POLL: If you have a PS4 already, will you buy GTSport

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 191 comments

If you have a PS4 already, do you plan on purchasing GTSport

• Total voters
Not sure why anyone would commit to a purchase of any product they know next to nothing about, but each to their own.

Why not. This is not their first game and most users following it know pretty much what to expect. Moreover it is not annualised series like F1 or fifa where I guess many user skip 1year as that is not enough time to bring in proper changes to the game.

Same answer as in the other almost similar thread. I'm going to wait for reviews and then decide, so undecided.

Why not. This is not their first game and most users following it know pretty much what to expect. Moreover it is not annualised series like F1 or fifa where I guess many user skip 1year as that is not enough time to bring in proper changes to the game.

We know next to nothing about the game, and given their recent history re-using ancient assets (sound and graphics), dumbing the game down, and taking forever to release promised content, I would have thought more people would at least wait for some info on the game before blindly committing to buying it, but like I said, each to their own.

We know next to nothing about the game, and given their recent history re-using ancient assets (sound and graphics), dumbing the game down, and taking forever to release promised content, I would have thought more people would at least wait for some info on the game before blindly committing to buying it, but like I said, each to their own.

There are both sides of the coins. Sure some people are put off by their last games and probably not interested but there are many who are interested as well. As I said it will be 3years by the time GTS will be released and moreover it is on a new platform. So there will be some changes in development on a new console not only in gfx rendering but other areas too

Last time this question was posted there was no PS4 in my house, but nowadays there is. Depending on reviews I will or will not get GTSport. That said, I've been known to pick up games a lot worse than GT5/6 in the past. :lol:

There are both sides of the coins. Sure some people are put off by their last games and probably not interested but there are many who are interested as well. As I said it will be 3years by the time GTS will be released and moreover it is on a new platform. So there will be some changes in development on a new console not only in gfx rendering but other areas too

Sure they've been developing it for three years, and it's on a new platform, but that doesn't guarantee they'll make it a better game, it just guarantees they have a better machine to work with. They managed to make GT5 and 6 pretty bad despite the enormous performance leap the PS3 offered over the PS2. Those games weren't bad because of the PS3's limitations, they were bad because of sketchy design choices like prioritising graphics over sounds, removing endurances in GT6, the increased amount of gimmicky mini games, working on pointless features like the gps data visualiser, stuffing up the physics in GT6, and completely ignoring the career mode, making it basically a smaller version of every other GT game career mode.

Oh and leaving PS2 assets in was also a poor desicion, and one they actually said they're planning to do again on PS4...

There was a more than three year gap between GT5 and GT6, two titles on the same platform, and 6 was only a development of the GT5 engine, so it should have been made a hell of a lot better in three years, and yet it was somehow made significantly worse. The physics were worse, there were more bugs, the AI was somehow made worse, the game was much easier and shorter, and they removed features. The online was better, but was ridiculously unstable.

So considering the best upgrade they could come up with over GT5 in three years was GT6, there is absolutely no guarantee that three years will be long enough to make GTS a lot better than GT6, despite the hardware improvement.

Edit: I do of course hope that GTS is the massive leap forward for the series we've all been waiting for for over five years now, but I'll just continue to keep my expectations in check considering their recent history taking forever to make sub par games. I'll be taking the same approach to Pcars 2 after the Pcars 1 hype train failed to deliver much.

Sure they've been developing it for three years, and it's on a new platform, but that doesn't guarantee they'll make it a better game, it just guarantees they have a better machine to work with. They managed to make GT5 and 6 pretty bad despite the enormous performance leap the PS3 offered over the PS2. Those games weren't bad because of the PS3's limitations, they were bad because of sketchy design choices like prioritising graphics over sounds, removing endurances in GT6, the increased amount of gimmicky mini games, working on pointless features like the gps data visualiser, stuffing up the physics in GT6, and completely ignoring the career mode, making it basically a smaller version of every other GT game career mode.

Oh and leaving PS2 assets in was also a poor desicion, and one they actually said they're planning to do again on PS4...

There was a more than three year gap between GT5 and GT6, two titles on the same platform, and 6 was only a development of the GT5 engine, so it should have been made a hell of a lot better in three years, and yet it was somehow made significantly worse. The physics were worse, there were more bugs, the AI was somehow made worse, the game was much easier and shorter, and they removed features. The online was better, but was ridiculously unstable.

So considering the best upgrade they could come up with over GT5 in three years was GT6, there is absolutely no guarantee that three years will be long enough to make GTS a lot better than GT6, despite the hardware improvement.

Good point well made Mike. Although you have made me drop into a deep depression ;)

Cheers, Zo.

Edit...... just a quick note about the wording of the poll, what would be the point of buying GTS if you didn't have a PS4? ;)

Edit edit....... sorry about all the winking, I've got something in my eye.

Good point well made Mike. Although you have made me drop into a deep depression ;)

Cheers, Zo.

Haha sorry brother I didn't mean to depress anyone, I'm just trying to keep my expectations realistic, and not get caught up in the hype train, which I guarantee will be steaming ahead strong as ever as we get closer to a GT release lol. If I keep my expectations low, and I believe, given recent history, realistic, then I'll be stoked if PD finally does up their game and bring the GT franchise back to the pointy end of the racing genre.

I could hope that they see the increasing competition, even on PS4, by the likes of Pcars, AC, and Dirt Rally, but in the past they've always seemed to march to their own beat, and not really pay any attention to what makes their competition popular. I think this is why they were so late to the party on implementing damage, and why they still haven't brought things like a livery editor or drivetrain swaps to GT, despite popular demand.

I'm sitting on the fence for this. I made the mistake of pre ordering GT6 on the PS3, and then did the same with pCARS on the PS4, even though I vowed not to board the hype train again.
I guess I'll wait it out and gather more information as and when it's available, but seeing as PD are a secretive bunch, it may be after release that I'll get it (subject to reviews of course).

Edit: I do of course hope that GTS is the massive leap forward for the series we've all been waiting for for over five years now, but I'll just continue to keep my expectations in check considering their recent history taking forever to make sub par games. I'll be taking the same approach to Pcars 2 after the Pcars 1 hype train failed to deliver much.

GT6 has much better physics than GT5 and is a better game though GT5 had many good things as well. But anyways no need to derail this thread like pretty much every thread in this site. I am sure there are countless such topics here. Regarding GTS. I was just giving an example lol. Many people including me are looking forward to it and know what to expect from the game.

Undecided depending on how the beta goes.
Should be a tall tale after that.

GT6 has much better physics than GT5 and is a better game though GT5 had many good things as well. But anyways no need to derail this thread like pretty much every thread in this site. I am sure there are countless such topics here. Regarding GTS. I was just giving an example lol. Many people including me are looking forward to it and know what to expect from the game.

GT6's physics weren't better, they were completely backwards from reality and most of the settings either did nothing, or did the opposite of what they would have in real life. At least the settings kind of worked in GT5. Other than the online setup, I can't think of anything significant that GT6 does better than GT5, and I certainly wouldn't consider it a better game. GT6 felt like a pared down version of GT5 that was made significantly easier and more casual.

What was your example? You were just suggesting that the game will be good enough to warrant committing to buying it a whole year before it comes out, despite knowing nothing at all about it, based on the sole fact that it will have taken 3 years to make. I reminded you that GT6 took 3 years to make, despite using the same engine as GT5, and being on the same platform, and it was, according to most, significantly worse than GT5. Selling less than half the amount of copies reflects how poor it was compared to GT5.

I'll also remind you that you started this back and forth by quoting my first post and taking the conversation in this direction. If you wish to stop the conversation, you don't need to keep quoting me, but don't quote my post, and then tell me not to "derail this thread", just so you can have the last say lol. Everything I've said is relevant to the topic of whether I, as a PS4 owner, will commit to buying a game a year before it comes out.

Haha I totally agree, and if you take a look at the poll, that right there is the reason why PD don't need to (and probaby won't) really improve their game much. They can just keep doing the same thing every time, over hype, under deliver, and blind fans will gobble it up every time. How many people have committed to buying GTS without knowing anything about it? It's insanity!

So basically...

artworks_cover.jpg

You should have posted this instead. It would be just as relevant:
1c83e1c0388b35d43f2401543c9e214fb31892cec0d3966c7fe11955b5efe18f.jpg
Ahh, Is that the source you base most of your 'Logic' and assumptions off of? :lol:

Anyway Johnny, I see you still have not answered my question I asked a few weeks back. I am not surprised though. Must be hard to admit you were wrong again and again. Surely you must be used to it by now, no?

Physics of GT6 isn't perfect, has some problems, but clearly it's far better than GT5.

GT6 is better than GT5 on almost all points. I regret the lack of endurance races, difficulty downgraded and arcade mode.

PoDi handed the series back on track with GT6. It gave me a lot of confidence for the future.

GT6's physics weren't better, they were completely backwards from reality and most of the settings either did nothing, or did the opposite of what they would have in real life. At least the settings kind of worked in GT5. Other than the online setup, I can't think of anything significant that GT6 does better than GT5, and I certainly wouldn't consider it a better game. GT6 felt like a pared down version of GT5 that was made significantly easier and more casual.

What was your example? You were just suggesting that the game will be good enough to warrant committing to buying it a whole year before it comes out, despite knowing nothing at all about it, based on the sole fact that it will have taken 3 years to make. I reminded you that GT6 took 3 years to make, despite using the same engine as GT5, and being on the same platform, and it was, according to most, significantly worse than GT5. Selling less than half the amount of copies reflects how poor it was compared to GT5.

I'll also remind you that you started this back and forth by quoting my first post and taking the conversation in this direction. If you wish to stop the conversation, you don't need to keep quoting me, but don't quote my post, and then tell me not to "derail this thread", just so you can have the last say lol. Everything I've said is relevant to the topic of whether I, as a PS4 owner, will commit to buying a game a year before it comes out.

I think you're in the minority with that view. Most of the reviews for GT6 I read praised the handling model and said it was an improvement on GT5.

I think you're in the minority with that view. Most of the reviews for GT6 I read praised the handling model and said it was an improvement on GT5.
Being in the minority is something normal,not everyone has enough knowledge to evaluate the physics of one game :)

I'm not saying it's true.

Just that some reviews you read didn't agree with me, I know. I stated quite clearly what I thought was wrong with GT6's physics. At least settings like camber had an effect in GT5. The only thing from memory that was worse in GT5 was the weight transfer, the cars had very little feeling of inertia. Moving to GT6 this was the only thing I felt had improved, although compared to sims like Pcars it's still a long way off where it needs to be in GTS.

Some people feel the physics in GT6 are great, and much better than GT5, but then again, a lot of people seemed to think the physics in GT6 were changed for the better with every single patch, so we all know here how strong the placebo effect is in some people.

PD tried to improve the physics for GT6, and in some areas they did, but other areas they just broke. Suspension settings, ride height, and diff settings all work backwards to reality, camber is broken, and aero hardly seems to do anything at all. Cars spaz out at high speed and do very odd things, ff cars do stoppies, rollovers cause weird floating behaviour, tyres are unrealistically grippy, and show no signs of behaving like real tyres, you can lap circuits about 10 seconds faster than real life, and the physics are different online to offline. Now I know some of these issues were present in GT5 too, but my point is they made just as many, if not more, things worse in GT6 than they made better.

I really hope they do make the physics realistic in GTS, as I think they have the budget, and the passion, to make a great sim if they can get the physics and sounds right. The series seemed to make consistent progress through the first four major titles, and even in 5 you could see the progress in some areas, but 6 just seemed to either stagnate, or take things backwards. GTS will be the best time to make a big leap forward for the series, and if they can do that, they'll bring back a lot of fans they lost with GT6.

Back