PlayStation 5's New "DualSense" Controller Revealed

They also had a habit of going yellow, I guess its how you look after them.

s-l1600.jpg
If kept in the dark they will have a better chance of staying white but any Dreamcast controllers (and consoles) exposed to light for a few years will go yellow.

I think that’s the build in mic.

Yep, it is. A Sony rep later confirmed on Twitter that there is indeed an audio jack on the controller, just like DS4. It just isn't viewable in the photos they released. I imagine it is alongside a docking/charging port on the bottom, similar to the DS4.

Honestley that one's kind of grown on me over the years. It reminds me of a simpler time when designers though futuristic meant "bulbous silver things"

like the Audi from I, Robot.

View attachment 907332

Anyways, Back to the actual controller presented here. I think it's quite a sleek and attractive design. The features it packs are really quite nice as well. The create button seems interesting, but will probably end up just being something that only livestreamers get any use out of.
Ahhh yes, the Audi RSQ.

Once upon a time I used to see a little compilation of cars in NFS Most Wanted, remember one of those that used music from 009 Sound Sytem, alongside with texts made by Windows Movie Maker? When I saw into that video the RSQ, i believed it was in the game lol
cb53d9f0-13d8-4eef-86d8-52d6237785dd.jpg

I like this design because it's an evolution, not a revolution. It is still recognisable as a PlayStation controller and to me, that's the most important thing. But what I'm looking forward to is the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, as that will be a game-changer.

White plastic tends to discolour from UV light, acid from your hands, general dirt, grime, food etc. I guess it depends how you look after it but from the second hand controllers I've seen in CEX etc they often to look like this...

20160810_170603.jpg.fc5d020b43d71f1427b4a636b3f7492a.jpg

I haven't seen a well used white DS4 so I can't comment on it specifically but maybe Sony use better quality materials.
I know what you mean, but i think the DS4 at the very least uses a material that is essentially impervious to colour fade, from what ive seen, at least beyond the normal life expectancy of a controller. Purely based on personal experience of course, but again, my controller has been over used and its still pristine white.

I hate the colours.

I'm probably wrong, but it looks like the console could be black and white themed too. Yuck. Horrid. A white standard controller is a worrying choice for a gamepad to me. I'd never buy a white TFT, blu-ray player, laptop etc., etc. So, if this a sign of a white themed console, I'd be put off.

I guess we've not long to wait before a full reveal, and then we'll know.

#HATEITWITHAPASSION

I would say it's almost certainly going to match the controller design language and colour.

I wonder if it has the new underbelly attachment buttons integrated into it or at least will have the same attachment.
Hard to see on pics, i hope so cause it can be usefull for a game like motogp19 where you can use the right stick for analog clutch control and it be easier to shift with those new buttons i think. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, makes me worry.

I like all i hear of it but i wish they made an evolution on the joysticks also. As fine as they are, controls could be alot more precise and less sensitive but at the same time more responsive like a mouse a little, especially for driving games and 1st person shooting,

Last edited:
I wonder if it has the new underbelly attachment buttons integrated into it or at least will have the same attachment.
Hard to see on pics, i hope so cause it can be usefull for a game like motogp19 where you can use the right stick for analog clutch control and it be easier to shift with those new buttons i think. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, makes me worry.

I like all i hear of it but i wish they made an evolution on the joysticks also. As fine as they are, controls could be alot more precise and less sensitive but at the same time more responsive like a mouse a little, especially for driving games and 1st person shooting,

I was also wondering about this, why release the back button attachment for the DS4 if it isn't something that is going to be hard built into the DualSense. I suspect it's almost certainly going to have them and they will reveal the rear of the controller at a later date.

I was thinking... perhaps with the adaptive feedback triggers, they could simulate like a mechanical trigger on a gun in an FPS game, where as you pull back the trigger it tightens until the mechanism engages and fires, at which point the tension suddenly snaps away. (I have actually never shot a real gun before, so i have no idea if thats how a real gun trigger would behave).

An interesting case-scenario for this: in the original Destiny most weapons required a full pull-back of the trigger to fire, however some weapons could have a hair-trigger mechanism which fired the gun at the slightest press of the trigger. With this adaptive feed-back system players would be able to actually feel the difference straight through the controller and it could be immensely satisfying.

This controller excites me a lot. I also think its gorgeous. Cannot wait to hold one.

Really hoping it has back buttons like the new ds4 attachment. Still haven't read any on this or seen the underside of the ds5. At least have the same attachment available.
Maybe they're keeping it under wraps.
It be usefull cause it's hard to use the Shoulder buttons at the same time as the triggers unless you switch fingers.

Good for changing gears and let's your right thumb free from using the 4 symbol buttons for that.

And the middle fingers are useless as it is now. And if someone doesn't like it just have the option to set them inactive.

Where can you get this ds4 back buttons attachment? I don't find it on the psn store, in ebgames and on eBay i see 2nd hand ones selling for ridiculous prices like 200 to 300$ and more. Jeezz.

Edit: Also as i wrote in the ride3 tread:
An evolution on the joysticks to make them more precise and responsive but not twitchy would be nice.
Not sure how, maybe longer sticks, i always wanted to try those caps you can put on top of joysticks to make them longer.
Seems it could help to be less sensitive and more precise.
It's nice to have an evolution on feel with the ds5 haptics and variable pressure triggers but controls is at least as important. Seems these joysticks are old in the tooth, and could use a make over.

Last edited:
I think it will be comfortable and it's kind of like a Xbox controller the Share and Options button look better placed my only issues are can you turn the mic off for games like Grand Theft Auto including the in game mobile phone if not I probably won't buy Grand Theft Auto but anyway I don't use a mic a lot anymore the last time I really used one was the PlayStation 3 and would the battery life be better or worse than PlayStation 4 controller. I want the controller in black because I don't like having electronics in white black always looks better personal opinion.

Last edited:
Pretty sure is to sell more the back buttons attachment
Well then they should sell also an upgraded version of ds5 with it included for a little less than the cost of both separately hopefully at least. With the price they sell the attachment being pretty high..

Well then they should sell also an upgraded version of ds5 with it included for a little less than the cost of both separately hopefully at least. With the price they sell the attachment being pretty high..

Maybe there is a DualSense Pro in the works.

Pretty sure is to sell more the back buttons attachment

That attachment doesn't fit the DualSense because it's a totally different shape.

That would be fun, to have a controller ahead of console. This one looks interesting, was skeptical about DS4, and now love it, hope the story will repeat.

Jury is out on whether this is real or not. I'm pretty sure if it was the buttons would be black with white icons.

WOW3-f710.jpg

WOW4-ecba.jpg

PS5-DualSense-black-b-973b.jpg

Latest Posts

Back