POLL: Thrustmaster T300RS/GTE Reliability Poll

• Thread starter VBR
  • 504 comments

Have you had any problems with your T300RS/GTE?

• Total voters
You can set degrees of rotation to the biggest number you like for drifting, safe in the knowledge that this won't prevent you driving any cars. Most people use 900 because that's good enough, but you can set 1080 if you want, the T300 supports it.

Thanks skazz. That was very helpful. đź‘Ť

After reading this topic, i cant choose my new wheel.

Now is my question should i buy the t300 ferrari integral alcantra (400€) ore just go for save en buy the g29 (320 + f1 2016)

After reading this topic, i cant choose my new wheel.

Now is my question should i buy the t300 ferrari integral alcantra (400€) ore just go for save en buy the g29 (320 + f1 2016)

I went ahead and purchased the T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantra kit. So far it's much better than my G27.
I use it for Assetto Corsa (PC) and I have to say it's made me a slightly better driver.

I am also hearing so much negative about how long the wheel will last. I have been using mine for over three weeks.
About 5 hours a day. No noise, no fan problems, and no calibration issues. Very happy with this wheel so far.

The number of threads about the TM failures has really put me off buying the wheel, especially given how much more expensive it is than the Logitech alternative.

My G25 has had a lot of hard use over the years (I bought it for GT5:Prologue, so have had it in use for 9 years!) and absolutely nothing has failed, nothing has come loose, no squeaks, rattles, loss of FFB.

I'd happily pay the money for the T300 base, TH8A, the leather wheel etc. the whole lot, but it just seems to be pot luck as to whether it'd last more than a few weeks, let alone another decade! Can't bring myself to get a G29 though, as I like the idea of the belt driven smoothness / quietness etc.

The number of threads about the TM failures has really put me off buying the wheel, especially given how much more expensive it is than the Logitech alternative.

My G25 has had a lot of hard use over the years (I bought it for GT5:Prologue, so have had it in use for 9 years!) and absolutely nothing has failed, nothing has come loose, no squeaks, rattles, loss of FFB.

I'd happily pay the money for the T300 base, TH8A, the leather wheel etc. the whole lot, but it just seems to be pot luck as to whether it'd last more than a few weeks, let alone another decade! Can't bring myself to get a G29 though, as I like the idea of the belt driven smoothness / quietness etc.

Bought a G25 for Prologue also, & it's still going strong (had to make 2 simple repairs myself though). Got a G29 for ÂŁ0.00 recently, but much prefer the G25. Like you I didn't want to invest hundreds on TM gear because of all the failiures. Got a Fanatec CSR, & like you have come to prefer the belt drive over the Logitech gear. Now that Fanatec have done the dirty with $ony & are no longer going to provide game devs with drivers for their older wheels, I've been pushed outside into the cold. The whole thing has left me feeling sick.

There's no good online multiplayer on PS4 racing games anyway, plus I'm now expected to pay $ony money so I can use my own internet for it, & most of the sims out there are threadbare &/or full of bugs. I'm seriously thinking of selling all my gear off & finding a new hobby, one that's not so infected with greedy money grabbing corporate leeches.

How I feel as expressed with emoticons: :banghead: :boggled: 🤬 :confused: :crazy: :dunce: :eek: :( :guilty: :ill: :indiff: :irked: :mad: :nervous: :odd: :ouch: :rolleyes: :scared: 👎 :yuck: :grumpy:

Last edited:
VBR
I'm seriously thinking of selling all my gear off & finding a new hobby, one that's not so infected with greedy money grabbing corporate leeches.
I feel exactly the same way. :( I have no interest in the PS4 and even PC gaming is annoying me somewhat.

Anyone fancy making a micro-transaction!!! :mad:

There appears to be less people moaning about the T300 at the moment, but I still wouldn't trust the wheel. It's too much money for the potential hassle.

I hope that this gen of consoles dies quickly and the next-gen is a massive improvement for the players.

All hobbies cost money. Switching from simracing to something else probably won't change this :)

If you do buy a T300 wheel, Do NOT throw away the box !
My second wheel has just done the same as my original from Jan 2015. #1 lasted about 6-7 months and then went FUBAR with the calibration, trying to tear itself to bits. TM did me a RTM which I hoped was from a newer "refined" batch. ... Nope this one has done the exact same thing after about the same period of time. Am waiting on a reply from TM to see what they have to say. Im sick to the gut.

