POLL: Thrustmaster T300RS/GTE Reliability Poll

• Thread starter VBR
  • 504 comments

Have you had any problems with your T300RS/GTE?

• Total voters
Coming up to 5 months use on my T300RS on PS3~4 without any issues. Even with the unseasonably hot UK weather over the past few days, its been faultless. The pedals were upgraded to T3PA's a month into ownership and again, no issues with either them, or the TH8A shifter.

Coming up to 5 months use on my T300RS on PS3~4 without any issues. Even with the unseasonably hot UK weather over the past few days, its been faultless. The pedals were upgraded to T3PA's a month into ownership and again, no issues with either them, or the TH8A shifter.
That's great to hear. Hopefully you've got a good'un. 👍

I votes yes, I got replacement 3 times and no wheel since project cars release...been delayed alot due no stock. :(

Click noise twice and jerky turn wheel. :(

Technically..no??? Sometimes the FFB goes away/fades in PCars.

Jerome

I've been playing PCARS for several hours a day everyday and have never experienced any FFB fade. I wonder what causes it. Maybe it has to do with the FFB settings? Maybe people who experience the fade has it cranked up so the wheel works harder?

o522f.jpg

I got my replacement T300. It took 17 days from the day I mailed the clicking/clunking one out.. about 20 days from the day I reported the issue.

I am very surprised the difference. It is much smoother than my original one ever was. Everything works nicely, even the paddle shifters on the rim feel better.

Very happy! Yes it sucked not having a wheel for almost 3 weeks but as long as this one does not have any issues for awhile I am a happy camper.

I got my replacement T300. It took 17 days from the day I mailed the clicking/clunking one out.. about 20 days from the day I reported the issue.

I am very surprised the difference. It is much smoother than my original one ever was. Everything works nicely, even the paddle shifters on the rim feel better.

Very happy! Yes it sucked not having a wheel for almost 3 weeks but as long as this one does not have any issues for awhile I am a happy camper.
Does the replacement have a full warranty/guarantee, or are they just going to honour it from the day that you purchased the original faulty wheel?

At least you've got it fixed, it sucks not having a wheel for 3 weeks though.

Does the replacement have a full warranty/guarantee, or are they just going to honour it from the day that you purchased the original faulty wheel?

At least you've got it fixed, it sucks not having a wheel for 3 weeks though.

My warranty is from the date of original purchase plus about 20 days (the time my wheel was reported faulty to the time I received my replacement) is what they told me.

Technically..no??? Sometimes the FFB goes away/fades in PCars.

Jerome
I've been playing PCARS for several hours a day everyday and have never experienced any FFB fade. I wonder what causes it. Maybe it has to do with the FFB settings? Maybe people who experience the fade has it cranked up so the wheel works harder?
It happens sometime, it's most likely due to pCARS in your case. When you hit invisible walls it disables FFB as well.

It also means that it doesn't always happen.

It always does for me. Also, my nice warm tyres sometimes go instantly stone cold. The tyres don't cool every time, but my FFB does if I hit a 'landmine' on track.

It always does for me. Also, my nice warm tyres sometimes go instantly stone cold. The tyres don't cool every time, but my FFB does if I hit a 'landmine' on track.

I have actually never experienced either of those before. I mean, I've hit invisible objects, but never had any of those things happen afterward.

Not expected that the T300RS would be less reliable then the TX. TX failure rate despite it´s launch is not near 50 % from any reports. Mine is still going strong and it may very well be from that batch. Maybe it just was the firmware issue on Xbox One who knows.

But these polls are missleading a bit since many come to forum to solve problems that would not hang around here enough to vote on their T300RS not failing.

And if a customer get a problem he may go on a holy crusade warning fellow simracers about the wheel not to be trusted. Not wrong sharing your experience at all but the poll results will always be skewed in one direction.

But still 50/50 was not quite expected. The heavier stock rim of the T300RS maybe put more pressure on the wheel then the super light TX rim?

