Poll: Do Kaz and PD listen to gamers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alfredchiwai
  • 121 comments
  • 7,832 views

Do Kaz and PD listen to gamers?

  • Yes

    Votes: 136 56.4%
  • No

    Votes: 105 43.6%

  • Total voters
    241
Messages
288
Messages
amigo8833
After knowing that seasonal events have no restrictions, I guess I have one more point to argue that PD and Kaz don't listen to gamers. At least, they should have put ONE new seasonal events with restrictions in response to the gamers who had said that they need them and yearn for more challenges and fun. Do you think so? Please vote to voice our concerns. I am not going to complain (not even whine) and I just want to express my thoughts, a move that will benefit us as well as PD because they will sell GT5 or GT6 better:)

Edit: we are discussing the attitudes of Kaz and PD towards gamers generally, rather than just this specific event. This event is just one of the examples to show they have not been listening to gamers.

Edit:Sorry, I have put my points clearer by editing that at least they should have two seasonal events with restrctions. I guess many gamers here want challenges and fun. I think it's different to restrict yourself and be restricted by others. It's more challenging and funny when you are restricted by a standard and overcoming them, which means you could reach a certain level of game. The situation is same as licenses - we got gold and feel we are good. Similarly, if we have restrictions on events and gain the rewards, we'll feel more satisfied and could prove that we are good enough. That is the fun. Passing all A-spec and seasonal events with self-restrictions only can't tell how good you are and can't give that sort of satisfaction, no to mention the limited fun by justing using overpowering strategy.

Here is the link of the poll on restrctions:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157139&page=9

Edit: Thanks, peobryant. He suggested that PD and Kaz post the recommended restrctions for each event. Great constructive idea! See if they listen. I think they should at least hire a staff member to collect opinions from gamers. Gtplanet is a very good place for them to "listen"

Edit: I understand that there is a difficulty of listening to all gamers. I hope they will give their best shot. This is about the long term attitude towards gamers, which will harm the GT6!
 
Last edited:
They didn't listen to you, what about all those other people who are stuggling with the game?
 
Well some people said no restrictions, others said restrictions on the seasonal events so they listened to half of us:tup:

With regards to other things, we asked for skid marks, reverse lights, weather, damage etc so I'd have to say yes they do listen to us.
 
Folks were complaining about restrictions, are we now complaining about not having them? :crazy:
 
Erhm...besides...NOBODY FORCES ANYBODY TO TUNE THEIR CARS, SO IT IS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WETHER YOU WANT IT TO BE A CHALLENGE OR NOT!
 
There are more casual players then there are "hardcore" (I hate that word) players. The "hardcore" players want restrictions, ect... while the casual players want the game to be easier, so they don't have to sink time into perfecting their laps and completing challenges.

So, when you think about it PD DOES listen to gamers. Just because they add something you don't like doesn't mean they don't listen.


Damage is another thing. I seem to recall Kaz saying he didn't want damage in any of the GT games, but look what we have now. The gamers wanted damage, and he provided it.
 
They didn't listen to you, what about all those other people who are stuggling with the game?

Sorry, I have put my points clearer by editing that at least they should have two seasonal events with restrctions. I guess many gamers here want challenges and fun. I think it's different to restrict yourself and be restricted by others. It's more challenging and funny when you are restricted by a standard and overcoming them, which means you could reach a certain level of game. The situation is same as licenses - we got gold and feel we are good. Similarly, if we have restrictions on events and gain the rewards, we'll feel more satisfied and could prove that we are good enough. That is the fun. Passing all A-spec and seasonal events with self-restrictions only can't tell how good you are and can't give that sort of satisfaction, no to mention the limited fun by justing using overpowering strategy.
 
After knowing that seasonal events have no restrictions, I guess I have one more point to argue that PD and Kaz don't listen to gamers. At least, they should have put two new seasonal events with restrictions in response to the gamers who had said that they need them and yearn for more challenges and fun. Do you think so? Please vote to voice our concerns.

They don't have to listen to gamers. They can look at the data and see the big drop off between how many played season event 1 and not 2 and went from there. This game is no longer for the few, not in this economy. Its for everyone of every ability. They shipped in the first month 1/10 the number of all the previous versions combined. If you want a challenge, do it on your own and don't tune your car for the events. No one is making you do jack to your cars for an unlimited event. Or are you jealous that some won the event with a tuned car?
 
They don't have to listen to gamers. They can look at the data and see the big drop off between how many played season event 1 and not 2 and went from there. This game is no longer for the few, not in this economy. Its for everyone of every ability. They shipped in the first month 1/10 the number of all the previous versions combined. If you want a challenge, do it on your own and don't tune your car for the events. No one is making you do jack to your cars for an unlimited event. Or are you jealous that some won the event with a tuned car?

In response to your argument of "restrict yourself", please read my added explanation in the first post.
 
Not many people want to make the game easier, but as of now, the seasonal events are the only way to make a quick buck and get some xp. If you want a challenge, restrict your self, or go online.
 
