[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ironic thing about the inevitable assassination attempt that will take place over the next four years is that liberals hate guns...
I find that their ideals are contradictory to their behavior all the time. Not just with guns. Being anti globalism and corruption but supporting Hillary, being anti guns but calling for assassinations, being 'peaceful and tolerant' until they encounter people that do not share their opinion so they go in a tantrum and become aggressive, being feminists or supporting LGBT rights but not saying a word on how badly they are treated in a lot of Islamic countries... the list goes on.

I find that their ideals are contradictory to their behavior all the time. Not just with guns. Being anti globalism and corruption but supporting Hillary, being anti guns but calling for assassinations, being 'peaceful and tolerant' until they encounter people that do not share their opinion so they go in a tantrum and become aggressive, being feminists but not saying a word on how badly women are treated in a lot of Islamic countries... the list goes on.

Just trust them, they know better than the rest of us.

I find that their ideals are contradictory to their behavior all the time. Not just with guns. Being anti globalism and corruption but supporting Hillary, being anti guns but calling for assassinations, being 'peaceful and tolerant' until they encounter people that do not share their opinion so they go in a tantrum and become aggressive, being feminists or supporting LGBT rights but not saying a word on how badly they are treated in a lot of Islamic countries... the list goes on.

Schizophrenia, hypocrisy and delusion might be applicable summaries for the neoliberal apocalypse you describe. :D

I always thought that 'impeachment' sounds like it involves being chopped into segments and put in a tin can with some light syrup.

I also believe that Trump's swearing-in ceremony later today will be the first literal swearing-in, as millions of people (including Trump himself no doubt) say "How the 🤬 did this happen?"

Last edited:
And the obvious solution is to angrily oppose them, and their causes when any potential social question comes up, right?

I mean, all liberals must be assassination calling hypocrites.

And the obvious solution is to angrily oppose them, and their causes when any potential social question comes up, right?

Well of course, why else would you post videos from a guy who thinks devil-like sports mascots are instruments of an Illuminati plot to kill off Christianity?

No need for that, they are quite good at discrediting themselves.

You think?

DK
Well of course, why else would you post videos from a guy who thinks devil-like sports mascots are instruments of an Illuminati plot to kill off Christianity?
Ah yes, ad hominem attacks always work when you can't rebuff the argument right. 👍

Anti-Trump protesters blocked Inauguration Day security screening checkpoints in Washington, D.C., early Friday morning.

protesters.png

I'm not, but your description doesn't fit the definition.
Do explain how.
It's isn't impossible to know what he said, just listen to the whole statement/speech instead of the soundbites, which is what it sounds like is all you've listened to so far.
I did have a glimpse at his whole presidential announcement speech, and that's all I found in his comments regarding Mexican immigrants.
If you're gonna try to make the argument based on what he's literally saying, then you're still wrong considering he added, "And some, I assume, are good people".

Clearly he's not talking about all Mexicans if he excuses "some". Not that it matters bc he has been referring to illegals when he talks about Mexico.
If Trump was referring to illegal immigrants when talking about Mexico, he still would be making an early claim without sufficient evidence and displaying prejudice against illegal Mexican immigrants. As this link says:
...it seems impossible to responsibly claim that those immigrants (referring to undocumented immigrants) are more likely to commit crimes than their American-born neighbors.
There is simply no accurate conclusion that can be drawn from recent studies, when both sides seem to edit the results obtained in one way or another in order for it to fit their argument.

Ah yes, ad hominem attacks always work when you can't rebuff the argument right. 👍
What argument? It's a given that in a country of 320 million, there's going to be some people who are so dissatisfied with the result that they're threatening assassination. In terms of their basic motivation, these people threatening to assassinate Trump are little different to the legion of basement-dwelling white supremacists threatening to assassinate Obama when he took office.

GT HP Nut
...it seems impossible to responsibly claim that those immigrants (referring to undocumented immigrants) are more likely to commit crimes than their American-born neighbors.

There is simply no accurate conclusion that can be drawn from recent studies, when both sides seem to edit the results obtained in one way or another in order for it to fit their argument.

