Poll:Car insurance in gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter 050999742
  • 156 comments
  • 14,326 views

Do you want car insurance in gran turismo 5


  • Total voters
    375
I'd love it you get to the end of a race and you are knocked into a wall by the AI and an insurance assessor comes out. "Oh you never declared those wheels, your insurance is invalid, you get nothing"
 
I'd love it you get to the end of a race and you are knocked into a wall by the AI and an insurance assessor comes out. "Oh you never declared those wheels, your insurance is invalid, you get nothing"

Oh my, classic stuff 👍
 
If it were just me playing on my profile I wouldn't mind having to insure my cars and pay the premium every time I seriously crash them.

BUT I like to have friends over and play with my friends. They like to race in career mode. I don't mind at all but some of them can't drive worth ****.

But essentially we already have this. Paying a damage penalty at the end of the race is a lot like paying a premium. It just cuts out the red tape of having to buy insurance and re-buy your car if it's declared totaled.

That is, if the monetary penalty is implemented like it is in FM3.
 
I like the idea of having the option of totaling a car but if they start getting real world insurance companies to be in the game I'll never buy another one.

Insurance is the world's biggest scam forced upon us by greedy businessmen in bed with the local government, so unless the game is running them over, I never never want to see insurance in video games.
 
Well I have to say for some reasons I don't like the idea for being ensured and for other reasons I do.
For starters it is kind of naive to know that what ever your actions are they havn't got any concequensens. With that I speak for the offline mode.
You simple pay 5% (or something else in that range for the value of your car) and you are good to go to win the race by cutting corners and using the AI as your brakingsystem (allready saw some video's of people doing this)...

On the other hand the online mode. Then we have others that have a valuable car as well. (we assume for now)
Lets say we, 16 people, driving around in Daytona. Suddenly nr. 16 who is 2 laps behind turns the other way and starts Destruction Derby....
I don't have to complete my story to say I am not ammused with this fact...
And trust me it will happen. I am 22 years old and you don't see me messing up others play, but we all know that many people arn't that mature...

I havn't seen any videos of a total destructed car, but like others I just simple wait and see what gives...
 
That's just stupid. Insurance is the most legal scam in the world! Why include it in a game?
 
Back