Also important to consider is none of us know how hard it is with the current version to balance the challenge when creating these events. There may be some sort of issue they were facing that for all we know will be addressed when they release a new patch that allows for more diversity in game play because it redefines infrastructure elements.

I think anger in a vacuum is foolish. Unless you are in the staff meetings at PD understanding what drove these decisions is likely impossible.
 
In response to your argument of "restrict yourself", please read my added explanation in the first post.

I think an easy fix for that would be to have a "recommended" tune. Meaning, when you select the event, it shows a limit or restriction that you can follow to have a similar experience to the first two seasonal events.

Example.

Track: Laguna Seca
Car: '91 Miata

When you click on the event it would say something like

Recommend:

200hp, Sports soft

The recommended setting would make for a harder challenge, similar to the original seasonal events, but those that just want to play the events can do so.
 
They don't have to listen to gamers. They can look at the data and see the big drop off between how many played season event 1 and not 2 and went from there. This game is no longer for the few, not in this economy. Its for everyone of every ability. They shipped in the first month 1/10 the number of all the previous versions combined. If you want a challenge, do it on your own and don't tune your car for the events. No one is making you do jack to your cars for an unlimited event. Or are you jealous that some won the event with a tuned car?

Ok, I listened to your suggestion of restrict yourself. But how? I am not a hardcore racing gamers and I don't know the "standard" (the restrictions) to gauge how well I am from these seasonal events. If there is one or two seasonal events there with restrictions, the result of rankings will show my skill levels and will spur me on to improve my skills. It's more fun.
 
I think an easy fix for that would be to have a "recommended" tune. Meaning, when you select the event, it shows a limit or restriction that you can follow to have a similar experience to the first two seasonal events.

Example.

Track: Laguna Seca
Car: '91 Miata

When you click on the event it would say something like

Recommend:

200hp, Sports soft

The recommended setting would make for a harder challenge, similar to the original seasonal events, but those that just want to play the events can do so.

Great idea. But, again, I hope PD and Kaz would collect gamers' great suggestions.
 
Ok, I listened to your suggestion of restrict yourself. But how? I am not a hardcore racing gamers and I don't know the "standard" (the restrictions) to gauge how well I am from these seasonal events. If there is one or two seasonal events there with restrictions, the result of rankings will show my skill levels and will spur me on to improve my skills. It's more fun.

Look at the typical opponent list. And then go from there. They give HP and weight, so you should already have clear idea of how good your car should be to beat it without over doing it.
 
Some of you guys are so damn stupid, I'm surprised you don't drown in your own piss.

All we see day after day on this forum are tons of threads going "bitch, bitch, bitch grind" or "bitch, bitch, bitch, credits"

So PD provides us with WEEKLY events that earn you gobs of credit, and gobs of experience, for FREE. That with reasonable skill, you can complete with a stock car YOU WOULDN'T NORMALLY DRIVE FOR BLOODY FREE

No monthly fee, no DLC, these are FREE updates provided for US the consumer weekly.

If you don't like it, sell your god damn game, and use the money to go get yourself an education in common sense...
 
Its far too early to draw that conclussion until you see what they do with special events in the future.

Are they planing to alternate between events with no restrictions and events with restrictions.......if so then your point is mute......they would surely be seen as trying to listen to all gamers in that case.

Even if they continue to only have unrestricted events your point is still on shaky ground. There were plenty of people on GTPlanet for example complaining that the restrictions on the special events were too challenging and the grind for XP and cash to hard so them removing the restrictions and incresing XP and cash could be the perfect example of them listening to gamers.
 
I guess many gamers here want challenges and fun. I think it's different to restrict yourself and be restricted by others.

Personally I don't have any difficulty in restricting myself in these events or indeed any of the A-Spec events. I try each event with a stock model of the required car and see how far I can get... if I can get gold using stock thats great, but I also get just as much enjoyment finding the minimum tune required, not sure what the issue is on this point really
 
Yes I think they listen but I think they listen to much to whiners who think the game should be easy. Personally I think every race should be at least as hard as a Bronze trophy in the driving test with some races being more like the silver trophy and a few bordering on gold. The events that pay big bucks should be hard to take gold on but at the same time should pay at least a modest amount of xp with each try so that if you get silver and keep trying for gold you are not coming away empty each time you fail.

One solution would be to place a modest difficulty level on each race and adjust the pay out of xp and credits up or down based on the upgrades used. TIres for example reccomended is sport medium payout is 100k if tires used = soft race then payout =25k if comfort hard used payout 200k if you can pull it off.

Of course this would allow the best drivers to level up faster but could make a lot of drivers better as they would be racing rather than just maxing out a car to blow away the AI.
 
Some of you guys are so damn stupid, I'm surprised you don't drown in your own piss.

All we see day after day on this forum are tons of threads going "bitch, bitch, bitch grind" or "bitch, bitch, bitch, credits"

So PD provides us with WEEKLY events that earn you gobs of credit, and gobs of experience, for FREE. That with reasonable skill, you can complete with a stock car YOU WOULDN'T NORMALLY DRIVE FOR BLOODY FREE

No monthly fee, no DLC, these are FREE updates provided for US the consumer weekly.