I don't think anyone is arguing that natural citizens commit crime at a high rate, that does not mean we should import more, don't forget illegal immigration is well, illegal. You should also read the post I made about what is happening in places such as AZ, NM, and TX.

Of course there are many already here and many more that will come simply to work, they are not that huge problem people claim over losing jobs however they are also a problem. For one thing they don't pay tax because they can't, business can skip out on tons of tax as well because all the work is 'off the books' that is just one example.

Illegal immigration is a problem in the U.S., illegal immigration is creating crime and not just minor non violent, but also drugs, murder, rape, prostitution, and so on.

Last edited:
DK
What argument? It's a given that in a country of 320 million, there's going to be some people who are so dissatisfied with the result that they're threatening assassination. In terms of their basic motivation, these people threatening to assassinate Trump are little different to the legion of basement-dwelling white supremacists threatening to assassinate Obama when he took office.
Well if you would have posted a video back then when it happened with Obama, I would have condemned it instead of trying to discredit the video.

His point being that Twitter is not really acting up against this, and seems to be just letting these people say such things. And I think that's a pretty valid point.

While I am not a Trump supporter I'm not a protester either, he is our President for crying out loud.
Doesn't mean we have to accept it. As citizens we do have the right to protest. Peacefully, obviously.

Edit: Man, the insults are flying around in here today. Best I leave the room for a while...

Doesn't mean we have to accept it. As citizens we do have the right to protest. Peacefully, obviously.

Edit: Man, the insults are flying around in here today. Best I leave the room for a while...

Of course, at what point should/would one of these protesters calm down however? And tbh I don't consider disruption peaceful, I'm sure there is a mix going on right now.

What bothers me are people that will not accept their president, I hate that and have always, talking trash here and there I understand because I do it regardless of party affiliation, conservative or liberal. That is normal, saying things like 'that is not my president' and 'he is not legitimate' etc. is bunk.

Which also means not accepting the outcome of a democratic election. He's going to be your president for the next 4 years so you'll have to accept it eventually.
Not really, no. Just because he's there doesn't mean I ever have to be ok with it.
What bothers me are people that will not accept their president
Present, leader, same thing. By your logic, everyone should have accepted Hitler, no? Not comparing Trump to him, just saying...

Do explain how.
Google is your friend. Hint: Mexican is not a race.

If Trump was referring to illegal immigrants when talking about Mexico, he still would be making an early claim without sufficient evidence and displaying prejudice against illegal Mexican immigrants. As this link says:
Of the 61,529 criminal cases initiated by federal prosecutors last fiscal year, more than 40%—or 24,746—were filed in court districts neighboring the Mexican border. This includes Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, Western Texas and Southern Texas. The two Texas districts each had more than double the convictions of all four federal court districts in the state of New York combined, according to the DOJ report. The Western Texas District had the nation’s heaviest crime flow, with 6,341 cases filed by the feds. In Southern Texas 6,130 cases were filed, 4,848 in Southern California, 3,889 in New Mexico and 3,538 in Arizona.
Not surprisingly, most of the offenses were immigration related. In fact, 38.6% of all federal cases (23,744) filed last year involved immigration, the DOJ report confirms. Nearly 22% (13,383) were drug related, 19.7% (12,123) were violent crimes and 10.2% (6,300) involved white-collar offenses that include a full range of frauds committed by business and government professionals. This is hardly earth-shattering news in fact, the nation’s southern border region has for years been known for its high crime rate compared to the rest of the country.
Source

Of the more than 2,200 people who received federal sentences for drug possession in fiscal year 2014, almost three-quarters of them were illegal immigrants, according to new data from the United States Sentencing Commission.
Illegal immigrants also made up more than one-third of all federal sentences, that data said.

Tens of thousands of criminal illegals have been released by ICE and are at large in the country. In 2015, ICE released almost 20,000 illegals that committed 64,000 crimes that involve "12,307 drunken driving convictions, 1,728 cases of assault, 216 kidnappings and more than 200 homicide or manslaughter convictions," according to the Washington Times. It's even worse when one considers the fact that the Obama administration released "86,000 illegal immigrants who have committed over 231,000 crimes in just the past two and a half years," according to Independent Journal Review.

In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.
Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back