playstation plus?

• Thread starter NUNOpt
  • 138 comments
I would have to look close at the season pass with all the tracks being free ,I probally would but i would give that DLC wheel a hard look

Well that rules out any chance of me playing a racing game on PS4 till next year.
Well, you can still race online if you have the game, but I assume you are waiting on the PS+ version, in which case, yeah...it looks that way.

Can't wait for the PS+ version to be released and Driveclub falls back into the same issues it's been dealing with. I was looking forward to this because there was no other racing game on PS4, but it's looking like The Crew and possibly Project CARS could be out before it, and that would completely kill interest in Driveclub for me.

I think they are delaying it to get maximum sales of full game. Only when sales drop will the ps+ version get released. Two things for sure, 1. I won't buckle and buy full game and 2. This company has blown any chance of me buying any other product they ever release, complete shambles. I feel sorry for the people who put time into the game because it's probably the big wig money crunchers who made the decision, but still a shambles of a release to market a game on it's multiplayer experience and then fail spectacularly.

omg conspiracy theorist, they still have problems with the server connectivity, they deployed some hot fix but it's far from 100% functional and stable state. I wasn't able to send single challenge yet and be connected without occasional errors. It is not possible to release free version, that would kill connection for everyone.

I think they are delaying it to get maximum sales of full game. Only when sales drop will the ps+ version get released. Two things for sure, 1. I won't buckle and buy full game and 2. This company has blown any chance of me buying any other product they ever release, complete shambles. I feel sorry for the people who put time into the game because it's probably the big wig money crunchers who made the decision, but still a shambles of a release to market a game on it's multiplayer experience and then fail spectacularly.
There's your answer why that premise wouldn't even work. The game would have to sell ten to twenty million copies to make such a ploy even worthwhile.

That's me speaking for my own position and view of the situation, some people will buy a game even if that same company has shafted them the year before.Conspiracy? Maybe, but I believe they released the full game with some features disabled, so why not the + version with online disabled?

That's me speaking for my own position and view of the situation, some people will buy a game even if that same company has shafted them the year before.Conspiracy? Maybe, but I believe they released the full game with some features disabled, so why not the + version with online disabled?
Due to the amount of problems people were experiencing during the first few days - the game tries to connect all of the time and that caused further problems. Like I said some time ago, my guess is that the online connectivity code is integral to all aspects of the game, so a simple switch isn't possible without re-writing all of the code and then subjecting that to full testing.

You are right though, some people will buy a game regardless - perhaps they simply enjoy the games by that company. I can't seem to reacall though anybody feeling hard-done by with Motorstorm RC or even Motorstorm Apocalypse.

I was thinking more about the people who moaned about all the bugs in the codemasters f1 games then preordered the new one, or the gt series.

Due to the amount of problems people were experiencing during the first few days - the game tries to connect all of the time and that caused further problems. Like I said some time ago, my guess is that the online connectivity code is integral to all aspects of the game, so a simple switch isn't possible without re-writing all of the code and then subjecting that to full testing.

You are right though, some people will buy a game regardless - perhaps they simply enjoy the games by that company. I can't seem to reacall though anybody feeling hard-done by with Motorstorm RC or even Motorstorm Apocalypse.

I was thinking more about the people who moaned about all the bugs in the codemasters f1 games then preordered the new one, or the gt series.
Ahh, I see. Codemasters have been a regular target, like PD it makes no difference what they do, there will always be those who complain and those who continue to buy.

If you guys want to try it so bad, just rent it from somewhere, or buy it.
I know that's not the ideal solution and it sucks that they couldn't release the + version yet, but you guys miss out.

I know that's not the ideal solution and it sucks that they couldn't release the + version yet, but you guys miss out.

I'm not particularly bothered if the ps+ version comes out or not , and never intended on buying the game as it didn't appeal to me.waiting for project cars but would have a look at dc if they ever do release the + version, not holding my breath though.

If I was to buy the game I would wait till the price dropped so wouldn't get it for a while. I just wanted to try it out but yeah ill probably end up playing gt7 or project cars by plus release. Wish they just stuck with motostorm that was a great series.