Not expected that the T300RS would be less reliable then the TX. TX failure rate despite it´s launch is not near 50 % from any reports. Mine is still going strong and it may very well be from that batch. Maybe it just was the firmware issue on Xbox One who knows.

But these polls are missleading a bit since many come to forum to solve problems that would not hang around here enough to vote on their T300RS not failing.

And if a customer get a problem he may go on a holy crusade warning fellow simracers about the wheel not to be trusted. Not wrong sharing your experience at all but the poll results will always be skewed in one direction.

But still 50/50 was not quite expected. The heavier stock rim of the T300RS maybe put more pressure on the wheel then the super light TX rim?

I agree - even though mine developed an issue and I got a replacement (the clicking/clunking feeling when turning back and forth around the center) . If you look at Amazon USA most of the reviews are good. 60% of the 106 reviews are 5 stars. Amazon UK - 60 out of 70 reviews are 4 stars or better.

Also, even though I had a problem, I got it replaced and I am happy with it. If no new wheels are introduced in the next year and mine dies after the warranty, I will buy another if I can't fix it.. that is how much I enjoy it.

Last edited:
I bought a t300gte yesterday and I was able to play just half an hour, but it seems to be ok. I will try again today and if there are any problems i will tell you.

If you look at Amazon USA most of the reviews are good. 60% of the 106 reviews are 5 stars. Amazon UK - 60 out of 70 reviews are 4 stars or better.

People usually make their reviews quite soon after the initial purchase and usually prior to any problems, so unless they can edit their review (I don't use Amazon) then the reviews may also be inaccurate too. I wonder how many made a 5-star review and then had their wheel develop a fault?

If Thrustmaster didn't have the amount of issues that I keep reading then I would possibly be more tempted to buy one, but in all honesty, I'm not paying that much money for something which has caused lots of GTP user problems. It's great to hear that they're being fixed too (well done TM) but it's a lengthy process and I'd personally prefer to see a faster exchange process from TM.

People usually make their reviews quite soon after the initial purchase and usually prior to any problems, so unless they can edit their review (I don't use Amazon) then the reviews may also be inaccurate too. I wonder how many made a 5-star review and then had their wheel develop a fault?

If Thrustmaster didn't have the amount of issues that I keep reading then I would possibly be more tempted to buy one, but in all honesty, I'm not paying that much money for something which has caused lots of GTP user problems. It's great to hear that they're being fixed too (well done TM) but it's a lengthy process and I'd personally prefer to see a faster exchange process from TM.
But you can apply the same logic to the comments you read too, like oqvist said when your wheel works fine you usually don't shout it in the forums, so the ratio of good vs bad comments can be misleading.

But you can apply the same logic to the comments you read too, like oqvist said when your wheel works fine you usually don't shout it in the forums, so the ratio of good vs bad comments can be misleading.
Even if you double the numbers on the no issue side of the poll you have a 25% failure rate. :nervous: That's a lot worse then any poll I have seen for other wheels.

It´s more of an exponential number. there is a saying that a happy customer give 5 new ones. An unhappy customer give 20 unhappy customers. And this was before facebook ;)

The way I see it is, no matter how you spin the numbers the failure rate is still very high. When compared to other polls its kind of scary. When you beating Fanatec in your failure rates somethings going wrong with your production process.

Yeah but if there is 5% out of 10,000, the forums will give the impression it is more than 20% out of 1,000 because there will be more people complaining.

You cant get any kind of accurate numbers from a poll like this. You can though , comparing to other similar polls, get an idea of how prone to failure they are. Fantec was slaughtered on this site for its failure rates and this wheel has a higher failure rate then any of them did. TM need to address the issue the same way Fanatec has been. Trying to down play the situation isn't going to solve it. Nor should it be over blown, but it is a problem.

This forum is visited by plenty of wheel owners who don't have problems. They come here for something else, see this thread, & are kind enough to vote & comment.

👍

Back