PlayStation 5's New "DualSense" Controller Revealed

The right trigger needs to be comfortable. Hours of play, give me the flat right index finger. I don't get that with the XB1 trigger.

Pretty sure is below the joysticks, like the DS4...

I think that’s the built in mic. Looking at it up close it doesn’t look like a headphone jack at all.

So it’s either somewhere else on the controller or not there at all.

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was the latter in an effort to sell more Sony headsets.

The Apple way.

Hope I’m wrong. Maybe we’ll get more info today.

There is definately a a headphone jack, no question.

hope so - I just don’t see it in the pics.

Underneath the controller wouldn’t make a lot of sense (ha!) because you couldn’t put the controller down with a headset plugged in.

Maybe we will get audio out of the usb-c connector with an adapter?

Fine by me, but also a bit clunky - and you couldn’t charge the controller while using it.

Hope we get more details today.

Controller-Comparison2.jpg

I wish Sony would make their controllers bigger, or at least offer an official aftermarket larger controller size, or at least longer handles

Currently I much prefer the XBox controller, despite the lower functionality, as even though it's still a bit small, it ergonomics do allow it to fit my hands OK. With the Sony controller I find that I can't use it for that long as I'm contorting my hands to get to all of the required buttons.

Funnily enough if you put the XBox and the Sony controllers together there doesn't seem to be a great difference in size, but as it stands on the Sony controller the L/R buttons/triggers fall directly under the first knuckle of my middle and fore fingers, which is not comfortable. With the Xbox controller my fingers seem to naturally fall into the right place.

Yeah really don't like white. White is something that is 'too flashy' in my eyes. I prefer everything to be black when it comes to tech.

Not so sure about the usb C connector. On my Macbook from my employer, they fail quite often and fast.

100% agree. In my experience the ports wear out far too quick making a strong connection nearly impossible. My Samsung phone for example can now only be charged wirelessly.

Not so sure about the usb C connector. On my Macbook from my employer, they fail quite often and fast.
Can't say I've had an issue with the USB-C. Had 2 Sony Xperia phone with them on (XZ Premium and Xperia 1) and a pair of WH-1000-MX3 headphones also with USB-C port. I think they maybe better than Apple then if they fail on their MacBooks.

I think the DualSense looks terrific and beautifully contemporary. White looks really good but I wonder how practical it will be.

All black looks very slick but not as modern.

IMG_20200407_231600.jpg

usb c should never have been invented. By the looks every usb c cable looks the same, but that does not mean it transmits power, data, video signal all at the same time.

But it might me an apple problem with its never ending pursuit of making things smaller.

I consider the mini usb connector from the ps3 controller the best for a controller. Sturdy yet small enough.

It will be interesting to see the rear of the controller. Have they incorporated the back buttons that debuted on the DS4 'Back Button Attachment'?

White is not a practical colour for areas that you often hold, its going to go beige!

Looks good though, the console itself might also have a matching panelled white and black style.
Heh? Ive had a white DS4 for years, just about the only thing about it that is in the same condition it was when I got it is the colour. Its been used and abused and its still a pristine white. In fact my black controllers look more grubby to me.

As long as they keep using the material they already use it should remain white for years.

hope the battery life is better than the PS4 controller, also do you think they will make the controller compatible with the PS4, when the PS4 was released their were a few PS3 games that you could use the PS4 controller with.

I prob will hold off on jumping to PS5 again only if a Gran Turismo is around at Launch or GTA 6.

I bet this will be pricey. Hopefully the charging cable actually lasts. Give me a red one.

Last edited:
Heh? Ive had a white DS4 for years, just about the only thing about it that is in the same condition it was when I got it is the colour. Its been used and abused and its still a pristine white. In fact my black controllers look more grubby to me.

As long as they keep using the material they already use it should remain white for years.

White plastic tends to discolour from UV light, acid from your hands, general dirt, grime, food etc. I guess it depends how you look after it but from the second hand controllers I've seen in CEX etc they often to look like this...

20160810_170603.jpg.fc5d020b43d71f1427b4a636b3f7492a.jpg

I haven't seen a well used white DS4 so I can't comment on it specifically but maybe Sony use better quality materials.

Back