Shuffle Races

• Thread starter JTB10000
  • 95 comments
If you don't know what shuffle racing was, the host will pick a PP, and when you enter the track, you will get a random car from that PP range. This lead to some extremely close and fun racing, and buying cars wasn't necessary! It's a quick and easy way to get right into the online racing action without spending your precious credits tuning your cars!

I loved shuffle races in GT5. Can't figure out why PD took them out.

I saw there is another thread for this suggestion that has more likes but is locked. I assume that makes this the "official" thread for this topic? Edit: Nevermind looks like they were merged.

Last edited:
I would like to add, make the shuffle ratio "0" mean that everyone in the room has the same car. This would be a hugely beneficial mode for those who want to do spec racing in randomly chosen cars. Shuffle ratio "1" could be similar to GT5 ratio of 0, and increase car performance differences from there.

I would like to add, make the shuffle ratio "0" mean that everyone in the room has the same car. This would be a hugely beneficial mode for those who want to do spec racing in randomly chosen cars. Shuffle ratio "1" could be similar to GT5 ratio of 0, and increase car performance differences from there.

That is a great idea, love it! :D

Agree wholeheartedly - add shuffle to GT6.

Perhaps a wider range of PPs - I'm not too worried about some of the lists having difficult cars (yes 440 and 500, I mean you) because over time I've got better at dealing with some of those, though that little Morgan should NEVER have been included should it?!

As for shuffle ratio settings - I'm of the opinion if you're changing PP all the time it should be zero. But if PP stays the same then a small ratio CAN have a use to give weaker players a bit of a chance at winning. Though it can be annoying to see someone drop in, get a great car, win, then duck out .... and come back soon after.

All the same ..... Sony & Polyphony ..... please

PUT SHUFFLE IN GT6

Echo the feelings of the others here. I also wish they had variation, not just "PP" levels. The random "same car" races noted above would be a great idea. I'd also like to perhaps pick a shuffle "type", like Super GT shuffle, or Le Mans Prototype shuffle.

Even better, "custom" shuffle for those hardcore people who want to choose their own cars to balance out the shuffle properly. Nevertheless, if it was brought back at all I would be very happy!

Somebody throw a brick through Kaz's window while he sleeps with a note saying "SHUFFLE" and a picture of OP.

If we don't get it within a month steal his personal GTR and every week send him a part, starting with the mirror and a picture of it covered in animal faeces strapped to a dyno constantly doing runs at red-line while running on regular.

She needs premium dude, PREMIUM.

Last edited:
I also wish they had variation, not just "PP" levels. The random "same car" races noted above would be a great idea. I'd also like to perhaps pick a shuffle "type", like Super GT shuffle, or Le Mans Prototype shuffle.

Even better, "custom" shuffle for those hardcore people who want to choose their own cars to balance out the shuffle properly.

NOW YOU'RE TALKING! :drool: Some great ideas there LBX, I wish you worked at PD. 👍

Back