Poll:Car insurance in gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter 050999742
  • 156 comments
  • 14,325 views

Do you want car insurance in gran turismo 5


  • Total voters
    375
who’s bandwidth? i think you’ll find the pictures are hosted on different sites all together.. and if your time is that important would you seriously be reading a thread called Poll: Car insurance in gt5 I’m scraping the barrel on car related stuff we can post about

how about a few choice threads i can think about :-

Poll: should petrol costs be included in GT5

Poll: should you have to drive your car to the track or rent a trailer in GT5

Poll: Should you have to sit through a 3 hour drivers brief before being allowed on track

Poll: should you have to pitch your tent or pay for hotel fees if your event is over a 2 day period..

Poll: should move be integrated with driver movements so you can show your displeasure of other racers with your middle finger

Poll: should interest rates be placed on the credits you have in the bank and have a live update link to the national bank of your country

Poll: how about finance for that GTR you really need for a 1 make race but can’t quite afford with bailiffs that come and re-poses the car when you fail to stump up the repayments..
Slight overreaction there, no?! :)
 
You know we're getting bored waiting when someone makes a thread like this...:lol:
 
Aye, it's kinda' gone beyond boredom now and I guess people are just plain fed up of waiting. We know it's coming soon so that's good, but what else is there to do apart from sit back, wait, and make daft threads?! :lol:
 
I don't want to see Obama screw up Car Insurance too.
 
Poll: should move be integrated with driver movements so you can show your displeasure of other racers with your middle finger
I'm voting yes on this one.
I don't want to see Obama screw up Car Insurance too.
Oh, quit complaining. I'd like to see you try being the U.S. President. A fiver says your approval rating will drop through the floor. At least he didn't approve over $1.6 trillion worth of tax cuts and ruin the Clinton Administration's record of budget surpluses.
 
Last edited:
Screw that Insurance is allready pricing me out in real life, I probably cry if it stopped my playing on the ps3 aswell.
 
I think if they have it, it should be optional.
I am a pretty clean driver and may not need it.

But other beginners could.

Just Sayin
 
+1 to most of the no answers, then there's the fact not a single insurance company covers accidents and damage done on a race track........

Haha :lol:.. See I didn't even think of that.. so true!

and to the guy that mentioned the inflatable dart board.. that cracked me up! :lol:
 
Here's what happens when auto insurance meets racing video games:

"Dude, I've been playing GT5 all week! This game is incredible! Except for the insurance, my costs keep going up. They send me these bill s constantly!"
"Um, are you sure you're not talking about your REAL LIFE auto insurance?"
"Uhh...oh crap."
 
I guess the general consensus is that it makes the game overcomplicated and less fun.
 
I'd be keen to track down the guy that rear ended me online so I can hand him 3 different quotes for the repairs..
 
What a stupid idea...

would you have to virtually call your adjuster on GT5 call center and ask for an appraisal of the damage... how realistic do you want this to be?

How much more annoying do you want this to get??

Insurance is to protect your real assets... not your virtual / fake / worthless ones...
 
Last edited:
Hi is that Tesco Insurance ?, how much is fully comp for a Diahatsu Midget.
 
No. Just no.

If this was in the game why not add MOTs and Tax too? What about the posibility of your cars being stolen while in the garage? Lol.
 
:lol::lol::lol:,That is all.
 
*waits for "Poll:Gas stations in gt5" thread to be made*
 
This thread cracks me up..now wouldn't PD need licenses for that?, I mean naturaly they could have a created one though.
 
I think I'll have to vote no on this one. I just wanna drive.
 
I think insurance would be interesting, but I don't think it would simply on its own. You'd probably have to insure your car to a certain amount to cover damages in the races, and if you did too much damage you'd either have to pay out of your own pocket to repair it or write it off. There would have to be other expenses as well, like the cost of tyres and fuel and entry fees, the idea being that you have to balance your income rather than simply shelling out on new parts all the time.
 
+1 to most of the no answers, then there's the fact not a single insurance company covers accidents and damage done on a race track........

I'm pretty sure shannons do if its just a track day and they are notified (not racing or timed), also i believe there is some sort of agreement with the Porsche Club of Australia and an insurance company (cant remember which), where cars competing in Porsche club Events are insured in case of an accident.

If insurance was under the guise of "pay 12cr before the race for insurance: yes/no" then i could see it working. (i payed $1 once for insurance on rental ski's, ended up breaking them and didnt have to pay out the full amount of the ski's).

However in the case of GT5 with the confirmed?(pretty sure KY confirmed it ages ago) rewind feature, It is pretty pointless, because if you do major damage you just rewind it 20 seconds or so and you're fine.

Interesting thought though. It COULD be very useful for online. Base each driver on a rating system (depending on how much damage they do online). Then at the start of the race its a small amount for the clean drivers and a larger amount for the dirty drivers.

This could eliminate punting, because at one stage it would become to expensive for punters to pay to insure their cars and they would have to put their car on the line (if it could be written off) if they were to race online. Ideally it would be a server option.
 
Last edited:
Can I get a reasonable fixed rate loan to pay for my insurance? I'd also like a 0%APR credit card to buy a Ferrari, and then I guess I'll need a part-time job too so I can make the payments.
 
No, please not. Pay damage afer a race from the pricemoney or even better make your oen choice of repairing or not. I don't need insurance.
 
You can get insurance for on-track damage of race cars Only in bold because many posters don't seem to think this exists.

I don't see how so many people have been ignorant enough to call the thread useless when the entire idea does exist in the real world. Do you think a weekend racer with a £5k car can afford to replace it if he writes the chassis off? No, so he gets it insured.
 
The only time something like this would be cool is online.

If you are in more than 3 collisions in an online race or one major collision, you loose 1,000Cr from in game money. Then 10,000Cr for every collision after that.

Then we could have a minimum of 50,000Cr needed to race online or something. Stops most of the noobs imo.
 
You can get insurance for on-track damage of race cars Only in bold because many posters don't seem to think this exists.

I don't see how so many people have been ignorant enough to call the thread useless when the entire idea does exist in the real world. Do you think a weekend racer with a £5k car can afford to replace it if he writes the chassis off? No, so he gets it insured.

In reality that might work, and I can see it working to a point if they limit the amount of damage cost their willing to pay for. Otherwise though, most people would probably perfer to pay for damage on their own at their own convenience, which is probably why the idea has met so much resistance.
 
INSANE !!!

Insurance company's destroy the real world!

Leave it outside the virtual world please.

(no angry reply , its only my opinion)
 
Back