POLL: DS4 Users, Would You Want This Effect Forced On You?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 22 comments

Would you like a forced on effect where the DS4 would vibrate every time cars understeered?

• Total voters

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Just to make it clear; you would have no option to turn the effect on or off, & no option to control the strength of the effect (unless you turned vibration off altogether).

VBR
Just to make it clear; you would have no option to turn the effect on or off, & no option to control the strength of the effect (unless you turned vibration off altogether).
Then definitely no .

VBR

What’s the point if there’s no strength setting, or no decision to have the normal feedback with or without this additional understeer feedback? It seems like a good idea in concept, but the limited way you’re describing it reads like you’re intentionally trying to get “no” votes.

I vote DN because if I race most of the time with the said setting on, I believe it can decrease the controller's life and battery life as well.

What’s the point if there’s no strength setting, or no decision to have the normal feedback with or without this additional understeer feedback? It seems like a good idea in concept, but the limited way you’re describing it reads like you’re intentionally trying to get “no” votes.

its because this exact effect exists for wheel users.

Because that's what you get when you're on a wheel. There's no option to turn it off or adjust the strength.

I voted no, you can kind of work it out from the sound of tyre squeal at the moment, I would imagine near constant vibration would kill your wrists if you play for any time.

I haven't experienced vibration, any time my real car(s) understeered. On bumpy surfaces in corners, at high speeds, yes. The tyre howl is probably enough communication, in addition, to the car not reacting to (more)steering input. As a DS4 user, wouldn't bother me. However, for this poll, my answer is a DN

My wheel doesn’t do this... it just gets light when there’s understeer... no vibrations/rattle effects... (Thrustmaster T300rs)

My wheel doesn’t do this... it just gets light when there’s understeer... no vibrations/rattle effects... (Thrustmaster T300rs)

Really? I have the same wheel (GT Edition) and it does vibrate/rattle. It's most notable in the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge, since the car understeers a lot. Hm, interesting.

Last edited:
In Forza motorsport with the xbox controller, the triggers vibrate if you start to lose traction. It’s great and I wish Sony would copy this with PS5 controller. It’s much better than what the ds4 does.

So voted definitely yes.

Is this really necessary? I dont need vibration to understand if car doing understeer or not.

Nope, it's not necessary at all. I completely agree with you. However, PD seems to think it's necessary for wheel users but not DS4 users, as this is exactly what we have.

You're right, there is no point if there's no option to adjust the strength or turn it off. And, I did suspect that the majority of DS4 users wouldn't want an effect like this forced on, just like the majority of wheel users don't appreciate having it forced on. I got the idea for the poll from something I posted in the understeer vibration thread:

VBR
Something dawned on me when playing with the pad recently; there's no vibration effect when cars understeer. So, it made me wonder what percentage of DS4 users would want that effect forced on them with no way to turn it off...
Source.

I agree with James Harden.
I turned off the vibration from the beginning to extend battery life. If it was forced on, I would not be very pleased.

I agree with James Harden.
I turned off the vibration from the beginning to extend battery life. If it was forced on, I would not be very pleased.
You agree with me? Suddenly, I feel flattered, especially when I see you called me by my name. :sly::lol:

Kidding aside, if this feature exists, then there should be an option in terms of implementing the vibration, like if it can be set to "mild" or "strong" so that players can choose how it would suit their preferences.

So, the poll results prove my point, the majority of DS4 players wouldn't want this effect forced on. So, why is PD forcing this effect on wheels users! Why is it so hard for PD to understand the simple concept of giving players options instead of forcing new features on them...

:banghead: 🤬 :mad: :ouch: :grumpy:

Back