POLL: Thrustmaster T300RS/GTE Reliability Poll

• Thread starter VBR
  • 504 comments

Have you had any problems with your T300RS/GTE?

• Total voters
Anecdotally.... We're seeing less stories of new T300s breaking in the GTPlanet T300 thread, and one of the guys on Racedepartment said that his replacement felt more solid and smoother than his original. It's very possible that Thrustmaster have made progress on their QC and maybe even changed the specification on some problematic parts.

If you look at the T500, that has had loads of minor tweaks to components during the lifespan since the 2011 launch (different fan, different motor cooling configuration, different bolts in the quick release, different springs under the pedals, new top cover screw positions).

You could be a cynic and say that Thrustmaster has been spurred on to get T300 quality under control due to the Logitech G29 arriving on the market. But I think they would have started on getting things under control right away. No manufacturer wants this kind of poll to show up on internet, scaring away potential customers.

Anecdotally.... We're seeing less stories of new T300s breaking in the GTPlanet T300 thread, and one of the guys on Racedepartment said that his replacement felt more solid and smoother than his original. It's very possible that Thrustmaster have made progress on their QC and maybe even changed the specification on some problematic parts.........

That is my exact experience - My replacement is so much more solid, smooth, better internal fan.. the rim's buttons, dpad, and shift paddles all feel better.

No manufacturer wants this kind of poll to show up on internet, scaring away potential customers.
I totally agree with this statement. TM needed to react to the issues and hopefully they have done so. 👍 Fingers crossed for anyone buying a TM wheel.

I suppose that the sales of new wheels has probably slowed down somewhat too, which will help stem the tales of woe. :lol:

Thrustmaster Is About about to release the PS4 Servo Base, then the ecosystem will be complete to buy the complete T300RS set: Wheel, Base and Pedal combination of your choice. and if the reliability is improved, Logitech will be forced to set new price point. Watch out Fanatec:lol:

Thrustmaster Is About about to release the PS4 Servo Base, then the ecosystem will be complete to buy the complete T300RS set: Wheel, Base and Pedal combination of your choice. and if the reliability is improved, Logitech will be forced to set new price point. Watch out Fanatec:lol:
How do you know this?

How do you know this?
Haven't they (TM) announced this recently? I'm sure that I read it somewhere, it's not cheap buying the base separately, but for someone wanting the leather rim rather than the normal rubber one, and then the T3PA-Pro + TH8A...it should be a good option.

Haven't they (TM) announced this recently? I'm sure that I read it somewhere, it's not cheap buying the base separately, but for someone wanting the leather rim rather than the normal rubber one, and then the T3PA-Pro + TH8A...it should be a good option.
Yes for the xbone version but this is the first I heard about the t300

Yes for the xbone version but this is the first I heard about the t300

Thrustmaster Rep States it in this video just watch 00:45 into this interview

So now if you want to buy an XBOX One for Forza 6 all it will cost you is the Thrustmaster XBox One Servo Base, because the Wheel and Pedals on the T300 or the T3PA and Add-On Wheels can can be used on both platforms.👍👍

Last edited:
My 2nd T300 GTE broke today. Second one in less than a year. What. A. Pure. Joke.

Exactly the same problem so I can quote myself from page 1:
My first wheel's FFB stopped working then soon after the wheel wasn't even able to calibrate itself (kept spinning again and again). No new problem since I changed for a new one back in December.
Can't say I'm really confident about the wheel's reliability, I expect it to stop working anytime. :nervous:

Edit: My first T300 lasted couple of days by the way !

The wheelbase is great but I'm not buying any (Mis)Thrustmaster stuff anytime soon.

My replacement T300 (replaced about 8 months ago) acted up today; upon start up the wheel spun clockwise, then the tension eased off totally, slowly turning anti; then it repeated over and over .... not a good sign. I unplugged it several times; reinstalled the Thrustmaster software, same result. I switched it to ps4 mode then back to pc, still the same issue.
I've got 2wks left of warranty thank goodness. I'm going to sell the third T300RS ASAP as I'm done with this wheel and manufacturer and indeed; non direct drive wheels in general.

I somehow managed to get my wheel kind of working again today. Well it worked after I tried a couple of time to calibrate it properly but I think sometime the FFB becomes abnormally strong or weak... And it calibrates only on one side (clockwise).
I have to investigate further and I'm going to update the firmware again ASAP (i.e. January...) and I'll come back with the results.

I think the fan in mine started to die today. It suddenly got really loud. At first I didn't know it was the fan, so I took the cover off to look. But after I put it back together it stopped making the noise. In any case, I ordered a replacement fan for when it does actually die. Those fans are cheap. I ordered the most expensive one I could find on Amazon that was the same size and voltage, and it was only $5.

image.png

Maybe Amazon is to blame for all the reliability issues.

I got mine yesterday, no problems yet, just getting use to FFB, I also have A Thrustmaster T80 I bought 12/15/2015, No problems with that either.

Update on my T300RS : it's now 12 months old, gets used daily on pCARS, Drive club, GT6, Seb Loeb rally (demo) and not had one single issue. The only thing I've had to do to it in this time is tighten the Allen screws on the centre boss which worked a bit loose during use, apart from that, nothing.

Update on my T300RS : it's now 12 months old, gets used daily on pCARS, Drive club, GT6, Seb Loeb rally (demo) and not had one single issue. The only thing I've had to do to it in this time is tighten the Allen screws on the centre boss which worked a bit loose during use, apart from that, nothing.
A little thread lock will fix that allen screw issue btw.

Double trouble,
Sadly new troubles! my T300 base died last night while playing "Dirt Rally"
This is the same wheel I sent back just after getting it, back in February. It had a electrical buzzing.
This time round it just stopped, unplugging re-plugging - nothing not even seen in the Windows Control panel/Devices and Printers
Sent off an email to Support and now waiting on a reply.
BTW the first Support experience I had was good.

Double trouble,
Sadly new troubles! my T300 base died last night while playing "Dirt Rally"
This is the same wheel I sent back just after getting it, back in February. It had a electrical buzzing.
This time round it just stopped, unplugging re-plugging - nothing not even seen in the Windows Control panel/Devices and Printers
Sent off an email to Support and now waiting on a reply.
BTW the first Support experience I had was good.

Once again service was good they responded quickly sending me the return info and I sent it off. It was sent back relatively quickly. It has been over a month now and the wheel has been working well.

Latest Posts

Back