed up in FedEx system with estimated delivery date of tomorrow! Fingers crossed...It’s ground shipping and coming from Indiana, so I’ll be surprised if actually true, but hope so.

Well one week to go for me here in the UK before shipping details but I expect an email around Tuesday/Wednesday to hopefully say consoles on route.

Till then I'll be in the Borderlands grinding another two characters up before transfer to PS5, 👍

I think I managed to bag one thats scheduled to be shipped out in mid to late December... It's odd though, what happened was that on launch day, a few Australian outlets had the opportunity to put a few more up for grabs. Of course, literally every store was bereft of stock within 5 minutes, and I tried to get one but the two websites I tried were just unresponsive due to traffic.

About an hour and a half later, on a whim I decided to check amazon and found that I was able to order one! So I did, and I got a confirmation email from them, and an order ticket and everything, only to find out that amazon had put their stock up for grabs at the same time as the others and had also sold out almost immediately.

So I'm like, how the heck did I manage to snag one an hour and a half late? Everyone reported that the listing on amazon had immediately disappeared when they ran out of stock, but I found it up an hour and a half later? It's definitely the official amazon Australia seller, and I have an order confirmation on my amazon account. But they also haven't charged me yet. Very confusing...

I will be picking mine up in about 12 hours or less.
Have to make a semi unplanned stop before getting it.
At lease it will be back to how it was and everything is golden.
Of course then back onto my routines.

Picked mine up this arvo and here’s my opening thoughts.
- It’s a chonk. Seriously, the thing would be around a third bigger than a PS4.
- The supplied game does a great job of familiarising you with the controller and keeping you busy until your first download finishes. It’s fun and is full of PS Easter eggs.
- The new vibration and adaptive triggers are very impressive. I wasn’t entirely convinced by the marketing, but after playing around with it, the feeling is great and the gameplay based opportunities are endless.
- Graphics on Spider-Man in 4K are unbelievable. The textures and animation are the best I’ve personally experienced. Period. I was in NYC early this year and they have really nailed it,
- Minecraft (PS4 edition) boots much faster and is way smoother to play compared to standard PS4. This isn’t the most taxing game going around, so I expect the improvement to be magnified for the likes of GTA, GTS, etc.
- The R1 button on my controller got a bit sticky for a while but seems to have cleared itself up. Minor thing, but thought worth mentioning in case anyone else has something similar.
- Cross platform (PS4-PS5) chat is a thing, as is online gaming. Downloads seem faster (but only 1 game at a time?) and the UI is simple, pretty and responsive.
- The controller has a speaker and a Mic which you can use for party chat. Volume is about right on the speaker and mic clarity is pretty good according to my mates I was talking too. Not as good as my usual PS4 turtle beach, but definitely good enough.

Overall, stoked with the console and very excited for what this generation has in store!

Last edited:
I didn't receive an email, but the shipment information on the site updated. It shipped from Kentucky yesterday and is pretty close currently.

I saw signature required initially, but can't find it anymore.

Looks like you were right! Half an hour ago I finally got tracking number, now it just showed up in FedEx system with estimated delivery date of tomorrow! Fingers crossed...It’s ground shipping and coming from Indiana, so I’ll be surprised if actually true, but hope so.
Dang it. Looks like it’s not happening today. FedEx still shows only “label created” and I just saw a FedEx truck drive down the street. Hopefully it gets here tomorrow.

Not so sure If I like the built in mic on the controller. If it’s on by default that could be very annoying, there are tons of mic spamming idiots.

Last edited:
Back