PlayStation 5 Will Support Your PlayStation 4 Driving Wheels

Attachments

• IMG_20200804_063139.jpg
    IMG_20200804_063139.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 59
I'm not impressed, not the least. So Sony decided not to block PS4 wheels on PS5, that is the least a consumer can expect. But what about the PS3 wheels they blocked on PS4 without any reason and are still fully compatible? I'm certainly not changing my Fanatec CSW for CSL. And probably not buying PS5 and GT7 either if it's still not supported.

I'm not impressed, not the least. So Sony decided not to block PS4 wheels on PS5, that is the least a consumer can expect. But what about the PS3 wheels they blocked on PS4 without any reason and are still fully compatible? I'm certainly not changing my Fanatec CSW for CSL. And probably not buying PS5 and GT7 either if it's still not supported.
If the confirmation comes through about drivehub compatibility on ps5 that might be an option????

Rjo
If the confirmation comes through about drivehub compatibility on ps5 that might be an option????
I've played GTS with drivehub. It works only in default compatibility mode, no difference to my old G25 with a 1000 € wheel. I've tried in the native mode with CSL selected when they added it, but that didn't work at all. The wheel acted like keypad arrows, only had 3 positions (left/straight/right). I haven't tried since.

I run a CSW2.5 via drivehub on my ps4. I run in it in compatibility mode. There's nohting wrong with that mode. I just feels way smoother and refined than my G25.

You shouldn't let yourself fool by the term compatibility mode. I admit, I also did initially before buying. While during my research I can confirm that that mode leaves nothing te be desired in terms of FF effects.

Next question is, will XB1 wheels be compatible with XBSX???
"Microsoft already made a similar announcement so all current console products in our portfolio are future proof." Well, except the Club Sport Wheel, which is locked out of PS. Hopefully the Fanatec Xbox hub is compatible as well, as that one works with current Xbox generation.

I run a CSW2.5 via drivehub on my ps4. I run in it in compatibility mode. There's nohting wrong with that mode. I just feels way smoother and refined than my G25.

You shouldn't let yourself fool by the term compatibility mode. I admit, I also did initially before buying. While during my research I can confirm that that mode leaves nothing te be desired in terms of FF effects.
Well, if I can call FM7 a simulator with good FFB setup, but get a "smooth ride" in GTS with all the detail ironed out, then why would I even want to go back to GTS.

When they say "support", do they mean they will actually WORK? My T500 is currently unusable with ACC on the PS4.
T500 is not an official PS4 wheel, it's probably explain why buttons SHARE & OPTIONS are not working on this wheel and why it has some issues in some PS4 games.

I answered this on the Fanatec forum but I'll put it here too:

PS4 (and PS5) compatibility depends on the wheel base. In our range, there are two PS4/PS5-compatible wheel bases:

• The Podium Wheel Base "DD1 PS4" (only available as part of the Podium Racing Wheel F1 package)
  • The CSL Elite Wheel Base + (available in multiple packages, including the CSL Elite Racing Wheel and CSL Elite F1 Set)
When you use one of these bases, any* Fanatec peripheral you attach to it will also become PS4/PS5 compatible. So that includes all our pedals.

*there are a couple of exceptions in terms of steering wheels, mainly due to current firmware limitations, please check the individual steering wheel product pages for details.
Dom, you are the reason I will only buy Fanatec gear.

Thank you for jumping into this thread without anybody even having to prompt you to do it. Hats off to you.

For G29 case it's still not 100% sure, as said on the blog, ps5 will support but needs to be confirmed with the manufacturer.

It seems that Logitech will announce a new wheel, making me fear that they will make a move similar to the g27 -> g29. (drop support of the old to make only the new one work with the next gen).

I hope i am wrong and the g29 continues to work on ps5. :bowdown:

Official language time!

As you know, the Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and Pedals is compatible with PlayStation 4 and PC

The G29 will also work with PlayStation 5* when the console launches this holiday season.

*The Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and Pedals is developed under the official licensing program for PlayStation®. It is officially licensed for PlayStation 4 and will work with PlayStation 5 subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval.

Last edited:
Official language time!

As you know, the Logitech G29 Racing Wheel and Pedals is compatible with PlayStation 4 and PC

The G29 will also work with PlayStation 5* when the console launches this holiday season.

*The Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals is developed under the official licensing program for PlayStation®. It is officially licensed for PlayStation 4 and will work with PlayStation 5 subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval.

Logitech G923 is not the G29, so where it says that the G29 will work with the PS5?, I think we didn't get any confirmation from Logitech about that.

Logitech G923 is not the G29, so where it says that the G29 will work with the PS5?, I think we didn't get any confirmation from Logitech about that.

Logi_Rich is form Logitech, so he should know it when he says "The G29 will also work with PlayStation 5* when the console launches this holiday season.".

G923 is the new wheel.

T500 is not an official PS4 wheel, it's probably explain why buttons SHARE & OPTIONS are not working on this wheel and why it has some issues in some PS4 games.

True, but ACC is not really an "official: PS4 game to start with - it's a PC game that has been ported to Xbox & PS4. The T500 works fine with most PS4 games, but not at all with ACC. If the same thing is true with the PS5, then PS4 wheels may work OK with some PS5 games but not with others.

That's great news. Not only do I have a wheel that's backwards compatible with PS3, but its compatible with PS5 as well. Its the Christmas gift that keeps on giving 👍

Now if only I can get a damn desk for it...

True, but ACC is not really an "official: PS4 game to start with - it's a PC game that has been ported to Xbox & PS4. The T500 works fine with most PS4 games, but not at all with ACC. If the same thing is true with the PS5, then PS4 wheels may work OK with some PS5 games but not with others.
It is also down to the game developer which wheels they support, AC on PS4 doesn't support any PS4 Fanatec wheels, they work but the FFB is terrible.

I have a Fanatec wheel (CSL Elite PS4), play both AC and ACC, and the FFB is pretty good actually.
I have a CSW 2.5/Drivehub and a friend has a CSL E PS4 we both complained about the slow vague FFB and gave up on the game, I then discovered no Fanatec wheels were on the supported list so I tried the Drivehub in Logitech mode on AC and it was awesome.

I still haven’t bought a wheel yet for PS4. And while the backwards compatibility potential sounds reassuring, I feel that it might be better for me to save up for a next generation wheel instead. If anything, this is great news for those that have already invested heavily in wheels.

Latest Posts

Back