The sound every T300 owner lives in fear of.

If you do buy a T300 wheel, Do NOT throw away the box !
My second wheel has just done the same as my original from Jan 2015. #1 lasted about 6-7 months and then went FUBAR with the calibration, trying to tear itself to bits. TM did me a RTM which I hoped was from a newer "refined" batch. ... Nope this one has done the exact same thing after about the same period of time. Am waiting on a reply from TM to see what they have to say. Im sick to the gut.

The sound every T300 owner lives in fear of.

That's EXACTLY what my two T300 did. I somehow manage to have it calibrated with patience but then the FFB has weird behaviours after 40 minutes....
My warranty expired anyway.

So I want to buy a T300rs wheel and I can get a sweet deal 2nd hand, but this thread makes me wary. The one I buy will probably not have a receit, so I guess I wont get any service from trustmaster right? The G29 starting to look rather apealing, though I really want the belted apparatus from the t300...

Those of you in the US who've had their T300 RMA'ed and shipped to Canada, may I know how long it took them to fix it and ship back to the US?

The one I buy will probably not have a receit, so I guess I wont get any service from trustmaster right?

Yes. You would need proof of purchase, so the original receipt, without that I doubt that TM will help you in the event of a failure.

The G29 doesn't appear to be free of issues either, but so far I think it's fair to say that the G29 is ahead in the reliability department for the time being.

It's awkward to know what to get. Eventually you've just got to make the jump and purchase one. ;)

Mine 300 GTE died the calibration/spinningdeath a few days ago.
I have tried everything (updates, calib.tools and hokus-pokus methods from random places of the net) to no succes.
It worked for about a year.

I´ve been using it on PS4 only (Project Cars and Assetto Corsa).
I believe the force feedback started to feel strange the last time i used it and that i also felt som smell from the wheel (but hard to say exactly when in the middle of a race).
Anyway, the next day it was spinning time..

Problem is, what do i do now.
Buy a new one (is the problem fixed on new wheels)?
Go for a Logitech?... :indiff:
Buy a 599XX evo set?

I´m not in to some aftermarket stuff that need tons of knowledge and hours of connecting to get to work, i want to plug it in and play.

Last edited:
Those of you in the US who've had their T300 RMA'ed and shipped to Canada, may I know how long it took them to fix it and ship back to the US?

The first time took nearly a month, from starting emails to receiving the wheel back.

The second time took 20 days.

Now my wheel is doing the spin thing again. Now I am out of warranty by 1 month. I wrote them explaining the recent repair, no luck, no extended warranty.

They will not quote a total repair cost. Only they will charge a min of $60.00 US to look at the wheel. I am responsible for shipping both ways.

... I just decided to replace my g25 - which I had for like 9 years and still going strong like day 1! - and was out off by the market.

Thrustmaster reliability issues, fanatec does not support ps4 that is instant fail for me even if had the budget to spend on it.

I was just about to buy the t300 Alcantara set with the th8a stick. If any problem occurred I could live without a wheel for some time, but I live in Greece so sending things back and forth with my own expenses is going to be both expensive and ridiculous...

Does anyone know if there are any newer nor reliable revisions coming out? Have there been any improvements in the hardware lately? Is anyone from thrustmaster watching these forums?

I've expressed my concerns to the presales department of thrustmaster concerning reliability and still expecting their reply after a couple of days.

If nothing improved I'm honna stick with my g25. havent ever tried a better wheel, so no comparison... So can't miss what I dont know what it feels like :/

...havent ever tried a better wheel, so no comparison... So can't miss what I dont know what it feels like :/

This is exactly how I am at the moment. đź‘Ť

Currently playing on the PC with my G27 and it still feels good. :)

Mine 300 GTE died the calibration/spinningdeath a few days ago.
I have tried everything (updates, calib.tools and hokus-pokus methods from random places of the net) to no succes.
It worked for about a year.

