Poll: Do Kaz and PD listen to gamers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alfredchiwai
  • 121 comments
  • 7,832 views

Do Kaz and PD listen to gamers?

  • Yes

    Votes: 136 56.4%
  • No

    Votes: 105 43.6%

  • Total voters
    241
That is the question that I do for a long time:
It's been more than seven months since the release of GT5 and still have only released patches (some useless), but still have not even heard our request ...
Why PD?
http://feedback.gtplanet.net/forums/96709-gt5-feedback
- Ghosting more realistic. Now it is very unrealistic and exaggerated
- Endurance save
- DLC (tracks and cars)
- Upgrade standard to premium cars
- Better Replay System
- Better support for Fanatec wheels and G25/27
-Improve online, we want more options
- ecc... ecc...

The very first item at the feedback forum involves endurance saves, with a note from Jordan saying that PD has taken notice and will add it to an update in the future. There's the answer to your question.
 
Where are endurance saves :(
👍
I read that we would have 'suspend' options in our pause menu, started an enduro race last night thinking I could suspend it. Nope! :scared: :crazy:
Why have it for championships and not all races? :dunce: :dunce:
 
GTPlanet.net users have voiced their opinions of GT5 and provided feedback on what needs improvement. I wish Polyphony Digital would listen. This isn't the 90's. Modern developers should work closely with their fans.
 
My best guess is they do to a point. However, when posters insult PD, I doubt their posts are taken seriously.

I wouldn't either if someone threw words such "lazy, jerks, ignorant or pathetic" (these seem to be prevalent on GTPlanet) in my direction.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but some of the posts around here won't be taken seriously.
 
GTPlanet.net users have voiced their opinions of GT5 and provided feedback on what needs improvement. I wish Polyphony Digital would listen. This isn't the 90's. Modern developers should work closely with their fans.
I feel like a lot of Japanese developers still work in a vacuum.

Just look at game series headed by one guy with a singular vision like Hideo Kojima or Kaz. Unfortunately for us the consumer, you have to be in or out with their vision of the game, in their world.
 
I think a lot of headaches in the GT world could be alleviated by people not jumping to conclusions.

Don't assume that simply because something is requested that PD are somehow obligated to agree with or even acknowledge it. Don't mistake idle speculations and "we'd like to include <insert feature here>" translated from twitter accounts in non-native tongues as promises they'll be included. And most importantly don't assume that features that are said to be being worked on *have* to be included in the very next update.
 
That is the question that I do for a long time:
It's been more than seven months since the release of GT5 and still have only released patches (some useless), but still have not even heard our request ...
Why PD?
http://feedback.gtplanet.net/forums/96709-gt5-feedback
- Ghosting more realistic. Now it is very unrealistic and exaggerated
- Endurance save
- DLC (tracks and cars)
- Upgrade standard to premium cars
- Better Replay System
- Better support for Fanatec wheels and G25/27
-Improve online, we want more options
- ecc... ecc...

Since you want to play this game, here's a partial list of the features we wanted that they have implemented:

- Individual gear ratio settings.
- Performance Point system.
- Buying parts from the tuning menu.
- Improving AI. (More upgrades on this will come later, that's for sure).
- Saving mid-championship.
- Endurance save IS coming, Kaz has twitted about this.
- Being able to change your driver's appearance after creation.
- Mechanical damage.
- A "check" symbol that indicates whether or not you have the car, both in premium and UCD.
- Being able to set banking on turns on the track creator.
- Faster loading menus.

I thought of all of these in under 3 minutes, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot.

Need any more?

They do listen, whether you want to believe it or just stay in denial is up to you.
 
Since you want to play this game, here's a partial list of the features we wanted that they have implemented:

- Individual gear ratio settings.
- Performance Point system.
- Buying parts from the tuning menu.
- Improving AI. (More upgrades on this will come later, that's for sure).
- Saving mid-championship.
- Endurance save IS coming, Kaz has twitted about this.
- Being able to change your driver's appearance after creation.
- Mechanical damage.
- A "check" symbol that indicates whether or not you have the car, both in premium and UCD.
- Being able to set banking on turns on the track creator.
- Faster loading menus.

I thought of all of these in under 3 minutes, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot.

Need any more?

They do listen, whether you want to believe it or just stay in denial is up to you.

These were obvious because the game was released in November INCOMPLETE. HELMETS AND SUIT ... because they are unnecessary? Why bother to create such nonsense?
 
Try tweeting Kaz or emailing sony they will have more of a clue than us on here.
 
These were obvious because the game was released in November INCOMPLETE. HELMETS AND SUIT ... because they are unnecessary? Why bother to create such nonsense?

Ah, so if every fix and change they deliver on the patches are "obvious changes because the game was incomplete" to you, then sure. Believe whatever you want to believe. :)
 
I feel like a lot of Japanese developers still work in a vacuum.