If I was to buy the game I would wait till the price dropped so wouldn't get it for a while. I just wanted to try it out but yeah ill probably end up playing gt7 or project cars by plus release. Wish they just stuck with motostorm that was a great series.
DRIVECLUB is amazing too. I loved every MotorStorm to death and would rate DRIVECLUB easily on the same level.
If you just want to try it, rent it, or see if you have a friend who'd SharePlay with you (pretty sure that works).

Also, GT7 and pCARS will be entirely different games, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Yeah, I am glad they went with trying out something different too. The Motorstorm titles I have enjoyed thoroughly and absolutely appreciate how much of a risk they have taken in making this step.

Yeah, I am glad they went with trying out something different too. The Motorstorm titles I have enjoyed thoroughly and absolutely appreciate how much of a risk they have taken in making this step.

Risk? Making another racing game with different scenery albeit more detailed, but hardly a risk as it was going to be the only racer on ps4 at the time and a sure fire seller. (if they hadn't messed up the release in such a spectacular way).

Risk? Making another racing game with different scenery albeit more detailed, but hardly a risk as it was going to be the only racer on ps4 at the time and a sure fire seller. (if they hadn't messed up the release in such a spectacular way).
You think it's the same as Motorstorm, really? Sorry, but I can't agree.

Yes, it is racing, but that in itself covers a multitude of styles and approaches, from the SF of Pod Racer and Wipeout to the most realistic rally sim or Wreckfest. The Motorstorm games also have combat, boosts and 'whacky' physics; DC on the other hand is quite a radical departure, so yea, it's a risk as the 'fans' can get very snitty when a developer changes direction and things like that.

Despite the foul up with the launch, they seem to be doing quite well at it now and I think it will still do very well in the long run - but time will be the judge of that.

Last edited:
Yep, for me the only thing that isn't working is challenges. Even if it wasn't for the fairly engaging career mode (much better than gt6) there would still be plenty of challenge doing the single player time trials which are absolutely the best implementation of time trials/ online leaderboards in any game I've played.

The club thing is a bit limited without challenges though and I've kept mostly away from the online racing as it's so full of knobs. However, there is plenty to do in single player (because of the "leaderboards for everything"). Photomode is really great too.

I can't find anything, anywhere that has been posted this year about a speculative release day. Thanks.

I can't find anything, anywhere that has been posted this year about a speculative release day. Thanks.
Well, there is this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/playstation-plus.318003/ but there is no news yet there either. FaceBook would be a good place to check too.

A question though, with the game being so cheap at the moment, why are you still waiting on a single location with limited cars and events version?

The last post in that thread is dated 2014, we are now in the year 2015 and I specifically mentioned this year.
If the game is so cheap, you could send me your copy and buy yourself another one. :lol:

I really wouldn't be surprised if they just offer the full game on PS+, vanilla version only, as one of the upcoming IGC titles...

That'd be a nice "we are sorry, here you go" to all of the disgruntled fans anyways.. :D

The last post in that thread is dated 2014, we are now in the year 2015 and I specifically mentioned this year.
If the game is so cheap, you could send me your copy and buy yourself another one. :lol:
I seriously don't think it would have made any difference to the existing thread if you'd posted it there...and mine's digital, so no luck for you there.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they just offer the full game on PS+, vanilla version only, as one of the upcoming IGC titles...

That'd be a nice "we are sorry, here you go" to all of the disgruntled fans anyways.. :D
After about a year maybe - they did give the first double DLC pack away for free, so I can't really see them giving more away just yet.

I seriously don't think it would have made any difference to the existing thread if you'd posted it there...and mine's digital, so no luck for you there.

After about a year maybe - they did give the first double DLC pack away for free, so I can't really see them giving more away just yet.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't count on this happening anytime soon, but eventually is not out of the cards.. More specifically, after Project CARS gains solid ground, if received well... As of right now, it's all fun speculation.. time will tell

I wouldn't be surprised if they're hoping that if they stay quiet nobody will notice. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Back