POLL: DS4 Users, Would You Want This Effect Forced On You?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by VBR, Dec 4, 2019.

?

Would you like a forced on effect where the DS4 would vibrate every time cars understeered?

1. Definitely Yes

14.7%
  2. Maybe Yes

11.8%
  3. Not Sure

20.6%
  4. Maybe Not

7.4%
  5. Definitely Not

45.6%
  1. VBR

VBR Premium

Just to make it clear; you would have no option to turn the effect on or off, & no option to control the strength of the effect (unless you turned vibration off altogether).

2. George Jakob

George Jakob

Then definitely no .

3. talhaONE

talhaONE (Banned)

Is this really necessary? I dont need vibration to understand if car doing understeer or not.

4. George Jakob

George Jakob

We don't agree very often but this is one of those times :tup:

talhaONE likes this.
  5. Marius789

Marius789 Premium

I use a wheel, but I would like that feature on a controller as well.

6. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

You probably dont get much understeer wallriding and corner cutting anyway.

gloriousg4, Dimitri, TJC_69 and 11 others like this.
  7. Quakebass

Quakebass

What’s the point if there’s no strength setting, or no decision to have the normal feedback with or without this additional understeer feedback? It seems like a good idea in concept, but the limited way you’re describing it reads like you’re intentionally trying to get “no” votes.

KepleroGT likes this.
  8. GTV0819

GTV0819

I vote DN because if I race most of the time with the said setting on, I believe it can decrease the controller's life and battery life as well.

sturk0167 likes this.
  9. Stencedaddy

Stencedaddy

its because this exact effect exists for wheel users.

VBR and BaareCZ like this.
  10. BaareCZ

BaareCZ

Because that's what you get when you're on a wheel. There's no option to turn it off or adjust the strength.

VBR likes this.
  11. Quakebass

Quakebass

Sorry, I don’t have a PS4 compatible wheel so I didn’t understand the context.

VBR, BaareCZ and Stencedaddy like this.
  12. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I voted no, you can kind of work it out from the sound of tyre squeal at the moment, I would imagine near constant vibration would kill your wrists if you play for any time.

Pigems and Riptide like this.
  13. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Why would you?

14. 05XR8

05XR8

I haven't experienced vibration, any time my real car(s) understeered. On bumpy surfaces in corners, at high speeds, yes. The tyre howl is probably enough communication, in addition, to the car not reacting to (more)steering input. As a DS4 user, wouldn't bother me. However, for this poll, my answer is a DN

15. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

My wheel doesn’t do this... it just gets light when there’s understeer... no vibrations/rattle effects... (Thrustmaster T300rs)

16. BaareCZ

BaareCZ

Really? I have the same wheel (GT Edition) and it does vibrate/rattle. It's most notable in the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge, since the car understeers a lot. Hm, interesting.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    VBR likes this.
  17. MikeV27

MikeV27

In Forza motorsport with the xbox controller, the triggers vibrate if you start to lose traction. It’s great and I wish Sony would copy this with PS5 controller. It’s much better than what the ds4 does.

So voted definitely yes.

18. VBR

VBR Premium

Nope, it's not necessary at all. I completely agree with you. However, PD seems to think it's necessary for wheel users but not DS4 users, as this is exactly what we have.

You're right, there is no point if there's no option to adjust the strength or turn it off. And, I did suspect that the majority of DS4 users wouldn't want an effect like this forced on, just like the majority of wheel users don't appreciate having it forced on. I got the idea for the poll from something I posted in the understeer vibration thread:

Source.

Knukel and Scaff like this.
  19. sturk0167

sturk0167

I agree with James Harden.
    I turned off the vibration from the beginning to extend battery life. If it was forced on, I would not be very pleased.

20. Andrearosso

Andrearosso

If this is a option, why not?

21. VBR

VBR Premium

It would not be an option at all, it would be forced on, you wouldn't be able to turn it off.

22. GTV0819

GTV0819

You agree with me? Suddenly, I feel flattered, especially when I see you called me by my name. :sly::lol:

Kidding aside, if this feature exists, then there should be an option in terms of implementing the vibration, like if it can be set to "mild" or "strong" so that players can choose how it would suit their preferences.

sturk0167 likes this.
  23. VBR

VBR Premium

So, the poll results prove my point, the majority of DS4 players wouldn't want this effect forced on. So, why is PD forcing this effect on wheels users! Why is it so hard for PD to understand the simple concept of giving players options instead of forcing new features on them...

:banghead: :censored: :mad: :ouch: :grumpy: