Poll: Nissan GT-R SpecV or Chevrolet ZR-1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akmuq
  • 230 comments
  • 20,054 views

Which do you prefer?


  • Total voters
    570
Thank god for that :) I was devastated when they switched from H-pattern to sequential gearboxes in V8 Supercars. IMO driving a proper manual is half the fun of driving (which is partially why I voted ZR1). Just look at the footwork below, its an art

 
I read somewhere that the transversely mounted leaf springs on the corvette are used because they also act as anti-roll bars, thereby keeping the suspension simple, light, and efficient. It may not be the best in the corners, but the weight savings comes in handy in other places. I thought it was pretty clever.
 
In some applications, leaf springs can negate the need for anti-roll bars but I'm pretty sure the ZR-1 still runs them front and rear
 
I think Dodge Viper could take them both!:sly:

But I voted for the Corvette - it looks meaner and, in the game at least, is more fun to drive.
 
I love rear-wheel drive. So I'm definitely going with the ZR1. And the specV is not that much better over the standard GT-R....to me atleast.
 
For me, the ZR-1 is much more enjoyable to drive/race. The GTR feels way to safe and friendly. Racing isn't fun unless you're stressed out and scared. Also, times being what they are with everyone interested in MPGs and hybrids and fuel cells and what not...the ZR-1 shows up with a 6.2L supercharged V8 and to that I say "Bravo, good sir!"

That being said, if this were real life, I'd have to pick the GT-R as my daily driver and the ZR-1 as my weekend/let's drive from Miami to Orlando in 2hrs 23mins car.
 
I wonder how fast id get ridiculed off this forum if i said GT-R... Hehe jk im of course all ZR1.. Its fast as hell when u get ir right ana an absolute hooligan when you feel like drifting.. Hell i took my first one and decided to powerslide circles around my VIper ACR.. Which gives me an idea for another thread....
 
I'm a fan of the technology in the GTR, but don't like how gigantic the R35 became over the R34 (which wasn't really a small car either). R34 is still my favorite. I love the look of the GTR, it's just huge in real life. Some parts are good (you could fit a softball in the exhaust tips), but I'd really wish the whole car could be scaled down about 30% or so in dimensions and weight while keeping the same proportions.
 
I've seen a GT-R in real life and it's awesome. I don't know what you all complain about it's looks for. I've also seen a Veyron,a 458 and whatever was at the Top Gear Show, and the GT-R was one of my favorites.👍
 
American cars are lame.

NISSAN GT-R!

P.S. I'm American.
 
So... You're asking us whether we prefer raw American rubber-burning power to a twin-turbo high-end Dyson..?
 
MegaD
So... You're asking us whether we prefer raw American rubber-burning power to a twin-turbo high-end Dyson..?

Yes.
 
Goin with the ZR1. Though I'd give an appendage for either
 
Uxi
I'm a fan of the technology in the GTR, but don't like how gigantic the R35 became over the R34 (which wasn't really a small car either).

Reminds me of this pic:

post-24902-1199769661.jpg


Looks like a big fish eating a little fish lol nom nom nom.
 
Reminds me of this pic:

PIC

Looks like a big fish eating a little fish lol nom nom nom.

Gah, the R35 really is butt ugly compared to the R34.

No but serious, the R35 looks like the chubby brother who also want to play with the other kids but can't cause he is clumsy.

porschenissan_1.jpg


Yea, the GTR is by far the ugliest of them imo.

Wonder which japanese cars tomorrow's youngsters will be able to have fun with:D
 
Last edited:
Reminds me of this pic:

post-24902-1199769661.jpg


Looks like a big fish eating a little fish lol nom nom nom.

Wow that really tells the story doesn't it...

I agree that the R35 GT-R looks amazing in the flesh but you can't beat the look of the R34 in my opinion
 
Gah, the R35 really is butt ugly compared to the R34.

No but serious, the R35 looks like the chubby brother who also want to play with the other kids but can't cause he is clumsy.

porschenissan_1.jpg


Yea, the GTR is by far the ugliest of them imo.

Wonder which japanese cars tomorrow's youngsters will be able to have fun with:D

It has a bad profile. Its too tall for one. Look at the Corvette and the Porsche, they are low and wide. One of the best profiles ever belong to the Mercialago, its one of the lowest and widest production cars ever. Now the GT-R would be so much better if they lowered it, and shed some 400 KG.
 
As a Vette fan, I voted the ZR-1.
 
It has a bad profile. Its too tall for one. Look at the Corvette and the Porsche, they are low and wide. One of the best profiles ever belong to the Mercialago, its one of the lowest and widest production cars ever. Now the GT-R would be so much better if they lowered it, and shed some 400 KG.

More like this

nissan-gt-r-450-300-250909.jpg


But I still think it looks chubby and clumsy:(
 
Last edited:
More like this

nissan-gt-r-450-300-250909.jpg


But I still think it looks chubby and clumsy:(

Even though the suspension has been lowered, the car's chassis itself is too tall. Redesign anybody?
 
All this GT-R downtalk, i think the car looks fantastic, and its performance at the time of release was nothing short of incredible. Like it or not, it is a great car. The ZR-1 is also though, no doubt.
 
All this GT-R downtalk, i think the car looks fantastic, and its performance at the time of release was nothing short of incredible. Like it or not, it is a great car. The ZR-1 is also though, no doubt.

I think most people (like myself) simply said they don't like the look of it. For the price (or even a lot more) it's one of the fastest things you can buy with 4 wheels. However, I'd still have to wake up and see it every day, and with that said I couldn't chose it. Too big looking for what I want in a sports car. Just preferences. 👍
 
For me GT-R is more of a grand tourer than a sports car and as such it's incredible. I actually voted GT-R because i would buy that in the real life if these two cars were on offer. 4wd, 4 seats and comfortable ride with serious performance. GT-R is boring though to be honest and now that i think about it in the game context the Corvette is the more exciting and interesting car so i propably should have voted that instead. :)

Edit: Considering that the spec-v has sacrificed some of the sensibility of the standard GT-R is also something i forgot to take in to account. :p
 
Last edited:
In gt5 I take the zr1 any day. It is just such a beast. So demanding and so rewarding. A perfect example of a car you can driven and controlled just by the gas pedal. The skylines in gt5 are understeery, dull and a bit unpredictable. Not so much fun to drive.

For real life ride i'd pick the GT-R though. Much more refined package, still extremely quick and it doesn't want to kill me. I could also drive it in snow in the winter. Plus I could just barely let my girl friend drive it. The zr1? I'm not sure I'd be man enough to drive it myself. At least the gtr would make me feel like a driver that knows even something about driving ;).
 
Back