playstation plus?

• Thread starter NUNOpt
  • 138 comments
They obviously couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. What a laughing stock this game is, a year delay, a lot of features coming out after release, unable to use all the features they advertised that do ship, hmm sounds familar...

They obviously couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. What a laughing stock this game is, a year delay, a lot of features coming out after release, unable to use all the features they advertised that do ship, hmm sounds familar...

But still more fun than GT6 so there's at least some redeeming quality.

I think that there is something else up that hasn't been mentioned, and it was probably a bad choice to go with the 'network/connection issues' cited as being responsible. Having said that, do any of you work in software rollout? I have and it is a freakin' nightmare...it never works according to how it should do...never.

But still more fun than GT6 so there's at least some redeeming quality.
Fun, as has been ascertained, is a subjective thingy. I really like GT6 not least because I knew what I'd be getting and was surprised by how much better it actually was compared to GT5 (which was also very good.)

In general, call me old fashioned, but I tend to enjoy most games I buy - some more than others.

Ill probably end up getting the full game. Ill probably buy it on disc as well as I prefer owing a disc.
Fair enough, I must admit to a weakness for discs myself but tight finances have swayed me to going the download route this time around, that plus the game install is huge, no matter which version you get (if I understood it all correctly.)

Fair enough, I must admit to a weakness for discs myself but tight finances have swayed me to going the download route this time around, that plus the game install is huge, no matter which version you get (if I understood it all correctly.)

Yeah it's something like 15.7 gigs to download I don't think ill have enough internet to download to use all that :P.

This timer is killing me now, will it be playable at midnight ? Never preordered a game on the store before.

I bought it on tuesday through the store. I have done the pre-install which it has allowed me to do (I was not allowed to download the 3 free cars). If I try to play it it tells me a countdown to 1 min past midnight tonight. Did you do the pre-install? Not sure if I will be up on tonight but if I am I will post here if I am able to play.

This timer is killing me now, will it be playable at midnight ? Never preordered a game on the store before.
You have the full version, if I recall - so yeah, all full versions (physical and digital) will be playable - it's just the bucketload of free versions that won't...that is if the server problems aren't fixed by then,

A situation update for today is still pending...

Free demo will be available around October 10th, it's the UK release date. So first they again open slots for purchasable version, then later free will be available.

Is DC+ in the store yet?

They should have assumed that every single person that has PlayStation plus would want this game, so have that many spots available. Then perhaps every single PlayStation 4 that's online might get plus, to get the free plus version. But no they don't think like that!!!

Is DC+ in the store yet?
Like I quoted in my last post, it doesn't look like it - at least not for the next eighteen hours whilst they test the servers.

I know it must burn a bit, but in the end, you are getting the game no later than most folks in the UK who are getting physical copies dropped on their doormats in about ten hours time (and will probably then be going to work/school/college/etc.)

Still not on (DC+)

They've stopped communicating also :(

God, this is annoying. I hope it'll be out on Thursday or Friday at most !

I know the article dates back to the US launch date, but at least it reports thing thoroughly and properly instead of the 'pointing fingers for views' technique we tend to see now on most sites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29540393

Well, it is the BBC - so I suppose it's to be expected :lol:

I did manage to connect for a while earlier today and it started comparing my drift scores with those logged by @JohnSchoonBeard

I know the article dates back to the US launch date, but at least it reports thing thoroughly and properly instead of the 'pointing fingers for views' technique we tend to see now on most sites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29540393

Well, it is the BBC - so I suppose it's to be expected :lol:

I did manage to connect for a while earlier today and it started comparing my drift scores with those logged by @JohnSchoonBeard

Oh dear, I'm CRAP at drifting although it is easier in this game.

How did I do?

Oh dear, I'm CRAP at drifting although it is easier in this game.

How did I do?
You were ahead of me...for a while :) Odd thing is though, I'd already cleared that event with a silver, but it wanted me to do it all again, maybe due to the update. I noticed that there are a few impossible times on the leaderboards, such as 2:16 for the three lap Scotland Open challenge...

Last edited:
Guys I don't want to sound like a bad sport but seriously, why are you making such a big deal about your PS+ edition? It features 10 cars, 5 of which are club cars and non of them are actually that good... except the BAC Mono. If you really can't wait to play the free version why don't you just upgrade to the full version?

And I know the game is currently struggling with online features but honestly if you like cars, great engine sounds, awesome graphics, and just general casual driving, just get the game - it's only gonna get better... Because I don't regret my purchase at all...

And honestly I couldn't care less whether it's an arcade or a sim. Because since learning how to drive I realised gaming will never be real life and I decided to play car games to have fun not to "improve my driving technique in the real world"... And if you think otherwise you're clearly too young to drive...

Back