Just look at game series headed by one guy with a singular vision like Hideo Kojima or Kaz. Unfortunately for us the consumer, you have to be in or out with their vision of the game, in their world.

👍 Yes.
 
They damn well better start listening to their customers, considering how amazing Forza 4 looks. I'm more entertained by the videos of that game than I am actually playing GT5.
 
Ah, so if every fix and change they deliver on the patches are "obvious changes because the game was incomplete" to you, then sure. Believe whatever you want to believe. :)

PP were present in GT5 Prologue, it's very stupid AI and static mechanical damage should be the beginning (only online, why ?)... :)
The only positive thing are the seasonal events!
 
These were obvious because the game was released in November INCOMPLETE. HELMETS AND SUIT ... because they are unnecessary? Why bother to create such nonsense?

Because people were complaining about not being able to change the look of their drivers. PD responded.
 
Every change so far from PD has been in direct response to what people in the community have asked for. It's a great deal more than the response you get from most game companies.
 
:confused: GT5 is a racing game... :(

And racing involves racing outfits and helmets. If you look any race event series, you'll notice that the drivers do use these outfits and helmets, and these are generally different from each other.

And this is in real life racing.
 
:confused: GT5 is a racing game... :(

Now it's a B-Spec Barbie dressing up game!

I'm sure they will fix/add more Race features in subsequent patches.
 
Because people ask for too much.

Have you tried racing online? It's just non-stop slipstreaming it really kills the game. This was the same in prologue and they had a few years to sort it out and did they? It's not that hard you know...

:confused: GT5 is a racing game... :(

Haha, well said.
 
It's been 7 months and still have not even released a track / new car premium. :grumpy:
 
And racing involves racing outfits and helmets. If you look any race event series, you'll notice that the drivers do use these outfits and helmets, and these are generally different from each other.

And this is in real life racing.

Yes, but somebody in PD should prioritise endurance saves over Barbie and Ken thing.
 
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161988

Duplicate thread... Merging.
 
Yes, but somebody in PD should prioritise endurance saves over Barbie and Ken thing.

I'm pretty sure they're working on more than one thing at the same time. Also, some things could be more difficult than others or require more time to develop or test. It's not uncommon in software development to release some minor features in between of larger updates.
 
They * well better start listening to their customers, considering how amazing Forza 4 looks. I'm more entertained by the videos of that game than I am actually playing GT5.
I think we sometimes forget those of us who visit these forums are very small percentage compared to the average console gamer. I would bet the percentage of people on this forum who race with wheel is a lot higher than the average PS3/Gt5 owner.
I wouldn't be surprised that Forza 4 will have less sales than Forza 3 (the same with GT6 vs GT5) even if these games gave everything we asked for.
 
I still think they do but I feel they spend their time on the wrong things. I admit that I have changed the look of my drivers but by the end of the day I couldn't care less about drivers clothes. I think they should try to listen to our complaints about the AI. A couple of times they have stated that the AI has been adjusted but I cannot feel a difference. How hard can it be to program an AI which doesn't drive like it is afraid of the player? My next biggest gripe is that the game still doesn't have passive leaderboards like GT5 Prologue had. Instead they give us a couple of trials every week but I cannot find a reason to leave my mark on a leaderboard which is just online for a couple of weeks. They need to sort out the fundamental things before I even want them to consider adding more cars, clothes, events etc.
 
Well, there's one thing we know for a fact, GT success has never been because of it's AI. Sadly developers know for the most part a game's AI is not a big selling point. I find a lot of console games are very easy now days.
 
Last edited:
I still think they do but I feel they spend their time on the wrong things. I admit that I have changed the look of my drivers but by the end of the day I couldn't care less about drivers clothes. I think they should try to listen to our complaints about the AI. A couple of times they have stated that the AI has been adjusted but I cannot feel a difference. How hard can it be to program an AI which doesn't drive like it is afraid of the player? My next biggest gripe is that the game still doesn't have passive leaderboards like GT5 Prologue had. Instead they give us a couple of trials every week but I cannot find a reason to leave my mark on a leaderboard which is just online for a couple of weeks. They need to sort out the fundamental things before I even want them to consider adding more cars, clothes, events etc.

Who says they aren't? Game development is an intricate process. It's not just one guy sitting at a desk deciding which tasks to tackle in sequential order. If the intern handling the small things like driver suits finishes in time for it to go out for a patch while whomever is working on the bigger things is sorting it out then why shouldn't they release the little stuff so that people can take advantage of it?


And to clear up a misconception among the gamers of today: The game *was* shipped finished. Every bit as much as GT2 *was* shipped finished. The fact you can get post release support at all is a convenience of modern technology and a courtesy of PD, not some god given right.
 
Back