Poll:Car insurance in gt5

  • Thread starter Thread starter 050999742
  • 156 comments
  • 14,325 views

Do you want car insurance in gran turismo 5


  • Total voters
    375
I'd want insurance, to stop reckless drivers wall riding, hitting other cars, and general lack of care. It should make them think about using their brakes.
 
This IS stupid.

What would you have next? A week worth of in game driving lessons, followed by a theory and practical exam? Of course once you've passed you'll have do some virtual burger flipping before you can buy your first car. Then there's an MOT to pay for, tax, this brilliant insurance idea. Man think of the petrol it'd take to get to nurburg too. Plus the fees for driving round it. Thats a lot of cooking mama before you guys get racing!

Sounds like fun.
 
Next is real dying if you crash your car. Not joking. Someone will start this thread on Nov. 2nd while they are crying in the corner............
 
What insurance company would be stupid enough to ensure cars for the purpose of racing?
 
Wow, I didn't know you could actually make money in it. I can imagine the insurance premiums would be astronomical, and the payouts just as frequent.
No, and no.

Go watch a weekend of lower tier racing and tell me how many cars suffer catastrophic damage in accidents. I watched an entire weekend at Pembrey, and only saw a BMW 120d (yeah, I know, racing...) that was a write-off and a Ginetta with body and suspension damage that wouldn't have been covered.
 
This IS stupid.

What would you have next? A week worth of in game driving lessons, followed by a theory and practical exam? Of course once you've passed you'll have do some virtual burger flipping before you can buy your first car. Then there's an MOT to pay for, tax, this brilliant insurance idea. Man think of the petrol it'd take to get to nurburg too. Plus the fees for driving round it. Thats a lot of cooking mama before you guys get racing!

Sounds like fun.

:lol:
 
Voted no. Seriously, imagine if you had to choose from a range of fake GT5 insurance providers which each gave you different insurance prices and you had to do it for each car you own.
 
This is the worst idea since the inflateable dartboard..:yuck::crazy::dopey::lol:

@ GT Porsche Paying for damage repairs would be a pita but a necessary one.👍
 
Maybe PD can make a game about waiting in line while there at it.
 
OMG! the yes count is at 40. Seriously, some of you guys:tdown:
 
Damage costs will do just fine, thank you. :)
 
Insurance is way over the top, but I do find GT5 should motivate you to drive as clean as possible both offline and online. Pay for damage is a good step, but I would go further: with too much damage your car should be totalled. this means you loose the car from your garage, or add it to some wrecks collection :-)

Anyway, that would make you reconsider how to treat your car and whether or not to perform that do or die action of which you know up front that it is bound to go bad 98 out of a 100 times.

What's the fun in totally crashing your car time after time and bluntly retry it until that 1 time everything falls into place because of luck and not because of racing skill??? No offence, but that's more something to do in an arcade racer.
 
What insurance company would be stupid enough to ensure cars for the purpose of racing?

at a race in our Porsche GT3 Cup, the insurance for one race weekend is 5000 Euro, and excess is 15000 Euro.


Chris
 
Voted no because i seriously doubt the game needs it. In pretty much the same way all the other silly threads are popping up now :)


+1000, there is no place for this.
 
I voted no. It's not like $300 for a new bumper or something is a lot in GT5. If your car still is damaged after the race, I'd just buy a new one. And wages in Formula 1 in GT5!?! Have actually played this before?
 
Oh. My. Goodness. Ok, I forgot I made an account here, I never subscribed to this thread, I can't remember making it, and I only discovered it today.... great stuff.
Right well to everyone being stupid about this: I really don't care what you think....
And to everyone else who took the time to replay otherwise: Thanks, and I'm sorry I never got back to any of you.
Well, nice surprise finding this thread, none the less.
 
Motorsport is a Non contact sport, but no matter how much you try you cant avoid it sometimes.

 
I was thinking - when you have your car in GT5, and it's possible to write it off, what do you think about the idea of buying insurance for it?

So, if you write it off and it's your only car, you could get some money from insurance if you have bought it . . . interesting gamble!

What does everybody else think about this idea? Thanks guys :)

I love it! It would really add a whole new dimension to the the game and its simulation aspects. You will have to driver closer to how you would in real life
👍

Im imagining before each race you can choose to pay like 1000cr to insure your car if you think there is a possibilty of it being hevily damaged or written off.
 
No thankyou. Simple as. Extra cost you don't want in a game.
 
From the videos I've seen crashing isn't a big deal. You can slam into a wall at 150mph and continue the race with a scratch on the hood so we shouldn't have to 'worry' too much about crashing.
 
Yeah I made this thread like over a year ago and forgot about it... get over it guys... I just hope we have to pay for damage. Crashing in Forza just isn't a big enough deal.
 
Crashing in Forza just isn't a big enough deal.

Crashing in any racing game isnt a big deal. I am always astounded at how seemingly impossible it is for developers to include good realistic damage. They aren't just a little off the pace, they're off by a factor of about 5000%

And I dont mean how impressive the damage looks graphically. I mean even the concept of it is way off.
HItting a wall at 30mph would total any car, and even 15mph hits can mess up your car to an undrivable state if you hit the wrong parts.

But in most if not all racing games, even when you set the damage to full or simulation, you need to hit something at like 100mph to do any damage and even then you can pop back in the race many times.

Probably they dont want to have proper damage on purpose.
 
I understand that completely... they have to draw the line between it being a crashing sim and a driving sim... I'd rather have the later :-)
 
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg
 
Back