PlayStation 5 Will Support Your PlayStation 4 Driving Wheels

It seems that the T500RS will not be supported on the PS5.
https://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/...sed-ps4-racing-wheels-and-joysticks-ready-ps5

GQOXHzU.png
Ouuch!

Already message thrustmaster,they say they will foward it.ok guys and gals,if we message them owners have a t500rs.maybe we could reconsider them to include,our beloved t500rs.wish us luck.

I'm rocking a G27 w/cronusmax plus on a PS4. Doubt that will still be functional for a PS5 though. I'm not really wanting to buy a new wheel set. GT7 better be super duper awesomeness!

Soon we all will know if the T500 works... Some people wants to buy my T500 but, i don't know if i want to sell it, especially if it works on PS5.:dopey:

Last edited:
Yeah, i know, but the T500 works on PS4 games, don't it? =D

Put i'm not put my bets on it.
A drivehub will make it work if not, the only game on PS4 that currently doesn’t work is ACC, although they say they’re trying to fix it. For some reason, probably because it was the official wheel of GT at the time, t500 was allowed to be used on PS4.

There’s no real reason why the old wheels don’t work on console anymore, it was a money grabbing tactic. They all still work on PC, it’s just in console land we go lumbered with this BS “security chip”. I hope this doesn’t carry over the the next gen, seeing as they are very PC like in their architecture.

Any word if drivehub will be ps5 compatibles?

I would really love to hear that Drivehub will work on the PS5. Playing GT Sport with CSW 2.5 was an amazing experience.

I run a CSW2.5 via drivehub on my ps4. I run in it in compatibility mode. There's nothing wrong with that mode. I just feels way smoother and refined than my G25.

You shouldn't let yourself fool by the term compatibility mode. I admit, I also did initially before buying. While during my research I can confirm that that mode leaves nothing te be desired in terms of FF effects.

Seems from the drivehub thread that first issues have popped up on PS5. Drivehub worked on PS4, but it's timing out on PS5. If you're like me, you thought anything that currently works would also work on PS5 but all along it was said that any PS4 licensed peripheral will still work on PS5.

Last edited:
Seems from the drivehub thread that first issues have popped up on PS5. Drivehub worked on PS4, but it's timing out on PS5. If you're like me, you thought anything that currently works would also work on PS5 but all along it was said that any PS4 licensed peripheral will still work on PS5.

I am aware. I hope it get fixed for the ps5 and it remains available for the ps4.

So the servo is not but the wheel is?
No, there are two (three if you count the DD2) different bases. The one you can buy without a wheel (DD1) is not supported at all.
1.png

The one with the F1 wheel and base together is an officially supported wheel and base with the security chip in the base. This way you can still use other Fanatec rims while retaining PS4/5 compatibility.

2.png

Fanatec have also made use of a unique set up where for XBox the compatibility comes from the wheel and for Playstation the compatibility is in the base, as per requirements from the console makers (the PS4/5 base had to be sold as a wheel/base combo also). This way if you put a XBox compatible wheel on an Playstation compatible base you can use that wheel/base combo on either system. Brilliant! 👍

Last edited:
No, there are two (three if you count the DD2) different bases. The one you can buy without a wheel (DD1) is not supported at all.
View attachment 972727

The one with the F1 wheel and base together is an officially supported wheel and base with the security chip in the base. This way you can still use other Fanatec rims while retaining PS4/5 compatibility.

View attachment 972728

Fanatec have also made use of a unique set up where for XBox the compatibility comes from the wheel and for Playstation the compatibility is in the base, as per requirements from the console makers (the PS4/5 base had to be sold as a wheel/base combo also). This way if you put a XBox compatible wheel on an Playstation compatible base you can use that wheel/base combo on either system. Brilliant! 👍
This is amazing. Which model supports this?
Does the CSL elite does it?

This is amazing. Which model supports this?
Does the CSL elite does it?
Yes, the one in my previous post and the CSL Elite, but there are also two different CSL Elite bases as well where a similar thing applies.

The CSL Elite Wheel Base + is officially supported for PS4/PS5, and with the addition of an XBox compatible rim will work on both systems

The Base: https://fanatec.com/au-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
Any of the many wheels with Xbox One marked in the top right corner will make the system cross compatible: https://fanatec.com/au-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

The CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 isn't. It is only compatible with PC (with virtually any wheel) and XBox systems (with a suitable XBox compatible wheel).
https://fanatec.com/au-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

There are other ways of making wheels cross compatible but at the moment that's a bit up in the air with the new consoles.

Edit: I think I got all that right, care to cross-check for me @super_gt :).

Last edited:
Yes, the one in my previous post and the CSL Elite, but there are also two different CSL Elite bases as well where a similar thing applies.