I´ve been using it on PS4 only (Project Cars and Assetto Corsa).
I believe the force feedback started to feel strange the last time i used it and that i also felt som smell from the wheel (but hard to say exactly when in the middle of a race).
Anyway, the next day it was spinning time..

Problem is, what do i do now.
Buy a new one (is the problem fixed on new wheels)?
Go for a Logitech?... :indiff:
Buy a 599XX evo set?

I´m not in to some aftermarket stuff that need tons of knowledge and hours of connecting to get to work, i want to plug it in and play.
I see. I'm on my first cycle, and just after a day of them receiving it, they advise me that they're ordering a new one for me. Looks like my wheelbase was hopeless. But have to wait a couple of weeks before I can get it from the US when my sister returns. Dang, I hope it lasts much, much longer this time, as the first only worked for 2 weeks.

I bought a new 300rs from a local store here in Sweden were i live.
That way i'm at least under 100% warranty for one year and for three years if i can prove that there was a problem from the beginning (but how to do that i don't understand?..)
Anyway that's regulated by law here.

My old 300gte will do service with spare parts and it's wheel.

Am i fine with this?
No, but what else can you do..
I really think it's close to a joke that a toy for around $400 don't stand the test of time better.

đź‘Žđź‘Žđź‘Ž

Everytime i read posts like the ones you guys posted,with so many problems, i got so mad! Seriously, it's so ridiculous what happens with these wheels.

People should move some kind of legal action against then.

@Cocomoto

It's really sad to see so many having issues. :( I know that there are many happy T300 owners too, but this T300 reliability poll really does show just how bad the problem is with the wheel.

It's not as though the T300 is a budget wheel either. It's sold at a reasonably high price and it should therefore be a quality product.

I highly doubt that there will be a legal action against them because ultimately TM are honouring their warranty and getting the wheels repaired/replaced. It's going to be problem for owners that are now out of warranty already and they're unable to get their wheels repaired. :ouch:

The gaming industry needs to shape up and sort itself out. The industry has become increasingly greedy.

@Cocomoto

It's really sad to see so many having issues. :( I know that there are many happy T300 owners too, but this T300 reliability poll really does show just how bad the problem is with the wheel.
Reliability polls are useless for telling anything statistically valid. I'm sure most happy users don't go anywhere near hardware sections of forums.

A couple of guys per month with T300 issues on one of the biggest playstation focused simracing forums is statistical noise, nothing to draw conclusions from. Unfortunate for them, sure, but that's all.

Reliability polls are useless for telling anything statistically valid. I'm sure most happy users don't go anywhere near hardware sections of forums.

A couple of guys per month with T300 issues on one of the biggest playstation focused simracing forums is statistical noise, nothing to draw conclusions from. Unfortunate for them, sure, but that's all.

When i first voted, my wheel was 6 months old and after 4 months i vhanged my vote.

I'm not basing my opnion only in this poll, ALL my friends who owns/owned a T300 had some kind of problem, its only 4, with 5...

I'm crossing my fingers with my upcoming replacement, and hope this lasts much, much longer than my first one that lasted only 2 weeks. Worse in my case as I had to wait for someone to travel to the US to ship it for RMA (plus get it back only when someone travels back). When TM received my first one, they replied immediately that it had to be replaced as the 'calibration ruined parts that were no longer repairable'.

Is there a T500 base only being sold by TM?

I had a problem twice and there were both terminal. I bet I'm not the only one, it can't be right.

The poll most certainly isn't statistically accurate, but let's be honest here for a moment...... The TM T300 has had a vast number of failures. There is no denying that the T300 has its issues.

I assume that your T300 is still going strong? Perhaps if you were in the same boat as some of the people in this thread, you may also start to think differently. It comes down to luck. ;)

I was just reacting to the rather overstated discussions around "vast" failure rates or legal action or suchlike.

Obviously the TX/T300 have had a higher failure rate than one would expect and certainly higher than Logitech or Thrustmaster's own T150/T500. But we have no clue whether the rates are 1%, 5%, 10% or higher. Anecdotal evidence doesn't tell us enough for that.

And yes, my replacement T300 is still going strong after nearly 2 years of use. I'm just approaching end of warranty in about 2 weeks, so I'm exactly one of the potential "victims" you were talking about in your earlier post. We shall see how that plays out.

Back