PlayStation 5 Will Support Your PlayStation 4 Driving Wheels

Hey. My T300RS is not working on PS5. Is there an update that is supposed to come out for it to work?
On my side the T300 works perfectly with the PS5 (tested on GT Sport / Project Cars 3 / Assetto Corsa Competizione & F1 2020). Don't forget to put the switch of the base on PS4 position (before plugging the USB) and to connect the wheel to your profil with the PS button of the wheel.

Important Reminder: Currently the PlayStation 5 versions of WRC 9 & DiRT 5 don't support any steering wheels (they will add this support soon with an update of the game).

Yes all the PS4-compatible CSL Elite Wheel Bases are "+" bases.

Originally the PlayStation-licensed CSL Elite wheel base was only available with a steering wheel (known as a "Racing Wheel" package). The included wheel base was already the 'Wheel Base +' but not referred to in this way until the standalone option became available.

The advancement you are referring to is probably over the original CSL Elite Wheel Base (with the mosaic pattern on the front, now known as the 'V1'), which is discontinued.
I just caved in and ordered the CSL Elite servo +official Playstation 4 wheel along with the loadcell pedal brakes, the CSL elite shifter and the handbrake.
Oh and the newest WRC rim.

Currently running a g25 with gimx via pi on a PS4. With Amazon doing g29 for £160 trying to work out if should just pull the trigger and get one in readiness for a ps5

Anyone attempted to use a G27 with the PS5 yet? Wondering if the adapters that make the G27 work on the PS4 also work for the PS5.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on August 3rd, 2020 in the Hardware category.
This is a fantastic new, we have only to buy console and be ready. I bought a T300RS 6 years ago and still works fine. Black friday November 27 I saw T300 with special price ( 249 euros ) and get it. In 2014 I paid 309 Euros. Now I have two steering wheel, I will move PS4 and T300 in another room, and PS5 and new T300 will be placed in my own room. Can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can go the the thrustmaster facebook page.and make a petition for the t500rs to work in ps5.just like they did in ps4.the more we are the to request they will listen.

And is there a petition for it I Will help for my t500 rs I.am pist of not working on ps5 ps4 noproblem th old cheap ass g29 support to why not the high end wheel of t500rs ********
We can go the the thrustmaster facebook page.and make a petition for the t500rs to work in ps5.just like they did in ps4.the more we are the to request they will listen.
Hi holla is there a facebook page for t500rs petition I Will sign up why is the 500rs not compatibel and the cheap ass g27.29 small ..... wheel I.am pist of trustmaster as it not working in the future

S rry for my bad eng I.am disappointed 😞 and i will play gt7 🥺

And is there a petition for it I Will help for my t500 rs I.am pist of not working on ps5 ps4 noproblem th old cheap ass g29 support to why not the high end wheel of t500rs ********

S rry for my bad eng I.am disappointed 😞 and i will play gt7 🥺
T500 is a PS3 licenced wheel. Sony does not support PS3 hardware on PS5.

Official T500 support on PS5 is never going to happen.

sadly does not work with GT7 on PS5. i don't get it why they don't support this wheel tbh since it isn't bad or something, it's still great if you have it
It's quite easy.
From the PS4 onwards, all controllers, wheels etc. have to have a certain security chip to work with the console. Since the T500 is older, it does not have that.

Early PS4 games had the option to support the wheel, but even then it worked in game only and you couldn't use it in the PS4 menu.
As time goes on, developers have to ask themselves if it makes sense to still do this, as the user base of the T500 will only get smaller. Therefore it hasn't been supported in recent games.

Back