If you don't like it, sell your god damn game, and use the money to go get yourself an education in common sense...

Yes, we have paid for the game. I think GT5 is (a) good value for money. We should show gratitudes for any updates. At the same time, I would argue that if they improved the game, why could haven't they done it better? This is one of the examples they don't listen to gamers. This is about the long term general attitudes towards gamers which will harm GT6!
 
Its far too early to draw that conclussion until you see what they do with special events in the future.

Are they planing to alternate between events with no restrictions and events with restrictions.......if so then your point is mute......they would surely be seen as trying to listen to all gamers in that case.

Even if they continue to only have unrestricted events your point is still on shaky ground. There were plenty of people on GTPlanet for example complaining that the restrictions on the special events were too challenging and the grind for XP and cash to hard so them removing the restrictions and incresing XP and cash could be the perfect example of them listening to gamers.

So, why didn't they set one or two seasonal events with restrictions?
 
Personally I don't have any difficulty in restricting myself in these events or indeed any of the A-Spec events. I try each event with a stock model of the required car and see how far I can get... if I can get gold using stock thats great, but I also get just as much enjoyment finding the minimum tune required, not sure what the issue is on this point really

Still, a recommended standard restriction is needed for each event. It provides us a yardstick to gauge how well we are. Anyway, I will try your approach, thanks :)
 
This is one of the examples they don't listen to gamers. This is about the long term general attitudes towards gamers which will harm GT6!

Personally I think these seasonal events are great and the fact that these are free additions to the game (at least for those with a decent internet connection anyway, but thats another argument) sweetens it even further...

The problem with 'listening to gamers' is that if you tried doing that you would get such a wide range and varied responses that it would be impossible to fit everything in... on top of that I'll think you'll find that there are many people for example who prefer no restrictions (maybe they just want a quick grinding solution or found the original restricted challenges too hard) as well as those people who preferred the restrictions in place...

now, if you are making a game for all levels of ability, who do you listen to?
 
Personally I think these seasonal events are great and the fact that these are free additions to the game (at least for those with a decent internet connection anyway, but thats another argument) sweetens it even further...

The problem with 'listening to gamers' is that if you tried doing that you would get such a wide range and varied responses that it would be impossible to fit everything in... on top of that I'll think you'll find that there are many people for example who prefer no restrictions (maybe they just want a quick grinding solution or found the original restricted challenges too hard) as well as those people who preferred the restrictions in place...

now, if you are making a game for all levels of ability, who do you listen to?

Yeah, I understand that there is a difficulty of listening to all gamers. I hope they will try their best shot.
 
Seasonal events are a great way to level up and earn extra credits. They address one of GT5's biggest problems: no reasonable way to earn 20,000,000 Cr to buy some of the better cars and the grueling leveling grind up to level 30/35.

BUT

The restrictions addressed the lack of challenge in events problem. It was fun tuning your car to the limit of the restrictions and facing tough challenges.

If they were listening they would have both. Some races with restrictions where 3rd place was easy to achieve but 1st and 2nd were big challenges.

I'm really disappointed by the change in the seasonal events.
 
Seasonal events are a great way to level up and earn extra credits. They address one of GT5's biggest problems: no reasonable way to earn 20,000,000 Cr to buy some of the better cars and the grueling leveling grind up to level 30/35.

BUT

The restrictions addressed the lack of challenge in events problem. It was fun tuning your car to the limit of the restrictions and facing tough challenges.

If they were listening they would have both. Some races with restrictions where 3rd place was easy to achieve but 1st and 2nd were big challenges.

I'm really disappointed by the change in the seasonal events.

This is probably something that could appease most people, for each event have 2 levels, Normal, and Challenge

For Normal, no restrictions... for Challenge, set some restrictions and either increase the credits/xp or reward with cars for Bronze/Silver/Gold
 
In my opinion they did listen to the majority, when they removed the restrictions. I guess there was a bigger feedback because people couldn't win the seasonal events with these restrictions...

Not everyone has the time to grind forever but still likes to go level up every once in a while...

Why do have some guys problems with this anyway? It's (still) possible to restrict yourself! Maybe the next seasonal event will be a FGT against PRIUS or Minis :crazy:

Just play, have fun and care less about what others do.
 
Guys, look at it like this. With restrictions, the casual gamer just will not be able to complete these challenges. But without restrictions, you can make it as hard or easy as you want, so hardcore drivers (who should already be good enough to be able to tell how much tuning they need to be competitive by looking at the typical opponents), can have a challenge if they really want to, and the casuals can make it more reachable for them. Also, remember, when you start tuning some of these cars, your profit margin rapidly drops, so the less tuning you do, the more money your really making.
ex. Racing softs (36k), high RPM turbo (20k), stage 3 weight reduction (20k), that is probably worth more than the car it self in many cases.
 
Aah, not this nonsense again. Are we going to have one after each seasonal event update?!! Don't tune your car, don't use any assistance and use comfort tyres. There, done.
 
Back