The CSL Elite Wheel Base + is officially supported for PS4/PS5, and with the addition of an XBox compatible rim will work on both systems

The Base: https://fanatec.com/au-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
Any of the many wheels with Xbox One marked in the top right corner will make the system cross compatible: https://fanatec.com/au-en/steering-...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

The CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1 isn't. It is only compatible with PC (with virtually any wheel) and XBox systems (with a suitable XBox compatible wheel).
https://fanatec.com/au-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

There are other ways of making wheels cross compatible but at the moment that's a bit up in the air with the new consoles.

Edit: I think I got all that right, care to cross-check for me @super_gt :).
From what I gathered not only the CSL Elite + is compatible with PS5 but the CSL Elite PS4 is also.

From what I gathered not only the CSL Elite + is compatible with PS5 but the CSL Elite PS4 is also.
There is no product specifically called the 'CSL Elite +' or 'CSL Elite PS4'.

To clarify:

The full name for the PlayStation-licensed CSL Elite wheel base is "CSL Elite Wheel Base + - Officially licensed for PS4™". It is commonly referred to as the "CSL Elite Wheel Base +".

The CSL Elite Wheel Base + is available in several packages:

CSL Elite Wheel Base + - Officially licensed for PS4™
CSL Elite Racing Wheel - Officially licensed for PS4™
CSL Elite PS4™ Starter Kit
CSL Elite F1® Set - Officially licensed for PS4™

and a few others.

Any package that includes the CSL Elite Wheel Base + is compatible with the PS4 and PS5.

There is no product specifically called the 'CSL Elite +' or 'CSL Elite PS4'.

To clarify:

The full name for the PlayStation-licensed CSL Elite wheel base is "CSL Elite Wheel Base + - Officially licensed for PS4™". It is commonly referred to as the "CSL Elite Wheel Base +".

The CSL Elite Wheel Base + is available in several packages:

CSL Elite Wheel Base + - Officially licensed for PS4™
CSL Elite Racing Wheel - Officially licensed for PS4™
CSL Elite PS4™ Starter Kit
CSL Elite F1® Set - Officially licensed for PS4™

and a few others.

Any package that includes the CSL Elite Wheel Base + is compatible with the PS4 and PS5.
To be clear, it was the wheel base I was referring to. I had initially bought the CSL Elite PS4 Starter Kit (which of course included the CSL Elite PS4 wheel base...there was no "+" added at the time). Some time after the CSL Elite Wheel Base + came on the market as an individual base which to my understanding included some advancement over the previous one without the "+". Are you saying they are both "+" bases?

To be clear, it was the wheel base I was referring to. I had initially bought the CSL Elite PS4 Starter Kit (which of course included the CSL Elite PS4 wheel base...there was no "+" added at the time). Some time after the CSL Elite Wheel Base + came on the market as an individual base which to my understanding included some advancement over the previous one without the "+". Are you saying they are both "+" bases?
Yes all the PS4-compatible CSL Elite Wheel Bases are "+" bases.

Originally the PlayStation-licensed CSL Elite wheel base was only available with a steering wheel (known as a "Racing Wheel" package). The included wheel base was already the 'Wheel Base +' but not referred to in this way until the standalone option became available.

The advancement you are referring to is probably over the original CSL Elite Wheel Base (with the mosaic pattern on the front, now known as the 'V1'), which is discontinued.

Yes all the PS4-compatible CSL Elite Wheel Bases are "+" bases.

Originally the PlayStation-licensed CSL Elite wheel base was only available with a steering wheel (known as a "Racing Wheel" package). The included wheel base was already the 'Wheel Base +' but not referred to in this way until the standalone option became available.

The advancement you are referring to is probably over the original CSL Elite Wheel Base (with the mosaic pattern on the front, now known as the 'V1'), which is discontinued.
Thanks for the heads up Dom. I did not know.

Hey. My T300RS is not working on PS5. Is there an update that is supposed to come out for it to work?
What game? And I assume you have tried the mode switch in both PS4 and PS3 modes? You need to unplug from wall and USB before changing modes.

Do we have any news on the G29 working on the PS5?

I was able to find videos of people playing Dirt, F12020 and GTS on it, but as we don't have full-fledged PS5 games available yet, there's no confirmation that the G29 actually works with those games (instead of just PS4 games on the PS5).

Does anyone know anything beyond this?

Do we have any news on the G29 working on the PS5?

I was able to find videos of people playing Dirt, F12020 and GTS on it, but as we don't have full-fledged PS5 games available yet, there's no confirmation that the G29 actually works with those games (instead of just PS4 games on the PS5).

Does anyone know anything beyond this?

Latest Posts

Back